Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first home town or city like.

DragonKing235

(edited)

My very first "home city" was only my place of living until I was 5, so I can barely remember it. My current home town is only my second. I'm graduating high school soon so once I finally move out, my current town will always be my "home town." I like it here, and I'll definitely miss it once I'm gone. Although I wouldn't mind living a little bit closer to the cities. 

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 2

Well I lived in a city instead of a town which I live in now. It was some sort of apartment but I don't remember anything about it, I was too young to remember.

• Brohoof 1

The first place I lived in was a suburb just outside Dublin City I really liked the area and had a pretty great time there growing up, I've now moved a bit closer to the City which is nice but I do miss my old place. 

• Brohoof 1

Ah, a small town in West Virginia. All we had was some drug stores, gas stations, and like 2 places to eat. Everything else was 30-40 minutes away. It was peaceful. But lots of lazy people who didn't wanna work. Pretty much everything was in walking distance.

It was a small town in central Massachusetts. It's pretty much the definition of an ultra-liberal Massachusetts town. :)

We moved when I was just 3, so I don't remember it, but we visit it quite a bit and it's always a great time.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

There was barely anyone or anything here. It was quiet and I liked it. Until the younger hipster generation started appearing and now there's too much here, like cancer and obesity factories such as MC Donalds.

Edited by Jamaican Jam
  • Brohoof 1

I grew up in Las Vegas, so it was like a city filled with drinking, hookers, and gambling.  In seriousness though, I hated growing up in Las Vegas because not surprisingly it's not a kid-friendly town so you have absolutely nothing to do out there when you're under 21.  The only big kid hang out when I was growing up was a water park called Wet n Wild, and of course because life isn't fair to me it closed down when I was in Elementary or Middle school and reopened up about a year after I moved out of Las Vegas... yeah sometimes life just isn't fair.

• Brohoof 2

A fairly large village, with a pub, a primary school and some shops. My parents still live there so I go back there sometimes. It's mostly populated by old people and families; I, like most other people not belonging to either young or old, moved out of there cuz it's pretty boring and there's nothing much to do.

• Brohoof 2

I live in the same city I've always lived in.  It wasn't so much a city when I was little though, there were only like 3 houses on our entire 'street'.  It was only farm houses in the district, so we had a ton of land.  It was just dirt everywhere and these really ugly trees.  I loved it.  Now it's like a regular crappy neighborhood with houses everywhere.  Our old house was not being kept up by the new owners, so it's falling apart and I can't even imagine anyone actually lives in it now.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I was born in an apartment near (not in) Belgravia in Central London. From the age of three I moved out of London and to the south and grew up in a larger house in a smaller village. I guess you could consider that my "home town", since I don't even remember anything about living in London itself. I'm living in this village still until I leave for university in September and will be sad to leave. I live right next to a river and a beautiful, colourful forest; so I can often hear the sounds of birds coming in through my window as the sun shines through the trees (sun in England though, yeah right). It's very tranquil, however I will admit that it's not the most exciting place to live, everything of interest (besides a few shops/village pubs/etc) is about a 20-30 minute drive away. It also makes commuting to my current sixth form rather difficult, but hey, I'm used to it.

Edited by ponypowa96
  • Brohoof 2

What's funny is that a lot of people who've never been to the village imagine it to be a wholesome, family sort of place, but when I was a teen/young adult, I used to get drunk every weekend and smoke shall we say, herbs all the time. It was very easy to get hold of drugs and the pub had massive lock-ins which would last til seven in the morning. XD Yeah, and virtually zero police presence as well. Well, it's what happens when younguns are bored... XD

• Brohoof 1

I still live here. It's always been full of crime and poverty, at least in my lifetime so far. Not the kind of place anyone would consider moving too

• Brohoof 1

My hometown was in a suburb in the western side. It was reasonably small but had a big shopping centre. It wasn't really anything special though, although I do like that place more than anywhere else I lived in.

• Brohoof 1

Simply put my hometown was pointless. Record breaking -68 degree winter -20 average, countless mosquitoes in the summer, it was a swamp forest in literally the middle of nowhere. The place is so bad it's called, Embarrass, enough said. Sorry it's not too kind of me to talk so poorly of my place of origin, but still Embarrass MN is just, ugh.

• Brohoof 1

I still live in the same town, but it is very different from how it used to be. My town is now an urban sprawled mishmash of clunky houses and buildings that are really out of place in a Midwestern town. What it used to be was a small farming community with lots of historic buildings. I miss my old town. :(

• Brohoof 1

I miss my too but were I live now I have a lot of great friends witch I like back in my home town I get no one well but I still like going back there for the summer to see my family and go swimming and stuff.