Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first home town or city like.

DragonKing235

Rustic and a little bit old, when I grew up in it. Now it's modern and prettier than the city I have closets access to now.

• Brohoof 1

I live in same place for my entire life, so it's like telling about a place I currently live in. Anyway.

It's a small town in southern Poland right at the mountains (known as Sudety in Poland) that is pretty far from any bigger city (closest one is 50-60 km away). It can be pretty boring sometimes as there is not much to do. There are few restaurants and pubs. Except that You can go for long walks in the forest (fun thing is going on top of mountain 15 km away and then drinking beer and eating sausages at campfire before going back to the town again). There is one swimming pool and there was also a lake with a beach, but now it is gone due to bad administration and economical skills of our town council. 

When it comes to architecture we have only one church with a pretty high (for polish standards at least) tower, that also serves as vantage point (but IMO better one is in the forest as You can see both the mountains and towns that are near them, and on top of all it is free. xD). 

We have also a cinema. But it is in dire condition and requires renovation. It is very outdated and biggest problem is that movies here are at least two weeks after they can be watched in other towns/cities. I am honestly suprised that it still exists actually.

About shopping malls - we have none interesting ones. There are low chances of buying anything except food that is actually of good quality. 

Recently terrible problem of this place is unemployment - more and more youth decides to move to bigger cities, because as much as they love this place - they just can't live without money and driving every day 60 km to work would be way too expensive and not worth the effort. I have a job here only, because my dad has a company, otherwise I'd "suffer" same fate as most of my friends.

Overall - it is peaceful town and it certainly would be nice place for someone who values peaceful life (if that person will find a job of course), but there are not many ways to entertain Yourself. Actually without friends - there are none. Walking around same area over and over again might get boring without a company, and this town is so small that a walk from one end of it to other takes 1-2 hours. 

• Brohoof 2

I've lived in my home town my whole life, never once moved out of it. Sadly, it's an absolute dump here. My main problem is the people. The majority of people (usually ages 10 - 25) are chavs and and unpleasant to be around. Fortunately I've spent most of my life living on a quiet and clean street, so there's a plus.

The shops are decent, to say the least. However, there are way too many pubs around.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I lived in Arvada, Colorado, which is right in the Denver area. I was content. It was big, and our neighborhood was nice, the park on the next block had Canadian geese and a big playground, and my best friend was one day older than me. Unfortunately, we moved when I was six.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Still in my first Home town and boy is it shitty, most of the people are unfriendly, the houses look terrible, most parts of the town are littered with rubbish, our buses are full of chavs spitting on the floor and playing their music out loud, we have a high teen pregnancy rate and I complain about the place frequently, but do you know what? It's my home and I wouldn't change it for the world.  :wub:

Edited by Sugar & Sins
  • Brohoof 1

Well my Hometown (That I will not name) was very close to some major military installations and thus there were helicopters flying and aircraft flying in the area 24/, Kept me up at night. I was still only 3 at the time, then we moved.

• Brohoof 1

Phoenix, Arizona. Nice most of the year, really hot in summer.

Hummingbirds migrate to the desert every winter and we would all put out feeders for them.

Phoenix is a 5 hour drive away from San Diego, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas. Perfect for weekend trips.

Phoenix is 2 hours away from mountains, so when the heat gets to you, relief is just a drive away.

It hardly ever rains. The State Fair lasts for a month (October and November). 3.5 million people call it home.

There are drive through Mexican food restaurants. and theaters with 30+ movie screens.

I would love to move there but my darling wife is a Midwest gal and so snow will be my future.

• Brohoof 1

Beaverdam, Virginia is a podunk, little town in the woods with naught of interest and hasn't seen any kind of activity or appreciable traffic since the 80s. It has a barber shop, a mechanic, a tiny gas station, a bank that gets virtually no business these days, and two churches. There is absolutely nothing to see or do. Nice, quiet place to live if you're retired and don't want much out of life, but for a more adventurous person or a child, it's a stifling place to live. I hated growing up there. I lived in the woods my entire childhood and early adult years, going stir crazy, feeling isolated from the world, and feeling like the only person my age who believed that literacy was important and that there should be more to life than driving trucks through mud bogs and watching football. So glad to be out of that dump.

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

I lived in a little town in Mass for 3 years. It was right near the border of Rhode Island, so there wasn't a whole lot to do there. I hope to visit the town again someday and see how it has changed.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
(edited)

First was Kent, but I don't count it because I remember nothing of it save our apartments. Afterwards was Cleveland Heights. It is a nice little suburb, and the street I lived on was my world. I don't really know how to describe it as it's my default world. It was very green, and nice. 

Edited by Ganondox

i lived on a farm outside of town,but the town itself was pretty boring,a place where only old people lived and had nothing to do around,the nature around it was great though,and when i got internet i was saved from the boredom part