Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What contests/giveaways have you won?

Zero Sonic

(edited)

Having recently won a giveaway for a Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle, it got me thinking about contests and how many people have won something in the past. If you did win, what did you receive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzbdfw75E0o

I was announced the winner near the end (I go by joshuastrife most everywhere else), should have the system sometime today!

Edited by Zero Sonic
  • Brohoof 3

Wait, you're implying that I've won something in my life?

*Marches off to the sound of fanfares in the rain of confetti in order to celebrate the very IDEA of this fact*

PS: Hard to win things when you don't participate in anything :P

• Brohoof 1

There's a local parade in my hometown every single year, and I used to have this little battery powered Jeep I'd drive around when I was a kid - one that kids can drive, you know? You charged it up, and drove it around.

Anyway, my dad decorated my little battery-powered Jeep to make it look really cool one day, and we entered it in the best float contest in the parade. Since our parade sucks and there's no actual floats, just decorated vehicles, and I was a little kid in a battery powered Jeep, I won 2nd place :D I got $50, too, and I spent it on this really cool Hot Wheels track :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Not in terms of conventional contests, but I graduated with distinction (David Smith Poetry Prize) because the poetry for my dissertation beat the poetry everyone else wrote. I also had poetry of mine published when I was three, but it was crap.

It's odd because I don't think highly of poetry (Stuff by Yates and Browning is turgid and boring. The only poets who have ever grabbed me by the short and curlies are Shelley and Duffy) , I just write it because it's a more unique style of writing than other. Basically, i'm a poet and I don't even know it.

And I swear I did not make that rhyme on purpose.

Edited by Wade Barrett
  • Brohoof 2

Not in terms of conventional contests, but I graduated with distinction (David Smith Poetry Prize) because the poetry for my dissertation beat the poetry everyone else wrote. I also had poetry of mine published when I was three, but it was crap.

It's odd because I don't think highly of poetry (Stuff by Yates and Browning is turgid and boring. The only poets who have ever grabbed me by the short and curlies are Shelley and Duffy) , I just write it because it's a more unique style of writing than other. Basically, i'm a poet and I don't even know it.

And I swear I did not make that rhyme on purpose.

Small freaking world! I met David Smith when I was in High School for a year in Norfolk (I was a Navy Brat). Winning the award bearing the namesake of a Pulitzer finalist is definitely an accomplishment to be proud of.

When I was 11 I won in a colouring contest of a Barbie. I won a bracelet. woo (the contest was meant for 5-6 y/os, but I was still playing with Barbies until teenager ok! And I was  really good at colouring in pictures, staying inside the lines.)

And recently I won a drawing contest on DA, some DA points.

I'm not very lucky. But I guess luckier than some? idk.

I won a few of those guessing games in elementary school.  You know, the guess how tall the teacher is or the guess how many candies in the jar.  Obviously i won the jar of candy.  lol

And I went to a special school in high school where you train for a job (it has different names in different states).  I was training to be a certified nursing assistant.  We have a thing called the skills olympics at the end of the year where a few people from each class compete against the rest of the school.  I was the best in the class, so they chose me to compete.  I beat the entire school.  :) I just got a medal for that though.  Lost it at my mom's house.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've never won anything really, except for this one time my school had an art completion and I got a 20 dollar gift card to an art store and I had to share it with this kid because we tied then he got expelled and it was all mine. But I forgot to go to the store and use it and because the stores were only in that one state I moved and I'm stuck in this state and I can never use it because the stores don't exist here! I soooo forgot to spend it. It's pretty sad. I've got a 20 dollar gift card I can never use....

Edited by Star Ruby
  • Brohoof 1

I won 2 new Xbox 360 for participating in Halo tournaments (not the MLG one that everyone sees but more of the local ones).  I also one money (highest I got was $500).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I won a drawing competition of some sort when I was in elementary school. I don't remember the details at all. Although I do remember the drawing... It was simply of a tree. xD

I also won a giveaway of Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros 2. I was aiming for the GBA AND the game, but, I won something and gave my family an excuse to get me a GBA. xD

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ive beaten some video games.

I guess i win those pretty easy

I also can guess numbers decently

Also some trivia stuff i think

life is hard

Edited by Delernil
  • Brohoof 1

In grade 1, I won a raffle for a delicious cake. They had 5 or 6 cakes on display and I watched which cakes had the least entries. I then made sure that my name went in last. I don't know whether they even shuffled it or not, but my name was picked! It was a cake that depicted horse racing with liquorice as the track.

Other than that, I haven't had many other wins. I had a near victory with a lego bionicle set, but they never sent it to me... Heartless jerks...

• Brohoof 2

When I first started my job, we were trying to raise money for a charity, and the cashiers were competing to see who could had the highest donations to orders ratio (to give part timers a fair shot). It went on for a month, with smaller weekly prizes as well. I won two of the weekly prize (free Starbucks coffee) and the final prize (free deli lunch and a silly certificate).

I haven't really won anything else; damn my sister for getting all of the talent.

• Brohoof 1

I won an iPod Mini by entering a contest last. The entry ended up on top after being spun around and around in that little cylindrical cage, so they picked my card. Go figure.

I've won a few Super Smash Bros Melee & Brawl tournaments in various colleges. The prize money was insignificant, but irrelevant. I donated the majority of it back into the clubs.

I won a few gift cards from a raffle during a trade show my workplace had sponsored.

I won the ability to live on Earth by being bold and adventurous, with a thirst for wisdom, knowledge, and experimentation in creativity. A lot of people don't think the prize is worth it, but it's totally a rush.

• Brohoof 1

I won stuff in bingo when our apt complex used to do it, good times, good times......  :lol:

Of course that's not the same as a giveaway, but I haven't won a large giveaway, just a really small one, but I just entered a HUGE one today for some amazing makeup, crossing my fingers!!!  ;)  :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Um, I caught one of those t-shirts that was shot out of a cannon at a minor league baseball game in Harrisburg one time.  It was a kid's sized shirt so I had to give it to one of my relatives. 

Aside from that, I haven't really won anything.  :P

• Brohoof 1

A local department store had a raffle for an arcade basketball hoop that I won about 5 years ago.

Need for Speed World has "Guess that car" events, where you guess what car is pictured in a distorted image and if you guess correctly you're entered to win the car in the game. (I won a Ford Mustang Boss 302 and a Lancia Delta HF Intergrale)

• Brohoof 1