Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What contests/giveaways have you won?

Zero Sonic

Need for Speed World has "Guess that car" events, where you guess what car is pictured in a distorted image and if you guess correctly you're entered to win the car in the game. (I won a Ford Mustang Boss 302 and a Lancia Delta HF Intergrale)

Omg, you made my day! Cuz, you see, I play this game too... I'm know as DERPYMAIL over here. :)

I won so much stuff on that game, incredible:

-Halloween vynils on forums friday on halloween.

-Formula plate on a random contest.

-Shine vynils on a random giveaway contest

And now the cars:

-BMW Z4 GT3 on forums friday

-Lamborghini Diablo SV on forums friday

-A Muscle starter pack, including a mustang rtr-x, 6000sb (got a Mclaren MP4-12c) and a ford logo vynil, all from a forum contest.

-A Chevrolet El Camino drag edition with an amazing drawing on forums friday

-A Lotus Evora which I traded for a pontiac GTO juggernaut edition

-Dodge Viper SRT10 juggernaut edition from a vintage design

Not counting all the public giveaway and the ingame rewards. (Add me ingame if you want, I'm very active. :))

In real life, I won a writing contest for a free writing stage. And book at my local library <3.

When I was in the cadets, I sold the biggest amount of raffle tickets, won a pizza. Also I won two trophies, one for best recruit, and another one for best elite shooter.

And I guess that's it lol.

• Brohoof 1

I recently won some jelly beans from a guess-how-many-jelly-beans-are-in-the-jar contest. It wasn't that big of a jar, and most people who were using math to figure it out were guessing in the 200s range. I didn't use any particular strategy to figure it out, I just thought, hey, why not put 512. It seemed like an overshoot, but then usually with these competitions, there's always more jelly beans in the jar than you'd think. And it turned out that was the case, as the actual number of jelly beans was 520. Yay :) .

• Brohoof 1

Back in high school I won a pair of tickets for a sledding hill while at a dance because I was able to name a song they were playing a song from the 60s (my dad has implanted a love for oldies rock and other oldies since I was younger). The song was "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies. I don't think I ever used the tickets...haha

I also won 4 "tickets" to a pre-release of "Now You See Me" but they weren't guaranteed tickets and so they ended up being worthless anyway. Me and my buddies went and got some Mongolian food instead. THAT was a win!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Having recently won a giveaway for a Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle, it got me thinking about contests and how many people have won something in the past. If you did win, what did you receive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzbdfw75E0o

I was announced the winner near the end (I go by joshuastrife most everywhere else), should have the system sometime today!

Wow, lucky!  Congrats.

Umm...  When I was young enough to only vaguely remember it, I won a prize in a national drawing contest for "Denver the Last Dinosaur" (he's a friend a whole lot more xD ).  I either received or was supposed to receive a totally rad fiberglass skateboard...  But my mom feared that I - being quite young - would fall and break my neck and die lol.  So she convinced them to swap it for a plush Denver, which I was perfectly fine with.  UNTIL she told me years later about the skateboard, maybe. xD

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 1

I have won a bunch of Minecraft contests, and i got something minecraft-related almost everywhere in my room now : P. But those days are now gone, and i have lost my power in pro-minecraft-building :(

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

In 7th grade I blew a bunch of money on raffle tickets so I could win a stuffed seal. Instead, I won this two foot long lollipop. It tasted gross so I ended up throwing it in the trash.

I won a Ski race once in Italy. I still got my trophy and helmet that I was given for winning :)

I swear I've won so many Steam games in giveaways. (Online giveaways.) Obviously they're not €60 AAA games, but they're not all that bad. I've won games like Super Meat Boy, GRID 2, I won the entire Valve Complete Pack, Bejeweled 3 and so on.

I won my high school's "Concerto Competition" my junior year and played Concerto for Trombone by Laury Grondahl for the performance :proud:.

Um... I never really won anything except prizes from crane machines in arcades. I remember one time when I was in middle school, my mother wanted a gift box so she blew $50.00 for 50 tickets to try and win a big gift box. We didn't win, but I still felt sad. Not because of us not winning, but because we spent $50.00 to try and win a gift box. 

Let's see. I won a naming contest to win a giant stuffed bear when I was two years old or so.

I've won a spelling contest back in 2001.

My last victory was a fencing tournament last year in October. It was my first ever tournament victory.

Let's see...

I used to go to a "Bike Rodeo" as a kid....I went every year and it was put together by local schools and Police Officers. It was where you did various activities on a bicycle, like traffic obeying and just other fun activities.. Each time they'd do a contest, and one year I actually won a bike from it. As a kid it was pretty exciting winning a new bike.

I won a Stuffed singing moose as a door prize at my dad's work Christmas party one year.

Then I've won  a lot of Coffee and donuts from Tim Horton's annual Roll up the rim to win.

I won a giveaway on an R/C forum a few years ago. And it was of a custom painted R/C Body. I got to pick out the theme as well. This was before MLP was a thing, or I'm sure I'd have Fluttershy plastered on it. :blush:

here's the body. I Never used it. I still have it. The painter also put my favourite number on the number panels. Everything was hand painted on it. :squee:

63530_10150092035379278_2870880_n.jpg?oh

59164_10150092035679278_6087287_n.jpg?oh

I think I won like a 25$ gift card for Itunes at a contest thing my friends church was doing years ago. That was like the only time I won something though. My family though, they signed their names in a selection to win a 50 inch HDTV LED Magnavox TV at a car dealership... low and behold we actually won the tv. I was stumped to hear that we won that thing :P.

• 3 years later...

Over five years ago, I won a Fire Mario action figure at this small gaming event. I answered a trivia question correctly, so I recieved it as a reward.

I once won 7 free Mars bars in a row when I was about 10 years old. Previous day, I had a winning wrapper and my mum stopped off at a petrol station on the way back from school to claim it for me. She came out with a new Mars bar and as soon as I opened it in the car, it was another winning wrapper. So she went back in the store and claimed that one. Out of curiosity, I opened it to see if it was another winner, and it was. And so the whole process continued until I ended up with one that didn't have a winning wrapper.

• 2 months later...

I don't think I've ever won anything, unless you count those scratch n win tickets that show up in the mail now and then. I always win those, but I never claim them, as I know there's some catch that would take all the joy out if it.