Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Mario Kart 8

Envy

wait youve only played 150cc? you should play the other ccs i got 3 stars in both of them easy

Play the easier modes? I'm sorry I could have sworn you just asked me to become a scrub... Racing games are the only genre besides adventure that I'm good enough to be competitive in so it is all or nothing.

I have to ask a question. This game looks amazing and I love me some Mario Kart. But is it worth getting a Wii U for? I know there are other games for the Wii U that I'm interested in.

I have to ask a question. This game looks amazing and I love me some Mario Kart. But is it worth getting a Wii U for? I know there are other games for the Wii U that I'm interested in.

WiiU Games worth getting that are out now:

• Pikmin 3
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Mario Kart 8
  • The virtual console games
  • Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate

Games that I've heard are worth getting:

• Child of Light
  • Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2
  • Rayman Legends
  • Trine 2 Director's Cut

Games that are coming out that I plan to get:

• X (Made by the people that made Xenogears)
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Smash Bros
  • Q.U.BE. Director's Cut
  • Shovel Knight
  • Watch Dogs

Games that I enjoyed more than I should:

• Nintendo Land
  • Little Inferno
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Wonderful 101 (I technically don't own it, but I'm going to buy it soon)
  • Brohoof 1

Hey uh...I love this tournament idea and all but...that set time is like 10:00 PM for me. Anyway we can expand that?

The tournament that I set up runs all day... Not sure what you're saying... :L

Mario Kart 8 is a lot of fun, but it suffers from a few significant flaws preventing it from becoming one of the "best" kart racers. First and foremost, moving the leaderboard and minimap onto the GamePad screen was a very poor design choice. Not only is it frustrating trying to look down at the GamePad screen to see where everyone is and who has what item, but those playing with the Pro Controller or a Wiimote don't even have access to that information at all. Also, item balancing needs to be addressed. As it stands, it is incredibly difficult to break out of the 8th through 4th positions, and it is incredibly easy to maintain the 3rd through 1st positions.

Regarding the character roster, I'm honestly okay with it. I agree that five baby characters is a bit excessive but the addition of the Koopalings is awesome, as Wendy is one of my favorite characters from the franchise. Pink Gold Peach might seem like a strange addition to the roster, but in Japan Metal Mario was one of the most popular and well received characters. Given that, it's not hard to understand why Nintendo added her to the roster.

Overall, Mario Kart 8 is exactly what I'd expect from a Mario Kart game. It's familiar and fun, though slightly frustrating at times. In the end, I still think that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is the best kart racer on the market, but Mario Kart 8 is a solid entry into its long-standing franchise known for great kart racing.

The tournament that I set up runs all day... Not sure what you're saying... :L

Really? It says it's 23:00 to 22:00 for me. It says it's active though so, I don't know honestly.

I'm not terribly fond of the fact that you can get coins from item boxes, though. There are plenty coins on the track, and coins do absolutely nothing useful in the race. I'll be in first with second and third close behind, and we'll go through item boxes, but they'll both get red shells while I get a measly, useless coin. And then I die.

Really? It says it's 23:00 to 22:00 for me. It says it's active though so, I don't know honestly.

Oh, yeah... That'd be from 11 PM to 10:30 PM. It goes from 11 all the way around until 10:30, where there's a half-hour break. You can still play in the tournament during the break, it just won't count towards your tournament scores. :)

I'm not terribly fond of the fact that you can get coins from item boxes, though. There are plenty coins on the track, and coins do absolutely nothing useful in the race. I'll be in first with second and third close behind, and we'll go through item boxes, but they'll both get red shells while I get a measly, useless coin. And then I die.

i agree, especially since theres a cap on how many coins you can have, becuase msot of the time i get coins in item boxes while i have 10 coins. so i mightve well have gotten nothing

• Brohoof 2

Oh, yeah... That'd be from 11 PM to 10:30 PM. It goes from 11 all the way around until 10:30, where there's a half-hour break. You can still play in the tournament during the break, it just won't count towards your tournament scores. :)

Ooooooh. That makes loads more sense! Okay. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

This game is so fun. I need more practice though because a bunch of other online friends kicked my butt last night.

My Nintendo Network ID is SillySallyBanana. Add me plx. Just let me know that you are coming from MLPForums and I won't get confused. :D

I'll be using this character:

img-2708005-1-Mario-Kart-8.jpg

Touchin' a man's waifu, dangerous business. I'd see to it that you don't be usin' her all that of'en. Seriously though she's my favorite racer and I absolutely love her design.

• Brohoof 1

I threw a bomb and won at the last second, hehe.

Touchin' a man's waifu, dangerous business. I'd see to it that you don't be usin' her all that of'en. Seriously though she's my favorite racer and I absolutely love her design.

Using her and dominating as her in Bob-Omb only Battle Mode.

Had a few skillshots in there too. >:D

(edited)

It's not like Rosalina's butt distracts me while I'm racing... baka... 

baka-to-test-shoukanjuu-ni-disaster-to-t

(Seriously I've driven of cliffs because of her. I blame being a man and having grown up as an otaku.)

Edited by Biznis Kitty

Well, I got it late Thursday night (went up midnight EST on the eShop, so 9 PM for me) and I've been playing it like crazy.  I unlocked just about everything, then the Wii U System Update came and suddenly I had to reformat my USB drive which mean deleting Mario Kart 8 and my save data.  I've just now caught up with where I was before.

As for the game itself, loving it.  Slightly disappointed that it's 720p upscaled, but that's a minor gripe.

Incidentally, @Henny Penny Benny, coins actually increase your top speed ever so slightly and you get a very tiny boost each time you get one, so they do serve a functional purpose.

(edited)

I got two killshots with the Bob-Omb in Battle Mode on Donut Plains 3.

With Rosalina. On a bike. I KO'd Baby Peach and one other character. I think it was a Koopaling.

Edited by AppleDerpy20

Well, I got it late Thursday night (went up midnight EST on the eShop, so 9 PM for me) and I've been playing it like crazy.  I unlocked just about everything, then the Wii U System Update came and suddenly I had to reformat my USB drive which mean deleting Mario Kart 8 and my save data.  I've just now caught up with where I was before.

As for the game itself, loving it.  Slightly disappointed that it's 720p upscaled, but that's a minor gripe.

Incidentally, @Henny Penny Benny, coins actually increase your top speed ever so slightly and you get a very tiny boost each time you get one, so they do serve a functional purpose.

Mario Kart 8 is 1280x720p native with a framerate of 59.

Isn't that the same as what I said?  Or am I misusing the term 'upscaled'?  Still, what I'm getting at, is it's not 1080p and I'm among the people who find that noticeable (especially with 3D graphics).

(edited)

@@ErBoi

Hey, you should totally put your Nintendo ID up. :D We could race sometime. If that's okay with you.

Edited by FeIix

I

Isn't that the same as what I said?  Or am I misusing the term 'upscaled'?  Still, what I'm getting at, is it's not 1080p and I'm among the people who find that noticeable (especially with 3D graphics).

I thought you said it was what they call sub hd upscaled to 720p, like Halo 3 was. But either way, the game looks nice at 720p.

(edited)

-cough- imma just slip this in here.

ID: Yosukex3

I'm really loving the game, i just lack people to play with :P

Edited by Mixbeat

(edited)

Ah yes, I should post my ID as well: ErikB314

EDIT: There, added everyone in the first post, and Mixbeat.and RockinRarity.

There, pretty sure I have everyone's ID that's posted in this thread now.

Edited by ErBoi

(edited)

How's everypony doing in Mario Kart 8? Hope you all had some intense racing. You know, I might do some Mario Kart 8 races with you all if I can.

The character I choose for racing is Koopa Troopa because he's definitely one of my favourites.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1