Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Mario Kart 8

Envy

That moment when you get disconnected from a match, decide to join the tournament where all the people would be, and the tournament is closed for half an hour. >_>

Actually, you can still play when it's closed! It just doesn't count the score... But it's still fun! :)

Actually, you can still play when it's closed! It just doesn't count the score... But it's still fun! :)

Oh I know. ^_^ But I like to join tournaments when they're officially active. Because then it counts! ;)

Whelp, just finished beating every cup on every CC (mirror included) getting 3 stars on each, and got the golden standard cart.

It wasn't easy, my luck decided to kick in for the last couple cups. :wacko:

Thats enough Mario kart for this morning. :yay:

I still haven't gotten 3 stars on all the 100cc cups and I probly won't ..... I must suck at this game :( if I can't even do that

I don't either, but I'm not worried about it. I think it's much more a matter of luck than it is skill in this game. In the past there was a criteria which judged you more by skill (avoiding running off the road, for example) but in this game it's just "Get in first place". Making it into first place in this game isn't necessarily always a matter of skill. There's not much you can do when the AI is always on your tail no matter how well you drive, and lightning or blue/red shells strike you over a pit on the last lap right in front of the finish line.

That happened to me one too many times, I stopped worrying about it, and then went online and had fun.

• Brohoof 1

I still haven't gotten 3 stars on all the 100cc cups and I probly won't ..... I must suck at this game :( if I can't even do that

Don't be too hard on yourself... It's a really difficult game. In Mario Kart Wii, I could stay ahead of the pack all the time. xD In Mario Kart 8, however, I have a lot more trouble beating the CPUs. It's nice to have that bigger challenge, though. At least in my opinion. :)

Don't be too hard on yourself... It's a really difficult game. In Mario Kart Wii, I could stay ahead of the pack all the time. xD In Mario Kart 8, however, I have a lot more trouble beating the CPUs. It's nice to have that bigger challenge, though. At least in my opinion. :)

mario kart wii was easyer ..... maybe I should use the wii wheel then the game might get easyer ..... no wait thats just silly

anyway I think mario kart wii was a little too easy I was able to even beat the mirror tracks in that one on the hardest level

only thing I couldn't do was unlock every racer 

Gah... This game is brutal when you make a mistake, or get stuck back in the fray.

I hate when Rainbow Road gets picked online. It is the worst track to get behind on! I just now realized that. I was in second or third place and then I somehow got caught in the between the two paths that choose to launch onto (as if that's even possible! >.>). When I got back all I could get was Gold Mushrooms (which are no help on Rainbow Road) and every single time (no exaggeration) I got launched into the air over a pit after that, I got struck by lightning and fell...

I ended up in 11th place... T_T

• Brohoof 1

Gah... This game is brutal when you make a mistake, or get stuck back in the fray.

I hate when Rainbow Road gets picked online. It is the worst track to get behind on! I just now realized that. I was in second or third place and then I somehow got caught in the between the two paths that choose to launch onto (as if that's even possible! >.>). When I got back all I could get was Gold Mushrooms (which are no help on Rainbow Road) and every single time (no exaggeration) I got launched into the air over a pit after that, I got struck by lightning and fell...

I ended up in 11th place... T_T

oh :c I was about to say how much i loved Rainbow road, the music is just so nice for me to hate it.

Aside from that drifting is my best friend on that map, i didnt have the ability to drift, theres no way i would be winning that map. :blush:

oh :c I was about to say how much i loved Rainbow road, the music is just so nice for me to hate it.

Aside from that drifting is my best friend on that map, i didnt have the ability to drift, theres no way i would be winning that map. :blush:

I can drift just fine. It's just that when luck doesn't favor me, or I do something ridiculous like above, it's impossible to catch back up. Gold Mushrooms don't help because you have to be drifting carefully on that track and drifting is a completely different game while boosting. =/ And mushrooms are the only object the game could give me!

I just killed my own team-mate on Toad Harbor. I lobbed a Bob-Omb halfway across the map by boosting and doing a trick then tossing it and it landed near them and exploded.

GG.

photo.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I finally got three stars in all the Grands Prix! And I got all the character stamps.

Just need to get the time trial stamps for each of the tracks. But so far, that ain't even been hard. I've gotten twelve of them so far, all with Iggy on Mr. Scooty with the Rollers.

I love Mr. Scooty. He's my best friend.

Please do me a huge favor and put me on this freaking list!
Tag: Geek0zoid

MK8 is probably the best Mario Kart game Nintendo has ever put out. If you haven't played it yet, do it. It's a great game.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Urrrggghhh.  For some reason I can't get my WiFi extender to work now and, without it, the internet connection in my room is abysmal.  So until I can sort that out, I won't be online.

EDIT:  Scratch that.  I just looked over to notice my extender is working again!  Huzzah!

On Mario Kart Wii, I pretty much only ever played as the Mii because, hey, who could possibly be a cooler character than myself?  But now in 8 I'm really warming up to, and pretty much always playing as, Daisy.  Plus my Mii's voice in 8 isn't as enjoyable as it was in Wii.

My favourite vehicle combination is the Comet, with Cyber Slick wheels and the two cloud glider.  I was disappointed to discover that the Shooting Star from Wii isn't in this one since it was my favourite, but this combination handles really similarly and can make really sharp and accurate turns.

Edited by ErBoi

(edited)

I got all the stamps! WOOOOOO! Now I have a gold kart with gold wheels. I still have one parachute left to unlock, though, and if it's not made of solid gold, I'm'a throw a fit.

But seriously, the gold kart + gold wheels combo is terrible. It's about the fastest and heaviest combo possible (especially as a heavy character), but the acceleration is horrendous. Still, I'm probably always gonna use it, just for the sake of being like, "Hey, my kart is made of solid gold. What you got?"

Just looked online and found that it is in fact a gold glider, but it unlocks at 10,000 coins. Yeah, it may be a while.

Edited by Henny Penny Benny

Hey people I'm contemplating giving my free game code thing away. I already own 2 of the 4 and the other 2 I don't want. So once I figure out how this junk works I'll give it away to somebody.

• Brohoof 2

Hey people I'm contemplating giving my free game code thing away. I already own 2 of the 4 and the other 2 I don't want. So once I figure out how this junk works I'll give it away to somebody.

calling dibs lol jk

if youre giving it away make some sort of contest or guessing game

calling dibs lol jk

if youre giving it away make some sort of contest or guessing game

I don't know... How about a tournament in Mario Kart 8? I could make a tournament and then the winner gets it... probably would be on Friday. I'm busy the entire week and weekend.

May I have one? If that's ok with you... owo

I don't know... How about a tournament in Mario Kart 8? I could make a tournament and then the winner gets it... probably would be on Friday. I'm busy the entire week and weekend.

that sounds cool. we just need a date and time, and a judge/refferee