Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Get Depressed/Angry When Your Waifu Is Officially Taken In The Show?

GXPBlast

If I can imagine myself in a relationship with a pony I can also imagine two characters in the show later breaking-up / getting divorced lol.  Or the stallion half of the pairing getting some horrible disease that causes his snout and front legs to fall off.  Or my murdering said stallion.  *Why no evil plotting smiley??*  I don't WANT any canon romantic pairing with my ponywoman of choice, and I don't really think it'd make sense for her / the show anyhow.  Not that it makes sense for ME to be paired with her either. xD  But I'm just fantasizing; I've no real affect on canon.

I think it is deliciously delightful that people's waifu hopes are deliberately and thoroughly smashed.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. The time before the crash are the moments of bliss where it gracefully flies through the air, before meeting the unavoidable iron wall of their lack of actualization in the fantasy.

The show's got to end at some point lol.  Though a canon pairing would definitely rub me the wrong way, I can imagine just about anything (see my previous post) happening post-show.  And it'd be kinda awkward if a ponywoman got a canon pairing when she might already be pregnant...

All I can say is PREPARE YOUR JIMMIES!!!, FOR THEY'll BE RUSTLED MIGHTY GOOD :angry:

:wacko:

I have a really strong feeling that in upcoming seasons bronies who consider twilight as their waifu will have her stolen from them by the flashster.

Heh, I would never let a love for any fictional character that I may have(ie, Rarity) go as far as being emotionally hurt if the character actually had a relationship go on canonically. That's just not great mental health man, imo anyway. :comeatus:

138504730531.png

Heh, I would never let a love for any fictional character that I may have(ie, Rarity) go as far as being emotionally hurt if the character actually had a relationship go on canonically. That's just not great mental health man, imo anyway.

Exactly, but some people are very attached to their waifu especially it they are that lonely/shy type that rarely or never been on a date with the opposite sex. MLP not only provides an escape for many people but those who have been lonely their whole life and are romantically attracted to one of the characters, it can be really stressful for some to lose their waifu even if its fictional.

(edited)

Depends. If I approve of who she's with, then no.

Seeing people getting butthurt about their waifus being taken is amusing though.

Edited by LatinoChurro

(edited)

Depends. If I approve of who she's with, then no.

Seeing people getting butthurt about their waifus being taken is amusing though.

Nobody can be approved as their your waifu all yours lol. Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I dont really like/ am not into the whole waifu thing i dont have anything against it but to me it seems like the ultimate form of forever alone

In some cases this is true with not only bronies but anyone attached to a character from a tv show.

Edited by GXPBlast

Yeahh, perhaps. I didn't like Trenderhoof, but that was more or less a celebrity crush for Rarity, and he treated her like absolute dirt, so that really just makes me hate him instead of getting a bit miffed with him and moving on with my life with a waifu :D

I mean, what's it matter, anyway? You should really be in a fandom because you enjoy yourself, and expressing enjoyment in a character in any way you feel like is something that no one should be afraid to do - so if I see someone else claiming Rarity as their waifu, it's easy to let it roll off my shoulders to the point where I'm glad to see the support for Rarity :D Just don't expect me to give her up any time soon :P

So, canon, that depends, but in the fandom, no problem :D

*cough* *cough* what a surprise that your here *cough*

(edited)

Kinda-sorta. It really depends on how developed the character who's "taking" her is. I can fully understand why Twi's many huzbandos raged at Brad, since he turned out to be as blank a slate as a character can get. And not in the self-insertable way, either.

It's for this reason that I'm not at all a fan of SoarinDash (not that it's a confirmed canon pairing as of yet, but I'm speaking purely hypothetically based on how many people want SoarinDash to be a thing). Someone will fight me on this, I'm sure, but the sumbitch has next to zero personality, at least as portrayed in the show. He likes pie? Amazing character trait. He's the weakest flier among Spitfire and Fleetfoot? Um...woohoo? He barely gets any lines...yeah, I'm sorry, but what do so many people see in this pleb? The only way I could see people supporting this pairing is if the fans gave him oodles of personality in fics and comics and the whatnot.

Bottom line, if Dashie were taken by somepony with a little more (canon) personality, I'd be fine with her officially being "off the market", as it were. That said, SoarinDash gets all my nope. Make him a compelling character in-show, then we'll talk. Till then...no.

Edited by Applethrash
  • Brohoof 4

fandom shipping is one thing, but for the mane 6 to be officially paired up in the show? I'm not a big fan of the idea, cause the dating and romance drama in the show would just take away from the rest of the show, and plus, it goes against what Lauren Faust envisioned when she created the show in the first place. i just don't think it would work in the show.

the occasional one sided crush, with or without jealousy is ok, maybe even an episode or two with a looney stalker cause that is hillarious, you know, small things that don't interrupt the flow of the show too much (and again, it has to be funny).

now, i may not be a big fan of shipping, especially not in canon (except for shining/cadence, and the other minor ones already established), but i do like well written romance/ship fics. one of my favorite fics actually contains a lot of shipping and even some clop, but its very well written, and the ships do kinda make sense logically. and yes, twilight and her relationships are the main focus of the story.

They're is no point really. There are millions of other men, that are claiming the same character.

What I am saying if she is taken in the show by a character and not by the many bronies that claim she theirs.

Nobody will take Pinkie,you will need to pry her from my cold,dead,lifeless brain-matter and then my soul.

You might succeed at the first step,but you will never have the pleasure of succeeding in the second one.

post-27460-0-11813800-1404244329.jpg

Uhh, no because I know I'll never get with them. The guy who "married" Twilight would, though.