Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Get Depressed/Angry When Your Waifu Is Officially Taken In The Show?

GXPBlast

(edited)

I wouldn't call any waifu's officially taken, because that's just not how it works in my opinion. Plus there have been plenty of people who kind of get to be known as taking one pony as their own on here, but eventually it kind of fades out.

Plus, I don't personally consider any of the ponies my waifu, it's just not something I really take seriously myself. I don't feel I have much reason too. But even my favorite pony being called "waifu" by someone else doesn't bother me, no. I honestly kind of think of it as a joke usually, either an inside joke, or just for fun, if that makes sense.

That's just my opinion though.

The key here is being taken in the show. Many people claim a pony to be theirs but because its not official as in taken by another character in the show itself technically keeps the ponies single for many people to claim them as their waifu.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

The key here is being taken in the show. Many people claim a pony to be theirs but because its not official as in taken by another character in the show itself technically keeps the ponies single for many people to claim them as their waifu.

Oh, I wasn't sure what you meant exactly by officially taken, I apologize.

Although, I don't know of really any officially taken characters in MLP. There's like Cadence and Shinning Armor, that's all I can think of ;p.

As far as other stuff? I don't watch a bunch of other things really, so I wouldn't know much ;p.

I don't exactly waifu but my favorite pony (Fluttershy) is a lot of what i think i would like in a mate/life partner. I have also had a few other anime / videogame characters i have felt like this towards.

It never bothers me when they get paired though i do get envious of the romantic experiences they may have after being shipped.

But that's simple loneliness talking and the daydreaming of better days.

Not at all, even though I absolutely love Dash and for that matter all of the mane 6 I still realize that whatever happens on the show is still just fiction/fantasy, and if my Dash gets officially taken in the show then I should be happy for her, seeing my Dash happy is all that matters IMO.

(edited)

If Dashie were taken in the show I'd be surprised.

But I'd also get pretty angry at the writers and other people.

Totally understandable.

Edited by GXPBlast

(edited)

Not really. If say, Pinkie were to be officially taken, I would say, "Hey, as long as he makes my waifu happy."

She would no longer be your waifu. She would belong to the pony she is paired with.

Edited by GXPBlast

(edited)

There's a point there. I would just be glad she's happy and not wish death upon the character.

No worries about death, never gonna happen in a kids show at least the way we would expect it to be like in other shows. But I am sure bronies who would get upset by this will create fanfictions or artwork of that pony who takes their waifu being killed in the most horrible way possible in venting their anger or depression.

Edited by GXPBlast

No worries about death, never gonna happen in a kids show at least the way we would expect it to be like in other shows. But I am sure bronies who were upset by this will create fanfictions or artwork of that pony who takes their waifu being killed in the most horrible way possible in venting their anger or depression.

Makes since, don't even get me started on the fandom explosion Flash Sentry alone caused.

(edited)

Makes since, don't even get me started on the fandom explosion Flash Sentry alone caused.

There have been some really crazy fanfictions and some artwork of flash being offed. The Anger can really be by the brony who wrote and drew them.

The thing is that Twilight is still single and has not been taken yet. But just having a small romantic interest in Equestria Girls has really set the stage for a possible pairing in which many bronies will rage. Hopefully Hasbro does not pair them and keep Twilight and other ponies single to keep the peace to prevent angering a very large fanbase and profit for them.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

Guys... I guarantee you... As into her as you may be...

She has never heard of you. Nor is it cosmically possible for her to ever hear of you at any point in the future. You may very well have that special somebody just waiting for you somewhere in the globe, but it's a pretty safe bet that that "somebody" isn't a cartoon horse whose very existence is only even feasible in the broadest and most liberal interpretations of multiverse theory.

Just sayin'. She probably deserves someone closer to her own universe. Long distance relationships and crap like that.

• Brohoof 5

First of all I don't get the appeal of a "waifu". Why would you subject yourself to a relationship with a non sentient figment of someone's imagination. It's not a relationship if one half doesn't consent. 

But despite that, recognizing there are people that still feel they have a claim to a cartoon pony, I don't see why people would get depressed. The entire story of MLP is fiction. It's all written word and anyone can easily manipulate that written word to reflect their own reality. If someone's "waifu" was married off on the show they can acknowledge that in the show the pony is no longer single but in their life the pony belongs to them. 

Lets not forget that these colored horsies are not real :D Yeah we love them,i love RD, but you cant get angry when you see some other brony loving Dash,or thinking hes the #1 fan and such shit.Were millions the ponies are way less.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Lets not forget that these colored horsies are not real :D Yeah we love them,i love RD, but you cant get angry when you see some other brony loving Dash,or thinking hes the #1 fan and such shit.Were millions the ponies are way less.

Thats not the problem. I am sure many bronies know their waifu is claimed by tons of other bronies but technically she is still single. Its when they are taken in the show which can cause much rage.

Edited by GXPBlast

I already have a plan

Step 1 = Become autor for 2 episodes :blush:

Step 2 = Make on episode, where my OC appears ^_^

Step 3 = Make another episode, where he and Dashie fall in love :wub:

Step 4 = Rising x Rainbow is canon B)

And them, I'm kind of together with her :yay:

I don't have a "waifu"... Whatever in the world that is. I'm afraid I'm not attracted multi-colored cartoon horses. Even if I was, I would never refer to them as a 'waifu'. That seems derogatory. The characters were never made to be anybody's 'waifu'.

(edited)

Looks like Hasbro is setting up Twilight to be stolen from bronies that claim her as her as their waifu.This video is just upping that possibility. I hope many bronies are prepared to come to accept the fact that their fan fictions of themselves (or OCs) and artwork involving romantic relationships between Twilight and themselves will become irrelevant and void is Hasbro makes the relationship official because I dont see Twilight abandoning her partner/husband flash for them just as Cadance wont from Shining armor.

Personally, for many bronies sake I hope Hasbro does not ship any characters to keep many of those bronies happy while keeping the rest of the princesses, mane 6 or any other mare single in the show.

We shall see when the movie comes out. Lets hope for the best and Twilight remains single.

But with this video, it is not looking promising.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/08/third-rainbow-rocks-clip-released.html#idc-cover

Edited by GXPBlast

I think its kinda funny that quite a few who said they would enjoy seeing others fantasies broken and their jimmies russeled, are strongly opposed to trolling and shit posting in general. Like common man, either you like seeing the rustleing or you don't.

And as for me, I have the whole "waifu" thing as a form of satire, as I was intentionally over doing it in an attempt at humor so I would not be particularly phased if she was "taken"on the show, as your mother is still coming over at 9. And it is just a form of romantic escapism, but in the current meat market were lawsuits abound and divorce rates are sky high I can't really blame a bloke for not wanting to shill out $ every time he wants a girl friend.

Guys... I guarantee you... As into her as you may be...

She has never heard of you. Nor is it cosmically possible for her to ever hear of you at any point in the future. You may very well have that special somebody just waiting for you somewhere in the globe, but it's a pretty safe bet that that "somebody" isn't a cartoon horse whose very existence is only even feasible in the broadest and most liberal interpretations of multiverse theory.

Just sayin'. She probably deserves someone closer to her own universe. Long distance relationships and crap like that.

However, about 40 to 50 percent of married couples in the United States divorce. The divorce rate for subsequent marriages is even higher.

http://www.apa.org/topics/divorce/

I dunno mayn, that fake idealistic pony sure as shit don't take the kids and half my stuff when she leaves. In today's modern era, it would be cheaper just to devote yourself to something that can never exist, and just spend money you'd pay in alimony and child support on plushies and body pillows.

Not that I am directly endorsing the act of "wafui'ing", but if one wants to make the choice to fill their "romantic gap" with a fictional character, as long as it does not physically harm others I don't see issue with it.

• Brohoof 1