Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the mane six will all turn into alicorns?

Artist-Sky

I wouldn't expect it to happen. I mean even if it was attempted it would kinda seem like retreading similar ground, and would problem become a bit too predictable.

I really hope that the mane 6 won't become alicorns, no offense to Princess Twilight, but she's the only one deserving of that title since that is her destiny. I really could only see them becoming alicorns as temporary. 

No. Besides, it's been confirmed that Twilight won't outlive her friends. The writers would never allow Hasbro to turn the characters into alicorns just for their toy line. i'm sure the writers love the ponies too much for that and would rather kill the show than let that happen.

If anything, my theory is that at the series finale, Twilight will give up her wings in order to save Equestria/her friends or something like that.

From all the media we have gotten, I think its pretty safe to say that the chance of the girls becoming alicorns unless it’s a last season finale is pretty slim. The writers and Hasbro know that alicorns are a touché thing in our fandom and the target demographic did not seem overly bold over from it, thus turning all the girls into alicorns serves little purpose.

However, I do think the girls transformation have not ended with Rainbow Power. I think a happy medium can come about with the girls having body molds of them growing and becoming the ultimate versions of their race. This would make a lot of sense since all of them becoming imbued with the powers that make their race special would work rather easily since all of their personalities fit:  

Earth Pony Domain:

AJ: Strength
PP: Constitution

Pegasus Pony Domain:

RD: Dexterity
FL: Wisdom
Unicorn Pony Domain:

TS: Intelligent
R: Charisma

As for body types, a good example would be what happened to Rarity in the comics with her Nightmaraity form. Simply that being white would be perfect ultimate form for her and something along the lined for the girls, only AJ and PP being built a bit more muscular and RD and FL having unique wing designs. Going with this idea would allow the girls bodies that are different enough from other ponies thus making them special, but allowing them to keep their original race, thus keeping what made them special originally intact and not having to deal with more alicorn hijinks.

Plot twist: They actually turn Twilight into an Earth pony in Season 5 Onwards. :catface:

:o Turning her back to a unicorn would be enough.
  • Brohoof 1

I hope both the writers and Hasbro realize what a storm turning Twilight into an alicorn caused among the fans and work to reduce that possibility in the future. I know Hasbro's out to sell toys, but the success of the show has to do with the how the show was, not how much they can mix things up.

I'll give the writers top credit for both how they handled the aftermath of Twilight becoming a Princess and some incredible episodes leading up to the inevitable rainbow powering in the finale.

Well, Equestria Girls made a huge freak-out too and we're on our way to the second movie, and a spinoff series has been announced, so I wouldn't rule out the rest of the mane6 alicornication if I were you  :P

Not really it would be bad writing and they should well know it will put many off but at anytime if they did at least the last episode would be best but yes I like them the way they are :3

Well, Equestria Girls made a huge freak-out too and we're on our way to the second movie, and a spinoff series has been announced, so I wouldn't rule out the rest of the mane6 alicornication if I were you  :P

Thankfully they made it so you could pretty much ignore Equestria Girls if you chose to, (Flash Sentry the background pony notwithstanding), but anything they do in the main show will definitely have fan reactions.

(edited)

I believe that it would be a wrong decision to make such a huge blow to the individual personalities of Twilight's friends. Might as well call it MLP: Alicorns are Magic. It's not what the show needs in my opinion and I am hopeful that it will not occur in the future as it can be advanced in other ways such as giving the CMC more ground to cover. What would they even be the princesses of? It would be the same as Twilight's frustration times five. Does Equestria need a princess of parties or a princess of dresses? Certainly no princess of farming.

Edited by Silver Letter

As many of us would hate the cliche of all of them being turned into alicorn's, I believe there will be a 50% chance hasbro will do that since they have already done unnecessary pony changes and have done pony dolls that aren't even on the show just for the money.

If they were to make pinkie an alicorn, then equestria is doomed. Shed probably just turn every day into a party. Wait, i like that! Excluding pinkie thwy are fine just the way they are. The cutie marks tell it all dont they.? Alicon= u like magic

• 2 weeks later...

Dear god, I really hope not. That would ruin the show for me. 

It all comes down to what Hasbro wants to do - I'm pretty sure that's something the writers want to avoid because it'd affect quality and be lazy, and the writing staff seems to put forth a lot of effort to maintain a high quality show :D

Well, Corey Powell doesn't. The rest do, though :D

Of course, that doesn't matter. It seems like Hasbro makes the final judgement, and if they want to, it is what it is.

You really hate Corey Powell with a burning passion, don't you? She's not a terrible writer. I mean look at Dave Polsky. In season 1, a lot of people didn't like the 2 episodes he made, season 3 he made one great episode, and one meh episode. And then this season, save for Daring Don't, (which I think people over exaggerate on) he was one of the best. The MysteriousMrEnter made a good point that she doesn't have a set writing style, as her episodes all felt different. From a writing point of view, not a subjective one. Give her time, and I'm sure she'll crank out some great ones that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

I was thinking about this topic awhile back, and I was thinking that they will, mostly because I think the other five would adapt with Twilight and once they're all alicorns...Also, they will be able to continue the Elements since they're probably all immortal since alicorns are supposed to be immortal.. But then again, Twilight is the only pony of the Mane 6 to be "worthy" of being an alicorn, since she was the one who was studying the magic of friendship all along. But then there would be too MANY alicorns....9 in total...That's a little bit too much...Princesses are special to Equestria, and if NINE are, it's a bit overkill... So, as cool as it sounds, I highly doubt it would be happening anytime soon.

Then again, Hasbro tends to do things we don't expect...Such as the debate over Princess Twilight XD

I mean........... if it happens, I trust the writers to pull it off. They've pulled everything else off well so far.

But really, I just don't see it happening. It doesn't really seem to fit with Equestrian culture. At this point, we know of two ponies who became alicorns—Cadence and Twilight—so it seems a bit of a stretch to think that it would happen with five more, even if it is many years down the road. And I just don't think that'd fit with the others' personalities and lives. While it wasn't always so obvious, being a princess was Twilight's destiny. That's what her magic was always for. But Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack all have their own paths to walk, and although those paths are connected to Twilight's, they're still separate and unique.

I highly doubt it. Changing all 6 of them into alicorns would look ridiculous, it'd take lots of effort to find proper explanation of this happening and on top of all alicorns would not be that special anymore if it was so easy to turn into one. Twilight's change had a point and Hasbro used that concept in pretty awesome way, but 6 alicorns as main characters? That would be weird and making a story that is not overly cheesy and boring would be barely possible.

And how would it look like in Pinkie Pie's and Applejack's case? They are earth ponies and would have to get both wings and horn out of nowhere. I seriously fail to see a way to change them like that.

Also one other thing - everyone knows that fandom will go raging hard if it happens. Much harder than in case of alicorn Twilight. Nobody would want this, especially not Hasbro as it might cut their sales. 

(edited)

But then there would be too MANY alicorns....9 in total...That's a little bit too much...Princesses are special to Equestria, and if NINE are, it's a bit overkill...

I totally agree with that, I even think 4 is maybe too much. I prefered when they were only 3 (Luna, Celestia and Cadance...)

Anyway, 4 is a maximum.

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

I have a sneaky feeling this may be a possibility.  :huh:

Honestly i don't care either way,but i don't see whats so wrong about a alicorn mane 6 other than 'oh no,too many alicornz'..who cares(no offense),alicorns being special went out the window when Cadence came onto the seen as i believe Faust was originally only going to have Celestia and Luna as alicorns.

As long as they don't change their body types and they stay relatively the same,id say "cool beans".

Also as far as this 'alicorns can only be royalty' thing,despite how silly that thought is to me,they are already 'royalty' as far as im concerned,considering they've saved equestria more times than once making them champions and now they each have a crystal throne dedicated to them in a giant freaking crystal tree house castle. If that's not royalty,idk what is. :fiery:  

If Twilight can be 'alicorned' then i don't see why the rest of her friends,who are honestly just as important,can't be alicorns either possibly.

Again,i could care less either way,but if this happens as a "The End" scenario to the mane 6's story,i wouldn't be against it.

And a alicorn Pinkie Pie? Lol how could i resist?

img-2775735-1-pinkie_pie_as_alicorn_by_g

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

No, I don't want them to be.

My theory is that the magic of friendship is stronger than alicorn magic, therefore overriding Twilight's immortality. This was proven in the finale. I'm pretty sure someone from the show mentioned Twilight wouldn't outlive her friends either way.

I hope not. I can do with the fact that Twilight became an alicorn, I saw that coming a mile away. Making the rest of the Mane 6 alicorns would just mean that there are no more good ideas. in other words, MLP self-destruct sequence activated.