Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the mane six will all turn into alicorns?

Artist-Sky

@@UnshapenConch51, I have merged your thread with a pre-existing thread regarding the Mane 6 as alicorns. Please use the search function to check if a thread on your desired topic of discussion has already been posted. :)

With regards to the topic, I personally think Twilight should remain the only Mane 6 alicorn. I fear it would become a novelty and undermine the rarity of alicorn ascension. 

Why does so many people think Twilight is immortal? Nothing and nobody said she was immortal. Heck, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by the writers the she isn't immortal. There's no proof that Celestia and Luna are immortal. And no one seemed to mind when Shining Armor married an Alicorn.

On topic, I hope they won't turn into Alicorns. Twilight's transformation into an Alicorn was such a special event. So why ruin it by turning the others into Alicorns? Besides, there's no point in turning them into Alicorns.

We have enough Alicorns as it is. Let's not ruin their special-ness by adding more upon more.

• Brohoof 1

I really hope not.

There were originally only supposed to be two Alicorns in a of Equestria--but since they're basically selling out ...I don't know what to expect. I liked it better when Alicorns were like deities, and if they become common (or if everyone becomes a princess, which, considering what a princess is, would fail horribly) they'll lose all their worth.

I was upset enough when they make TS an Alicorn... But she was always destined to be heir at least. I can't imagine Alicorn Fluttershy, Rainbow dash, AppleJack... Any of them, really. It just seems so stupid to me...

Anyways, I sincerely hope they don't sell their show's authenticity for the sake of a new toy line... We already have Equestria Girls--isn't that far enough?

I doubt it, except maybe in a funny dream sequence.

Word is from the team that she will not outlive her friends. I think she and Cadence are on a lower tier of princess than the sisters. Powerful and maybe some increased longevity, but not immortal.

• Brohoof 2

as much as Rarity might like to have wings and be a princess, I don't want her to be.

unlike a lot of bronies, I got into the show after the whole Twilight's a princess mess.

and there was so much fan art that I had pretty much already accepted it by the time it appeared in the eps I was on.

that being said, no, I don't want them to change into Alicorns, they wouldn't be Diverse any more! 

that is what's so special about about ponyville! 

ponies of a races living side by side! 

the CMC have brought this up a lot! 

I like the main six to be diverse.

we have an alicorn

a unicorn

two Pegasus

and two earth pony 

it needs to stay that way, for the fandom and for my sanity.

now excuse me while I post a gif of Rarity eating a taco

TlXbb9e.gif

Edited by Lucky Star

• 1 month later...

I doubt it, except maybe in a funny dream sequence

If they did this on the show I would die of a fangirl attack. I do not want to see all of the Mane 6 become alicorns for real, but I would like to see alicorn versions of them done by our beloved MLP writers and animators. A dream sequence is the perfect vehicle for this.

Edited by Princess Lona

I doubt it. Or at least, I hope not. I can understand Twilight becoming an alicorn, considering she is somewhat the leader of her group as well as Celestia's most faithful student, but all six of them? Sounds too much like a fairytale ending ('and then everyone was a princess. THE END.'), and I can't help but feel that, if this happened, the aspects and personalities of each of the Mane 6 would just begin to merge and the differences in them that we appreciate would start to become less prominent. I much prefer them having something that makes them unique, not just in what type of pony they are, but also how they use their abilities (like how Rainbow Dash uses her wings more commonly than Fluttershy, and Twilight's magical powers are more pronounced than Rarity's).

Eventually I think so. It will reach the point were either they make them alicorns in order to keep with the mane 6 (as they would have exhausted all other kids show options) or they will need a new cast.

And Hasbro doesn't like to make toys of new characters they aren't 98% sure will sell.

In comparison to other gens, they don't like to make new characters at all.

As a fairly strong anti-alicorn brony, I hope they do not become alicorns. 4 alicorns, IMO, is too many. We have Cadence, Twilight, and then 2 "goddesses." It is also implied throughout the show that any one of them are more-or-less omnipotent. Now FOUR of them, well, that's just OP. Making the rest of the mane six alicorns would mean that there are 9 alicorns in Equestria. If 4 is OP, I don't wanna know what 9 is.

No, I don't. For one, it would be completely ridiculous, and two the fandom would lose their minds.

if Celestia had anything to say about it- yes.

Uh, no, that's complete bullshit. She only needed ONE successor/, and I'm pretty sure, no, I KNOW she isn't that desperate. The only reason Twilight ascended was because She saw Twilight had potential, and made Twilight her protege'. Celestia has no real reason too, anyway, despite whatever you might think.