Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Slenderman Stabbing

OG Blaze

(edited)

I recently read an chilling article about a stabbing that went on in Wisconsin about none other than our friendly neighborhood man, Slenderman.

Apparently two girls at the age of 12 are crazily obsessed and or fascinated with Slenderman and decided to take it upon themselves to make an appearance with him. They choose to make an appearance by inviting one of their friend to a sleepover, a girl the same age as the crazies. The girl suspected nothing, but when she was drawn out by her friends in the morning after the sleepover to the middle of the woods she was stabbed multiple times.

The article claims that the crazy girls thought that by attempting to murder their friend, Slenderman would make an appearance to them. The young girl was able to make it out of the forest, cry for help, and is now recuperating in a hospital.

The two crazies were found and now face charges as adults.

What do you think about this? Should the Slenderman urban myth/ video game be to blame for this? Or should the parents or blame go to mental conditions of the girls?

Personally I think the girls are to be blamed for this horrific action, and to no toll should the urban myth of Slenderman be judged for this happening.

Edited by ~TableFlippin_Rex~
  • Brohoof 5

They will blame the conditions, they always bloody do. But personally I think they should be sent for 3 years at least each.

They will blame the conditions, they always bloody do. But personally I think they should be sent for 3 years at least each.

The video game/myth never talked about sacrifices and Slenderman will appear, so I have no Ida where these girls would get that idea. I agree with 3 years though.

• Brohoof 2

The video game/myth never talked about sacrifices and Slenderman will appear, so I have no Ida where these girls would get that idea. I agree with 3 years though.

I agree. But not ina prison. But in a detention center.

They're being tried as adults and could get potentially 65 years. 

I'm not sure how I feel about them spending their entire lives behind bars given that they're... potentially misguided idiots, but still they should be punished - severely. 

Detention centre or the nutty ward. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

this is really stupid. i hate humanity.

so these girls thought by stabbing their friend slendy would appear?

i blame the girls and their parents. but these urban legends do get out of hand. but people shouldnt believe in them and try to summon things like slender at all. however i think these girls deserve whatever they get. whether its jailtime forever, or a permanent stay in a mental hospital.

its only a matter of time before the media gets ahold of this and blames video games

Edited by Steve
  • Brohoof 2

Did these girls happen to live in Innsmouth? (please somepony get the reference)

But they need to be mentally evaluated, and sent to the proper home for those with violently obsessive conditions. But that isn't what will happen, should the media pick this up the slenderman mythos will be blamed, along with the internet, violent video games, and eating non GMO's.

• Brohoof 7

This is why I keep telling people that if you're gonna let your kids use the PC have a parental filter, their own accounts without administrative rights and check what websites they are visiting. The internet is not a place for 12 year olds to wander around.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I heard about this earlier. I never expected something like this to happen here in Wisconsin where I live.

Even though they're children, they should get a severe punishment for doing something so cruel.

Edited by Deadlyblack
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Personally, I am of the firm belief that children are a product of the society that raises them and of the ideas they fill their heads with. If a young, impressionable girl fills her head with Slenderman and other creepypasta and dark things of that nature, and no one steps in to put positive ideas in her head instead, it's hardly a surprise if she goes a bit nutty.

Media impact us. The games we play, the movies and TV shows we watch, the books we read—it all affects the way we think.

Edited by Henny Penny Benny
  • Brohoof 1

We'll never truly know what went on in these girls heads, but I do hope they get some heavy punishment.

I didn't mention it, but the innocent girl believed these crazy girls were here best friends and trusted them very dearly. This is what really hurt me. It doesn't help when I'm watching the news hearing about a man killing his wife and mother in law and then another killing.

What is wrong with humanity?

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I had no idea Slenderman stabbed people!

But really...  That's ridiculous and saddening that a 12 year old girl (or two, whatever the case) would do something so horrible.  Good to hear the other girl is recovering in the hospital.

• Brohoof 1

Something should be done to the parents as well, possibly neglect charges? How did these girls carry this whole thing out without an adult noticing at any point?

I don't know how I feel about 65 years, but time in an institution while frequent evaluations at least.

You know what's even sadder? This will happen again. Once one person kills in service of this myth there will be some unstable individual who will see these kids as symbols. There's fan pages I'm sure. Starts of as a legend, then starts to become a cult. Most people have common sense but there will be people inspired by this event. Mark my words. There will be more slender fanatics killing people. I don't want it to happen but there's sick people who take this shit too seriously.

And now the media is gonna blame everything, including Obama, the devil, and parents instead of the actual kids who clearly can't draw the line between real and fiction apart who actually committed the murder.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

My mom just told me about this, and I was struck. I literally started ranting. I like playing Slender, but seriously? Some people take it way too far.

AND WHY THE HECK WOULD PARENTS ALLOW THEIR 12 YEAR OLDS ACCESS TO FREAKING KNIVES?!?!

Edited by Anci3ntArtiFact

And now the media is gonna blame everything, including Obama, the devil, and parents instead of the actual kids who clearly can't draw the line between real and fiction apart who actually committed the murder.

To be fair these kids were are acting like stereotypical death cultists, what with the sacrificing kids in a ritual. I can see why people would make the "Devil" connection. The Devil's a vague concept for a lot of people. I don't believe it's as simple as a boogeyman making someone kill someone, but the connection is apparent. These were clearly warped children absorbed into a sick fantasy world.

• Brohoof 1

I read about this. It's pretty disturbing. I'm glad the victim is in "stable condition".

I won't go into any "what has become of society" speeches, so.

Weird thing is, Slenderman is not someone you "make sacrifices" to; he just kills whoever he finds, regardless if they provided him an offering.