Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Slenderman Stabbing

OG Blaze

I could say exactly the same thing about people claiming that the Creepypasta didn't influence them at all. It's more convenient for people to put 100% blame on the girls and assume they're just mentally unstable, than to consider that their instability was brought about in part by the society we've built and the things we've done.

Just to clarify, I'm not letting the girls off the hook for what they did. Obviously the choice they made was theirs alone. But it's irresponsible to ignore the fact that their choice was evidently influenced by Slenderman.

This was ultimately supposed to be taken care of by the parents by teaching them the differences between right and wrong. This is the Internet, anyone can put anything (for the most part) on the Internet. Since then, numerous messed up things, whether class harmless or not, made its way to the Internet.

This was ultimately supposed to be taken care of by the parents by teaching them the differences between right and wrong. This is the Internet, anyone can put anything (for the most part) on the Internet. Since then, numerous messed up things, whether class harmless or not, made its way to the Internet.

True, the parents should have better explained right and wrong to them. But leaving it at that is still blaming and pointing fingers. The fact of the matter is, had Slenderman never been created, never made his way into Internet fame, it's quite possible that this act would never have been committed. Could anyone have reasonably foreseen this particular event taking place as an indirect result of Slenderman? No, not really. But it's not at all difficult to come to the general conclusion that dark things will instill dark thoughts in people's minds, and that those people may choose to do dark things as a result. And considering there's no real good that comes from Creepypasta to counteract the risk for this kind of bad, I say that the culture of dark, disturbing entertainment is, to at least a small extent, responsible for this.

(edited)

It is things like this that make me sad. Now parents all over the world are questioning if it is good for kids to indulge in fantasy. Parents will restrict their childrens creativity because of the actions if two mentaly unhealthy children. There is nothing worng with fantasies, make believe, myths and so on. Haveing a vivide imagination i think is more important than anything. But now because of the actions of crazy, i am sure some parents will try to stifle that in their children. Slenderman is not to blame at all, nor is any otner type of unreal figment of the imagination. Only the deads of crazy people.

It is the same when people say video games make you violent. Studies have actually proven that they help relieve stress and take out anger in a safe way. While i do think that playing video games too much can hurt your imagination. They don't make you a murderer.

Edited by Eldwain
  • Brohoof 1

That's messed up. Personally, I don't think they deserve 65 years, but a definitely more than 10 years.. They planned this for months and messed this girl up bad.

Oh yes speaking of the girl, what ever did happen to her.

She was stabbed in several spots and was stabbed 1 mm from a vital vein. She's in the hospital in near critical condition, I believe.

She was stabbed in several spots and was stabbed 1 mm from a vital vein. She's in the hospital in near critical condition, I believe.

I hope she doesn't end up looking like that guy from the zombie case awhile back. :(

I hope she doesn't end up looking like that guy from the zombie case awhile back. :(

Are you talking about the one where the guy ate another guy and he wasn't even a cannibal?

Yes, Yes I am. Probably one of the worst near murder cases (for the victim) I heard of.

Yeah, that was the most disturbing thing I've ever heard of. I'm sure the girl will recover. It will be a while, but hope for the best. 

Yeah, that was the most disturbing thing I've ever heard of. I'm sure the girl will recover. It will be a while, but hope for the best. 

I cant imagine the mental trauma she must be in now.

• Brohoof 1

It's actually pretty sad for the both for all of them. I'm not sure if I should feel bad or hate the ones that stabbed that girl.

It's said the girl that was stabbed will make a full recovery and the girls who did the stabbing will face trials as adults unless they change the laws in Wisconsin

Heard about this on my local news actually...

Such a shame, delusional children they are if they're stupid enough to stab another girl in hopes that some completely fictional character who has little if at all to do with stabbing will be appeased or some shit... that's just sad. :(

Glad the victim is recooperating at least, thank goodness. :)

yea, the naked guy that was hyped up on "drugs" that jumped the other guy and ate his face off, then the cop shot him twice but it did not do anything so he shot him in the head,

i remember reading another case where these 2 guys are high on drugs in a cabin, one goes beserk and cuts the other guys heart out while he is still alive and cooks it to eat

a lot of all this freaky stuff that happens is all these drug driving people beserk

(edited)

At least drugs weren't involved in this case. 

I hope the victim's recovery is speedy and as painless - physically and mentally - as possible. 

Edited by Powderpuff

There have been a lot of good arguments here, a lot of blame throwing, a lot of things to think about.

But I really think that we have to step back and look at what we glorify today. 

The movies that are the biggest box office hits --- most of them contain violence. 

Video games reward people for killing. 

There are the spooky whatevers like Slenderman that are written for fun probably but they are about death and darkness.

Reality shows promote how cool it is to stab people in the back if it results in your winning.

Bloody gory art is popular to some and is available at the click of a mouse.

This is not just a problem for kids.  This is everyone's problem.  This isn't just the fault of parents.  This is the fault of every human being that supports the negative BS that is offered out there now.  The people who give the movies the high sales, give the reality shows the high ratings, give the myths high reader clicks or whatever it is called these days.  It is OUR fault.  It is YOUR fault. 

The only way we are going to teach values is by having them.  MLP promotes them but it's only one small piece of the pie. WE HAVE TO LIVE WHAT WE PREACH.  We have to lead by example and since we are not even allowed to teach values in school anymore, a stupid story like this or the one where the guy went into the movie theatre and shot everyone- these should not come as a surprise.

We reap what we sow and we are reaping big time.

• Brohoof 2

Apparently someone on reddit said that they knew one of them personally as their Sister's girlfriends niece. And that her father was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. So it may already be confirmed mental illness played a part in this. I am sick of people blaming us fandoms, subcultures and music on everything though. Could they at least shut up?

That's horrible! I think the girls are certainly to blame. I'm not a huge fan of Creepypasta and wish those stories didn't exist either, but it's their own fault.

Being black i have to say this why is it when a white person does something like the shooting in CA or this other whites blame something or some one else but if someone non-white(black most times) does something were just evil or a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer?  It's like white are like kids and non-whites are like demons were we are always at  fault.

I don't know what they should do with them(i think the 2 girls were in love with each other) but we need to blame the people that do things not guns,Creepypasta, not TV , or anything else. It them!!

There have been a lot of good arguments here, a lot of blame throwing, a lot of things to think about.

But I really think that we have to step back and look at what we glorify today. 

The movies that are the biggest box office hits --- most of them contain violence. 

Video games reward people for killing. 

There are the spooky whatevers like Slenderman that are written for fun probably but they are about death and darkness.

Reality shows promote how cool it is to stab people in the back if it results in your winning.

Bloody gory art is popular to some and is available at the click of a mouse.

This is not just a problem for kids.  This is everyone's problem.  This isn't just the fault of parents.  This is the fault of every human being that supports the negative BS that is offered out there now.  The people who give the movies the high sales, give the reality shows the high ratings, give the myths high reader clicks or whatever it is called these days.  It is OUR fault.  It is YOUR fault. 

The only way we are going to teach values is by having them.  MLP promotes them but it's only one small piece of the pie. WE HAVE TO LIVE WHAT WE PREACH.  We have to lead by example and since we are not even allowed to teach values in school anymore, a stupid story like this or the one where the guy went into the movie theatre and shot everyone- these should not come as a surprise.

We reap what we sow and we are reaping big time.

Bravo, sir. Well-said, indeed.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This is to hard of me to answer because it would take to long for me to type it out on here but the one thing I can say is that every year the killers get younger and younger.

Edited by DragonKing235

Now, having given it some more thought, I'd like to attempt to better explain at least what I mean when I say video games cause violence:

Imagine a young boy named Jim. Jim's father died when he was six, and his mother remarried. The stepfather was abusive to Jim and his mother, and his mother began to shut down emotionally, not nurturing or supporting Jim at all. In the process of time, Jim also got really into gaming, and he played as many violent, graphic games as he could find. Lacking motherly love from his mother, he also sought a girlfriend, but he was rejected dozens of times. Finally, when he was sixteen, his mother hanged herself in despair. Jim snapped, found his stepfather's gun, and shot both his stepfather and himself. The end.

Now, Jim was not mentally ill. He had no chemical imbalance. He was not insane. He had merely been put through a horrible set of circumstances that led him to a terrible act. There were a number of factors that each played into this ultimate decision:

1. Father's death
  2. Abusive stepfather
  3. Emotionally dead mother
  4. Rejection from women
  5. Violent video games
  6. Mother's suicide

Take out any one of these factors, and the end result is changed. Let's say his mother didn't shut down emotionally but was a strong support for him. They grew very close, and she helped him be stronger. Everything else was the same, though, and she still hanged herself when he was sixteen. But he was strong enough to overcome his violent desires because his mother had strengthened him. So no killing.

Or let's say he found a girlfriend who really loved and accepted him. Her family practically took him in and showed him the love he didn't find at home. Everything else went the same, but he didn't kill because that factor had been altered.

Let's say his stepfather was a good, loving man. He and Jim built a close father-son relationship, even though his mother still shut down and eventually hanged herself. He was still rejected by women, still played violent games, but didn't kill anyone because that factor had changed.

Lastly, let's say he never played any video games, let alone violent video games, but everything else still went exactly the same, though. Not having been so chronically exposed to violence and death from video games, the thought of killing his stepfather when his mother hanged herself never even crossed his mind. He was crushed, obviously, but the thought never occurred to him to solve the problem by killing anyone.

In this case, video games were one factor among several that ultimately led Jim to murder and suicide. They were not the only factor, but they were still a factor, without which he would not have done what he did. That is how I feel about violent media. While they aren't the sole cause of violent acts, they can be and are a factor in many cases. And without that factor, the result would be different. So while they're not solely responsible, they are nonetheless responsible.

• Brohoof 1

But Slenderman showed up when I did the sacrifice, they obviously done something wrong.

But seriously, people are going to blame video games because of this, it happens often, and also, everyone knows to stay away from Slenderman.

WOW!

I heard about the stabbing from my dad, but I didn't know that the Slenderman influence was there. Those were 12 year olds, so I actually think it's the parents to blame (other than the girls of course) they should have raised their children to understand what is right from wrong and what is real and not real.

Just to add my two cents (while trying not to diminish the severity of this incident — it is truly horrifying, and my heart goes out to the victim and her family):

One reason why the parents didn't know about what these two... let's call them psychos were reading/doing online, is because they were looking it up on school provided iPads (the school said, " Yeah, we're gonna monitor what the students do with them" — they didn't).

I'm not trying to play the blame game here (if anything, hopefully adding perspective to counter the "Well, it's clearly the parents' fault.")

Ultimately, though, I believe the responsibility falls squarely upon said psychos who invited a girl (who thought the two attackers were her "good friends" :( ) to a sleep over...