Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Slenderman Stabbing

OG Blaze

(edited)

It is things like this that make me sad. Now parents all over the world are questioning if it is good for kids to indulge in fantasy. Parents will restrict their childrens creativity because of the actions if two mentaly unhealthy children. There is nothing worng with fantasies, make believe, myths and so on. Haveing a vivide imagination i think is more important than anything. But now because of the actions of crazy, i am sure some parents will try to stifle that in their children. Slenderman is not to blame at all, nor is any otner type of unreal figment of the imagination. Only the deads of crazy people.

It is the same when people say video games make you violent. Studies have actually proven that they help relieve stress and take out anger in a safe way. While i do think that playing video games too much can hurt your imagination. They don't make you a murderer.

EXACTLY! Yet people still try to say that games are a factor, even with solid concrete evidence that proves them wrong. Like the one study by the UK that lasted about 10 or more years. Maybe they're ignorant. Edited by Jamaican Jam
  • Brohoof 1

I know I'm a bit late on this but this was extremely messed up. I was reading one article on it, and I forget where it was, but it was talking about how the girls were just so matter of fact about it. They had admitted that they began planning this way back in February and had stated their original plan was to duct tape her up in her sleep, stab her neck, and drain her in the bathroom for easier clean up...that's not good. The fact that they had that planned out before deciding to just do it in a park shows that they obviously aren't thinking as kids. And honestly, I think that proves that they shouldn't be treated as kids either. The crime combined with their attitudes about it, I feel that they should be put away for a long time because if they think like this now, what are they going to think like in 20 years?

• Brohoof 1

I know I'm a bit late on this but this was extremely messed up. I was reading one article on it, and I forget where it was, but it was talking about how the girls were just so matter of fact about it. They had admitted that they began planning this way back in February and had stated their original plan was to duct tape her up in her sleep, stab her neck, and drain her in the bathroom for easier clean up...that's not good. The fact that they had that planned out before deciding to just do it in a park shows that they obviously aren't thinking as kids. And honestly, I think that proves that they shouldn't be treated as kids either. The crime combined with their attitudes about it, I feel that they should be put away for a long time because if they think like this now, what are they going to think like in 20 years?

I agree. The fact that it was planned out beforehand makes it a lot worse; these girls are extremely dangerous to society and possibly psychopaths too, even though you'd think the chances of two psychopaths of the exact same age meeting and becoming friends would be pretty low, but whatever the case, I think they should be tried as adults and not let out of wherever they get locked up in for a very very long time. Maybe when they're old and senors and have been examined by people who have determined that they're okay to be out, then they can be let out, but otherwise I don't think they should be allowed to be free, since this was done so coldly calculating and un-remorsefully. 

I think it's obvious that the Slenderman myth isn't "to blame" for this, even though it played a part in it. There's millions of people that have heard of Slenderman and who don't act like this. These girls are just crazy and need to be removed from society, that's what I think. 

That's why they're being charged as adults, they are a danger to themselves and everyone around them. This is why they should be put in a jail or a center where they'll get help.

Is Slenderman still a thing?

:huh:

Blaming it on media or anything else is silly.

I would say that the parental upbringing and the lack of watching over the kids might be the ones to blame here.

I mean what noob parents would let the kids go out in the middle of the night?

:comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

This is to hard of me to answer because it would take to long for me to type it out on here but the one thing I can say is that every year the killers get younger and younger.

Hey, that is my old avatar!!!

Does anyone agree with my opinion that news and parents are bigoted and that American children in general are stupid?

(edited)

Is Slenderman still a thing?

:huh:

Blaming it on media or anything else is silly.

I would say that the parental upbringing and the lack of watching over the kids might be the ones to blame here.

I mean what noob parents would let the kids go out in the middle of the night?

:comeatus:

It happened in the morning, not at night. And let's remember they are 12 years old, not small children.

GeneralApplejack, I do disagree with you, but I'm on my phone and can't type up a sufficient response :(

Edited by Powderpuff

It happened in the morning, not at night. And let's remember they are 12 years old, not small children.

Still who lets small kids alone without supervision?

:eww:

Twelve is not small. Twelve is usually an age where it is perfectly fine to be outside, alone with a group.

Well robbers need easy targets too.

Erm. I am still thinking about that Bigoted Children opinion. Can i ask you all something. Do you think American Children and Parents are Bigoted?(Not being offensive of course) And that they all blame the media on it?

The media will exploit this for all it's worth, but I for one think that the girls are to blame for what they did. Someone needs to take control of what kids see and put an end to all of this.

• 2 months later...

This kind of following to a fictional character is horrendous, pretty scary.

These kids needed help.

Also, Slender Man's creator said he was sorry on his DeviantArt.

But he's not the one who should be blamed.

Insanity itself is the killer.

I thinks this sums up my thoughts quite nicely.

"The question of media influence on murder is a very complex one," says psychologist Peter Langman, author of Why Kids Kill: Inside the Minds of School Shooters. "Media doesn’t cause anyone to commit mass murder. If you need a role model, you will find one. It could be Hitler, it could be Charles Manson, it could be a character in a video game."

The "Slenderman" could have been swapped out for anything or anyone, and personally, I believe that it hardly makes sense to blame internet memes for violent actions. The problem is clearly that more research needs to be done into mental illness, so that we can treat it more effectively.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/9/5794678/slenderman-inspired-two-knife-attacks-but-its-not-his-fault

If you actually believe that stuff, there is something wrong with you mentally. This is not something sane people believe and do.

When I heard about the Slenderman Stabbing, I didn't believe it at first. Then I read an article about it and found out that it was true.

......T'is a shame what has happened. 

Just now thinking about it, I haven't found out what happened afterwards. 

Wut?  Where do these strange people come from?  How on earth does anyone become so convinced in the belief of a fictional character?

In any case, the game and other media (mythos, etcetera) is blameless in this occasion.  It was the girls' choice to surround themselves with Slenderman to the point of obsession.

Misguided and a bit immature

they deserve to be punished honestly wanting to become a proxy? Don't they understand the difference of fantasy and reality? Games can't be blamed they aren't meant to be serious

Either they are extremely crazy or they are pretending they are extremely crazy to get a lighter sentence.

Either way, they need to go to jail. People like this are just an embarassment to humaity.  :eww: