Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Adult references in MLP

Harpuia

Pinkie Pie talking about her "dreams" of "creamy creamy frosting" and her what if I didn't know better was an orgasm face in that scene.

And there is Twilight drinking that white potion that looks like um well.

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pie talking about her "dreams" of "creamy creamy frosting" and her what if I didn't know better was an orgasm face in that scene.

And there is Twilight drinking that white potion that looks like um well.

the question is where did zecora get the white stuff for the potion?  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 2

Its also a song which referenced drugs.

I hate to be "that guy" but the song doesn't actually reference drugs at all, It's just an urban legend.

When the song was released in 1963 to get drug references on the radio you had to be extremely subtle, However the band denied any drug references.

When asked again in the late 1970's the band still denied any drug references and in the 1970's you no longer had to be subtle about it (remember, this was the decade "cocaine" by Eric Clapton was played endlessly on air). 

It was intentional, that's one of my favorite scenes ever.

Here's the gif.

the look on her face when she gets nudged; ponders the placement of the unicorn's horn... no no no  must keep post sfw

(edited)

Princess Twilight Sparkle is packed so much with suggestive themes that it obviously makes things like Pinkie's obsession with frosting a sexual reference, the black vine plants a reference to hentai, and Discord's maid outfit near the end a reference to clothing fetishes.

Edited by Mars Caramel

This is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9VGVxsSeyk

It's funny because of that look at the end makes it seem like something is covered up, lmao.

Came to this thread only to point this out, beat me to it!

Ponies using the term "Horse apples!" from time to time might count. Since that was a coloquial way of saying horse shit and ponies use it in fitting context.

Well honestly there are probably plenty of scenes that if you have the mind for it can be seen as adult references.

Although there are really only a few that I can remember that I'm pretty sure are intentional.

First of all the whole thing with "The punch has been spiked" that one sounds pretty clearly an adult reference.

Then there's the one in the super squeezy cider 6000 episode in the beginning with Rainbow Dash pulling the covers off Fluttershy and her blushing, as if she was naked or something(of course she's always naked so it's kinda weird, but still a reference)

And finally there's the scene with the parasprites swarming rainbow dash, and covering up her private parts in a bikini looking shape.

Other than those 3 I don't really know if I can think of any other completely intentional ones. Because like I said, a lot of them are up to how your mind works.

Oh and keep in mind I haven't rewatched the whole show in a bit, so my memory might be rusty.

• Brohoof 1

the most "adult" thing I think I have seen on the show is this. making a refinance to a very R rated movie (and person) about heavy, hardcore drug use. I don't think that it was a mistake because no kid would ever know that it was a refinance to that movie or hunter s tomsion, and if they did, the damage has already been done. I really like when they put stuff in the show like this that is a R rated refinance but it its self 100% G rated.

img-2673281-1-tumblr_mzz0cgqHo51ropurxo1

img-2673281-2-fearandloathing.jpg

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I don't know if somepony mentioned it before,but in the Part 1 of Season 4 Premiere(Princess Twilight Sparkle)....yeah,this happened 

P.S. I don't know if it's a actual adult reference...but due what Pinkie state and her expression,yeah,you can get a idea

Edited by NinjaPomeranian
  • Brohoof 5

I hate to be "that guy" but the song doesn't actually reference drugs at all, It's just an urban legend.

When the song was released in 1963 to get drug references on the radio you had to be extremely subtle, However the band denied any drug references.

When asked again in the late 1970's the band still denied any drug references and in the 1970's you no longer had to be subtle about it (remember, this was the decade "cocaine" by Eric Clapton was played endlessly on air). 

Well yes, but I would not really want to get into an argument with it. The puff the magic dragon is very controversial, and for good reasons.

• Brohoof 1

Well yes, but I would not really want to get into an argument with it. The puff the magic dragon is very controversial, and for good reasons.

I know it sounds extremely suspicious because songs like "White Rabbit" make references and try to hide them behind childhood lyrics but there are no hidden messages in "Puff the Magic Dragon". 

(edited)

Pinkie saying the "spiked the drink" thing. 

Oh, and "huffy the magic dragon"

This scene is all kinds of funny, Rarity at the end tops it off :D

Rainbow Dash is seriously cute in it too  :wub:

Edited by Guest

(edited)

To this very day, I still can't believe this is in the show.

Edible boots? On a kids' show? REALLY?

because eatable items from a clothing designer always makes one think of boots... ;)

That scene always struck me as the excuse that Rarity gave her at what ever moment of being caught at making something that SB shouldnt see and was the most logical and quickest excuse she could think of at the time and one where SB would believe.

This to me was one of the more fun and blatant grey areas that I was talking about in another thread that I love about the show.

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

We all know there have been some jokes that go right over kids' heads that adults understand.  Rainbow Dash's obsession with cider.  She shows some clear signs of being an alcoholic.  One time, when Spike fell asleep in a punch bowl, Pinkie said the punch was "spiked" (makes me wonder what she normally puts in her punch).

Anything I missed?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't know...The little 'show' Applejewel did in Simple Ways was pretty 'adult' to me for some reason..but that's just me.. :P

KDw4m5n.gif

0_0

322182__safe_applejack_animated_image-ma

(I know its not a joke but too bad,Applejewel was some hot stuff people)

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 3

I really like the part of the cider episode right before th opening song, when rainbow jerked the covers off fluttershy

o_O

full.gif

Rainbow, do you even know what the internet will do with this clip?

• Brohoof 1

Yes, my topic has been brought back from the dead! Well, kinda. I've been reading the comics lately and it's pretty dark at times and definitely more aimed at an older audience than the show. I don't think I've ran into any explicitly adult references yet, but I don't think something like this would happen in the show.

post-27174-0-04146100-1403653005.png

• Brohoof 1

Idk about this but in the episode with Cheese Sandwich and pinkie is singing she looks at 3 balloons that look just like...I'm u know.. And on her hat u see it gain.

Here's the pic lol I forgot to upload it with my other comment.

post-26385-0-32613400-1403662426_thumb.jpg

Yes, my topic has been brought back from the dead! Well, kinda. I've been reading the comics lately and it's pretty dark at times and definitely more aimed at an older audience than the show. I don't think I've ran into any explicitly adult references yet, but I don't think something like this would happen in the show.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_4.png

That's why I never read the comics, because of this kind of moments... -_-