Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Adult references in MLP

Harpuia

(edited)
On 6/24/2014 at 7:37 PM, Harpuia said:

Yes, my topic has been brought back from the dead! Well, kinda. I've been reading the comics lately and it's pretty dark at times and definitely more aimed at an older audience than the show. I don't think I've ran into any explicitly adult references yet, but I don't think something like this would happen in the show.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_4.png

I think we can safely call ^that^ Chrysalis's Moral Event Horizon.

Edited by Anti-Villain

Basically, everything Discord did in the episode Three's a Crowd is an adult reference, but what stood out most in my mind was during the song A Glass of Water. There was the one brief scene where Discord sits in a chair, leans back, reaches up and pulls a chain to release water all over him. This is from the move Flashdance from the 80s and is perhaps one of the most iconic moments of cinematography from that decade coming from an otherwise forgettable movie.

• Brohoof 1

Radar: "Screw this, I'm outta here!"

Looks like they gave some fanservice treatment to Flutty this time, THEY KNOW SHE IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PONY AROUND  :blink: . BTW, if you know about bees, turns out they communicate by waving their butt to show where's the pollen........ but since our minds are quite dirty..... B)  

waving their butt to show where's the pollen

Science mode activated!

Its not them just wiggling their butt.

They actually, do a positional routine to see where nearby flowers are, fruits, and other plant life to collect pollen to pick up on their short little legs.

They also, only sting when swatted at, or to defend the hive, in which Seabreeze did so.

would somepony please tell me what huffy the magic dragon is? i seriously dont get it

I honestly don't believe that a marijuana reference was made here.

But, rather a reference to "Puff The Magic Dragon".

It was a children's book or a movie from awhile ago.

I for one, find it hilarious when adult jokes are sneaked into cartoons.

• Brohoof 1

it's a reference to puff the magic dragon which is a drug reference

Actually, the band has said multiple times it's not. The song was intended to represent leaving Childhood behind. 

Are we not going to take about the fact Chrysalis is essentially as close to a Succubus as you're going to get in a G-Rated show?

(edited)

Yes, my topic has been brought back from the dead! Well, kinda. I've been reading the comics lately and it's pretty dark at times and definitely more aimed at an older audience than the show. I don't think I've ran into any explicitly adult references yet, but I don't think something like this would happen in the show.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_4.png

Dude, we could be here all day talking about the crap the comic has snuck by. I'm started to think who ever edits the children's comics IDW publishes does most of their job while drunk or hungover because some issues could give Tiny Toons and Animanics a run for their money in that department. 

Parasprites on Rainbow Dash's private parts, Cider, Cider, buck, horse apples, flying feather, spiked punch, etc. There's so many inappropriate references in this show XD

Actually, the Cider was a cultural thing. Here in the the US and Canada it's non-alcoholic by default and the booze is specifically called Hard Cider.  

Edited by Shoboni

it's a reference to puff the magic dragon which is a drug reference

That song is a drug reference? :wacko: You don't know how much you just ruined my childhood.

(edited)

Anytime I see a pony butt it feels like an adult moment to me lol.  And whenever they acknowledge that the ponies are naked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ri6Upf_Mc

"Uhh, beg yer pardon, Rarity, but - we're poneh nudists.  There are two butts in this here scene ALONE.  That PegaMister feller nearly up and died the first time he saw Rainbow Dash head to the door..."

And Spike's references to a bachelor party in the season two finale.

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aren't*. There was this time where pinkie joked about the punch being spiked. But I don't remeber any other time there was an adult reference. That or they must have flown right over my head.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, does the swastika in Discord's maze in Return to Harmony Part 1 count as an adult reference?

post-18648-0-16415500-1408011217_thumb.jpg

Also, about the "The punch has been spiked" line, I seriously don't get it.

Hmmm, does the swastika in Discord's maze in Return to Harmony Part 1 count as an adult reference?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Also, about the "The punch has been spiked" line, I seriously don't get it.

I don't think so, it was unintentional imo.

And spike the punch also means add alcohol in it.

Edited by Blobulle

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one who thinks mature references to very adult movies is bad? I mean, I want MLP to be more mature, but references to adult movies is not a good move in my opinion.

The only one I ever caught was the punch is Spiked one. The rest of these don't seem like adult references/jokes at all... They're just grasping straws.

Actually, in reference to this adult references, I feel like it's going back to the style of older cartoons. Like (pre season 5) Spongebob and the Powerpuff Girls. Both of which had innuendos that I personally never understood until I got older.

For example:

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The first episode, when Pinkie Pie throws the party for Twilight in the library, there's drinks on the table. If you look, there's margarita glasses and hot sauce on the table, meaning bloody marys.

Hell, I'm pretty sure that's the only reason Rocko's Modern Life became such a popular show.

Welcome to hellck! Gets me Everytime :P

Anyways, in Just for Sidekicks, Zecora says "Before I can do my duty, I'm going to need some of your booty". I know this wasn't intentional, but it was hilarious.

• Brohoof 1