Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Adult references in MLP

Harpuia

well in bridle gossip when each pony had aliment of her own,applejack was shrunked and then spike refer her as apple teeny

is apple teeny also pronounced like Appletini a type of alcoholic cocktail ? 

• Brohoof 1

This is funny because the reference works that way only because of what the public believes. Peter, Paul and Mary have always maintained that that is a silly urban legend and completely had nothing to do with drugs and drug references.

So the reference in MLP may actually not be adult in nature at all.

Yeah, and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was claimed by the Beatles not to have anything to do with LSD, too.

You really shouldn't take what song writers say about their songs on face value.

I'm not saying it is a drug use song, just that it might be, and that it is a song known for supposed coontations to drugs.

If there's one thing that supports it not being that, it's that it's from 1959, and not 1965 or so(where drugs and music was essentially a symbiote).

Basically anything associated with flanks can be taken as an adult reference since it's also drawing attention to their butts. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon bringing attention to how their flanks are better. SS shaking her flank showing it off. Cutie Marks Crusaders main obsession about their own flanks. Applebloom whining about her flank.

Also odd scenes like this.

In the end, it's really girls who are developed picking on the girls who aren't.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

In this little moment, Pinkie is shown to be wearing a lampshade, similar to how a person gets drunk enough at a party that they start to wear a lampshade as a hat. It also doesn't help that when Pinkie says "It's true! I do have a problem!", it implies that she may have some kind of drinking habit. This moment always gets a chuckle out from me. :P

• Brohoof 2

One of the biggest ones I can think of is in "it ain't easy being breezie" is when Fluttershy puts on a bee costume, shakes her butt, and says "is this bringing any images to mind?"

In apples to the core Pinkie has a picture of Big Mac's butt that disappears when they take a closer look at the book.

Now that I think about it, Fluttershy does a lot of butt wiggling in season four...

• 1 month later...

***All are screencaps taken directly from the show***

---

3d51e17635.jpg

PFFFT... just... those expressions... are priceless.

---

d7fe1f92ef.jpg

---

9dfa5d04e8.jpg

---

a590cc3ce3.jpg

---

633e7f6a0b.jpg

---

f6eb6f16d6.jpg

:comeatus: Writers, pray tell, how'd you get some of these past the radar?

~ Miles

• Brohoof 2

• 5 years later...
On 4/12/2015 at 8:47 AM, Miles said:

***All are screencaps taken directly from the show***

Yes, they are in fact genuine.

It was very popular to use this technique of mid-frame captures to discredit a show's animation quality back in 2017, especially for Dragon Ball Super. It was brought to my attention by animation experts that it is wrong to base an opinion off in-between animation stills. The quality of animation cannot be judged by single frames, but in fact the entire animated motion.

In this case, you are using in-between animation stills to make innuendos. It is still an in-between, and it is not meant to be viewed like that. :secret:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...