Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if a non-pegasi filly was born in Clousdale?

ReverseFaller

(edited)

What would happen if a non-pegasi filly was born in Clousdale? It is possible after all, although it seems unlikely. Mr. and Mrs. Cake had non-earth pony fillies, despite them both being earth ponies. I would assume this is because Mr. and or Mrs. Cake have unicorn, and pegasi blood in them. (Ancestry) Then again, maybe they just had non-earth pony kids because that's possible in the show.

Either way, what would happen to the non-pegasi filly in Cloudsdale? Since only Pegasi can walk on clouds, how would the filly survive up there? Would they have to fly the filly down to a land town such as Ponyville? Would the parents go with it, or would they be ashamed that it wasn't a pegasi and put it up for adoption in a land town?

Then again, maybe the non-pegasi fillies are used to make rainbows?  :blink:

Edited by Moony
  • Brohoof 4

I don't think genetically that could happen assuming all Pegasi in Cloudsdale have staying in the sky all their lives and in subsequent generations, which would mean no "contact" with the other races that induce a problem like this.

However, it seems Ponyville is an oddball of a city. The CMC points this out in S4 stating that what makes Ponyville unique and special is that all 3 races live together harmoniously. Although other cities will and do have all 3 races, Canterlot is predominately Unicorns, The big city knockoffs seem predominately Earth ponies, and Cloudsdale is Pegasi.

If a non pegasi pony was born in Cloudsdale, I would presume the family would move to the ground.

It would fall through the cloud crib, and splat like an egg on the ground below.

Midwife: Congratulations! It's a unicorn!

Mother: Amazing! Can I see him?

Midwife: Ehm, actually...

• Brohoof 4

RIP in peace foal, you died too soon.

One way to cop out of the implications is that foals in general are gigantic fonts of weird stuff happening, like we saw from Pound and Pumpkin. Foals might have enough 'latent magic' or the like to walk on clouds for a bit even if they aren't pegasi, until they mature a bit. So their parents would have time to move after the foal was born.

• Brohoof 2

There is likely a plan in case such a thing would happen and arrangements could be made. Perhaps there are places in Clouldsdale that have been created for non Pegasi ponies to live in, although they haven't been seen as of yet.

• Brohoof 3

That would actually make a pretty interesting episode! Or an interesting fan fic. Either works.

Anyways, the 4 most likely outcomes are; Death, the parents move to ponyville, the parents put the foal up for adobtion or the parents somehow find a way for it to live in Cloudsdale.

I can imagine the foal would have to put up with some bullying if it stays in Cloudsdale, tough...

• Brohoof 1

The most likely course of action would be to move to terra firma. Probably before birth.

Same as if an Earth Pony married a Pegasi.

It would fall through the clouds.  Hopefully they're holding on to the baby when it's born, or even go to a ground hospital, since they'd kind of have to expect that their baby may not have wings.

They would have to move to the ground.  I can't imagine ponies giving up their babies for adoption though, Equestria  is much too happy a place for that.

• Brohoof 1

That's actually an interesting question. I'd think the parents would have no choice but to live on the ground.

Currently all the hospitals I've seen are on the ground, and even the wonderbolts medical staff took place on the ground. I'd imagine pegasi have hospitals on the ground as standard protocol.

• Brohoof 3

Hmm... seeing as non-pegasi can only walk on the clouds using a magic spell, it seems pretty interesting.

Though I'd expect the pegasi to invent some kind of device for it to walk around in cloudsdale it would be similar to Rarity's magnificent wings but of course much more permanent! 

Then again, maybe the non-pegasi fillies are used to make rainbows?  :blink:

31576_636964199677357_1687264078_n.jpg 

This is a really good question! ^^

While many different answers I can agree with, I would say they would perhaps move to Ponyville. ^^

From what we know, only pegasus ponies can live in the sky so the foal would have to be born elsewhere.

If we're going by the logic of where Pound and Pumpkin Cake were born, I would say that every pony is born in that hospital. ^^

They'd fall through the clouds, unfortunately - the parents would need to either move out of the clouds, get a spell cast on the filly, or put it up for adoption.

if they where Pegasus they could not cast a spell.

Well, most likely the little filly would fall out of the sky, however, I think it would be rare to have a non-pegasi pony born in Cloudsdale. 

Mr. and Mrs. Cake had non-earth pony fillies, despite them both being earth ponies. I would assume this is because Mr. and or Mrs. Cake have unicorn, and pegasi blood in them. (Ancestry) Then again, maybe they just had non-earth pony kids because that's possible in the show.

It is stated by Mr. Cake in that episode that there is both unicorn and pegasus blood in the family, though it also seemed to be implied that it was unusual for them to have non-earth pony foals anyways.

I would assume that they would move to the ground for safety reasons, but perhaps it isn't as great a problem as one might think. Twilight cast a spell on herself and three of her friends that allowed them to walk on clouds despite not being pegasi with what seemed like fairly little difficulty. Sure, giving Rarity wings was shown as being hard for her but she seemed pretty ho-hum about the cloud-walking spell, and that was back in the first season long before she became powerful enough to even become an alicorn. I would imagine that, if the request were made, somepony like Celestia could cast a spell like that that would last years, maybe even a lifetime. 

• Brohoof 1

Y'know you could have just said a non-pegasi foal, a filly is just a female.

Anyways, I don't think it could happen, the parent would most likely be a non-pegasi, or if it was something like an earth pony dad and a pegasi mother, I would guess that nurses in the place, would have to be super careful with it, and make sure they didn't him her/him.

But let's not go down that alley....

I would guess that it would fall out of the clouds, unless it was being cared for a lot and the parents would have to move down from the clouds and onto safe-ground.

Oh and, Twilight could cast a spell that makes it be able to stand on grounds.

But a non-pegasi foal being born in a place where they should not be is like in a video game where you aren't the right level to be at, or in this case... maybe finding about lost stuff in it.

Okay, final verdict, it would probably have to be taken down from cloudsdale and back onto a ground place very quickly and carefully.