Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if a non-pegasi filly was born in Clousdale?

ReverseFaller

I've yet to see a hospital in Cloudsdale. The only hospital is in Ponyville. That might be the reason. Pegasus are born in the Ponyville hospital out of necessity.

That said, there is also a good reason why no one lives directly under Cloudsdale.

• Brohoof 1

Would they have to fly the filly down to a land town such as Ponyville? Would the parents go with it, or would they be ashamed that it wasn't a pegasi and put it up for adoption in a land town?

Whoa, I smell a very mature (and potentially awesome) plotline in there somewhere.  This sort of reminds me of the intro scene with the Angel in X-Men the Last Stand when he's trying to cut out his wings to hide his mutation from his pop.  'cept this would kind of be the reverse, I guess.

Wouldnt happen.  At least not without knowledge of the filly being a non-Pegasus pony. Equestria isn't doing bad in technology, they have xrays to check that out. Dude. They even have mp3 players and TVs. Besides, things up there in cloudsdale aren't intangible to other types of pony's , besides the cloud, so pavement would totally be tangible. However, the filly would be in constant danger of falling of. Concerned parent would move to the ground while others would help the fillies stay up there, probably having a spell cast on the filly so that it would have the same material properties of a pegasus, besides the wings of course. We also see that in equestrian, being any of the four types are irrelevant to importance and are treated the same, independent from which of the four types the parents are. Needless to say, nothing would happen.

-Nuff said.

What would happen if a non-pegasi filly was born in Clousdale? It is possible after all, although it seems unlikely. Mr. and Mrs. Cake had non-earth pony fillies, despite them both being earth ponies. I would assume this is because Mr. and or Mrs. Cake have unicorn, and pegasi blood in them. (Ancestry) Then again, maybe they just had non-earth pony kids because that's possible in the show.It

Either way, what would happen to the non-pegasi filly in Cloudsdale? Since only Pegasi can walk on clouds, how would the filly survive up there? Would they have to fly the filly down to a land town such as Ponyville? Would the parents go with it, or would they be ashamed that it wasn't a pegasi and put it up for adoption in a land town?

Then again, maybe the non-pegasi fillies are used to make rainbows?  :blink:

Woulden

The umbilical cord would still be attached and the baby would take it's first bungee jump.

But also, there would most likely be a midwife or doctor there to catch the baby as it came out even if they didn't know it was going to be an earth pony, so it wouldn't fall because someone would be holding it when they noticed it's lack of wings. Unless the mother was alone at the time of the birth for some reason, in which case- bungee time!

• Brohoof 3

I think that a. What happened to the Cakes is exceedingly rare and b. Pegasi, more than any other type of pony, would probably attempt to keep themselves (if I dare to use the term) racially pure as much as possible for this very reason.

However, if it were to happen that pegasi parents had an Earth Pony or Unicorn foal, they would probably move from Cloudsdale as soon as possible.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't know why we are all assuming the foal would drop straight from birth to the ground - I'm sure there are midwives there who are at least slightly competent.  And while the foal couldn't live a quality life up there for too long, I'm sure staying in a crib would allay any immediate danger. 

Also ... *cringe* why are we saying "a pegasi"? Pegasi is plural!

Edited by Sapana
  • Brohoof 1

I think it's possible that the cloud floor in the cloudsdale hospitals would be enchanted to prevent any newborn pegasus or unicorn foals from falling through, but yeah I would assume that the family would probably have to move out of cloudsdale.

• 3 years later...

((Okay I know this topic is old but I really want to post my opinion))

First I think it is POSSIBLE for an earth/unicorn pony to be born in Cloudsale. Not every single Pegasus there has been there their eternal life (look at Rainbow Dash for example). It is possible some of their grand mothers or grand fathers to have been from anther race. And it could life there. But it CAN survive there since we have seen all the mane six at Rainbow Dashes house which is in the clouds as well as Spike walking on a street at Cloudsdale ((I don't have photo but I think it was in 'Cutie Re-marking' )). So I guess that not all of Cloudsdale is made only of clouds and she/he can survive if she/he walks only on these places tho it may be dangerous. But I guess it will eventually have to leave in order to go to school because I guess that all schools in there are probably flight schools or having wings is one of the requirements for accepting. 

The show  doesn't get into this. Over at Fimfiction.net most fics that mention it assume that Pegasi get to the ground if at all possible. (In Baby Cakes, it took about a month for Pumpkin to fly, for instance) Some have assumed a sort of exchange program. That is, swap Pumpkin for a ground pounder born to a Pegasus.

It has long been my head canon that Scootaloo's parents moved to Ponyville lest their precious little Scootie fall down & go "BOOM" (or worse, go "SPLAT") like Fluttershy almost did in Cutie Mark Chronicles

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Well first off, the foal wouldn't just fall down right upon birth. I'm almost guaranteed that they would use solid materials to build the hospital rooms. Secondly, the family would most likely relocate to the ground. In fact, they might have already moved, prior to the foal. They most likely found out the foal was going to be a non-pegasus months in advance. It may be a bit of an adjustment and a bit of a struggle, but it would be worth it in the end. Much better than the alternatives, which are either try to make it work for the foal to stay in Cloudsdale, or put it up for adoption. Moving to the ground would be the right call.

• 2 weeks later...