Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony have any tattoos?

Cloud-Kicker

Anypony here have any tattoos they're willing to share on?

If not, do you have any plans for getting any, and what are your views on them?

I was just wondering because I want to get one eventually.

I plan on getting this on my forearm...Thoughts?

post-2179-0-22135700-1332143730.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I don't have any tattoos and I don't really plan on getting one anytime soon, maybe something small in an unnoticeable place... But I don't think so. My grandpa has this cool sailor on his arm though :P

I don't have any tattoos myself, but I have nothing against those that have them.

I think that it is really closed minded when so many people dislike others just because they have a tattoo. Most of the nicest and smartest people that I have met have a tattoo. (And my best friend IRL has a few of them as well.)

I have no idea what the words on your tattoo picture mean, but I really like the style. Have you considered getting a pony tattoo though?

(edited)

I don't have any tattoos myself, but I have nothing against those that have them.

I think that it is really closed minded when so many people dislike others just because they have a tattoo. Most of the nicest and smartest people that I have met have a tattoo. (And my best friend IRL has a few of them as well.)

I have no idea what the words on your tattoo picture mean, but I really like the style. Have you considered getting a pony tattoo though?

It's a Buddhist mantra "om mani padme hum" that can't really be translated in full effectively. I'm not that religious but I have always found it interesting .

And yes, A pony related tattoo is never out of the question :lol:

Edited by Cloud-Kicker
  • Brohoof 1

i've thought about doing it, but seveal things are holding back my decision of doing it. the main reason being, do i REALLY want the tattoo on my body? i may want it then, but do i still want the thing on my body 5 years later? chances are, no, most likely i don't want it on my body anymore after that period of time.

something you may want to consider, yourselves. did you REALLY want the tattoo on your body? remember that it will never go away, and that if you don't want it anymore, removing it will cost a smaller fortune. so try and really think about it before going through with it.

• Brohoof 1

i've thought about doing it, but seveal things are holding back my decision of doing it. the main reason being, do i REALLY want the tattoo on my body? i may want it then, but do i still want the thing on my body 5 years later? chances are, no, most likely i don't want it on my body anymore after that period of time.

something you may want to consider, yourselves. did you REALLY want the tattoo on your body? remember that it will never go away, and that if you don't want it anymore, removing it will cost a smaller fortune. so try and really think about it before going through with it.

Yeah, I've been told that a lot and don't get me wrong, i understand what you mean. Most people tell me things like, "It'll make it extremely difficult to get a job in the future" or stuff like that, but take into consideration what the person wants to do in the future. For example, I will be going to school for a job relating to music soon, and something like a tattoo can't harm my chances at a career too badly.

But I do know what you mean. A business, or some sort of desk job might be a bit harder to achieve after being inked. :lol:

Lack of funds is the only reason I'm not inked from neck to ankle. I love tattoos.

I currently have three. One on my chest, a smaller one on my left calf, and one that takes up my entire right shin.

Got 4. and going to get more. All mine have meaning, well, maybe for the exception of the thundercats tattoo on my left wrist. My buddy is a tattoo artist in training and was nagging about tattooing me, so finally I caved in and suggested TC tattoo.

So, the TC tattoo on the left wrist, klingon logo and the word Qapla(in klingon ofc) on my right. Right arm a dragon my wife drew for me.

Left arm, a kitsune, or more specifically The nine tail demon fox from Naruto ;)

My kitsune(only pic I have available atm)

Posted Image

Edited by Magnus
  • Brohoof 5

I don't have any at the moment but yet again I am only 15 :P

I have nothing against those who have tattoos and some of them are nice (for example ones with meanings behind them or pretty patterns etc.)

If I ever do get one though I would probably get a small one that looks like Vinyl's cutie mark XD

My brother is going to get a tattoo on his ring finger when he gets married, a solid black ring all the way around.

He's planning on being an electrician, and it's generally unwise to wear low-resistance conductive bands of metal on the parts of your body that are closest to electricity, so that's that.

'Work=no ring worn, but ring still there' is the point.

• Brohoof 2

Don't have any and don't plan to get any.

Like Viscra said, even if you want one now, you probably wont want it 5 years from now. Make sure you're completely sure about it, remember those things are permanent :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Don't have any and don't plan to get any.

Like Viscra said, even if you want one now, you probably wont want it 5 years from now. Make sure you're completely sure about it, remember those things are permanent :blink:

I understand they're permanent, but considering the career path I'm taking, It wont have many major effects on my life other than the fact that it will be there.

Also, I may be getting it because it's my way of expressing myself, but not only does it satisfy me, it gives off a vibe to others that says "I care enough about my feelings and my life experiences that I'm willing to have art permanently displayed on my body depicting those aspects of my life", and when your a musician, emotional expression is a big part of your life and career.

You may be right by saying I might not want it in five years, but what if I do?

From your perspective, a tattoo may be nothing but a bad idea, and I respect that, but from my perspective, it's just another way to show who you are without saying anything at all. :)

Either way, who knows? In the end, I might not even get it anyways. :lol:

I have no tattoos, nor do I ever desire to have one.

They are just not my thing, but doesn't mean I dislike them.

Some people have awesome tattoos, while others just look trashy.

~