Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony have any tattoos?

Cloud-Kicker

I currently only have one but plan on getting more eventually.

Upper right arm. It honors my grandpa who was a firefighter and something I really respect. The wolf is because that is my favorite animal and what they normally represent in myth is fitting I think. I've had it for a few years and I really need to get it touched up.

post-9221-0-20209800-1357762125_thumb.jpg

Something I've been tossing around though is getting a xenomorph sort of crawling/wrapped around my right forearm if I can find an artist who could make it look realistic enough. That will probably never happen, but its the geek in me wanting that.

I'll probably get something pony related down the line, no clue what or where. It will probably be Applejack or Rarity related though.

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 1

I want to get tattoo for about 5 years, but I never get around to it. Partially because something always comes up and because I'm one of those people who have problems deciding what to have for dinner, let alone what to get as a tattoo - too many cool possibilities and I never can pick a favorite.

Tho I've finally picked, just recently, "You can't read this" in daedric runes from wrist to elbow, on the bottom of right hand. Any opinions on that?  :lol:

Now just to save a bit of money, I'm really scared if I imagine the artist screwing up and the really respectable saloons aren't exactly cheap.

No tattoos...yet. ;)

I'm a fan of tats, though. And yes, I plan on getting something MLP-related, either RD's cutie mark, too, or something Wonderbolt-related. I'm also considering getting the Rainbow Dash silhouette, instead.

But I'm holding off on getting it until I've accomplished a goal I feel would warrant celebrating with a tattoo. I'll probably get it when I get my private pilot's license.

Edited by StratoPegasus

I used to want a tattoo, but that desire has died down a bit over the last few years. I think if I ever got anything it would be music related or some sort of Celtic design. The most probable things being the tree of life, a Celtic knot, or some sort of lyre design.

• Brohoof 1

A tattoo is something I considered years ago... and then reconsidered. Who knows, maybe I'll do it one day. I had in mind to get the insignia of the Klingon Empire on one of my shoulders.

post-6104-0-74806700-1358110477_thumb.jpg

Or more likely the symbol of the Harpers.

post-6104-0-85651600-1358110739.jpg

But now I would be more inclined to get either Twilight or Luna's cutie mark.

I currently only have one but plan on getting more eventually.

Upper right arm. It honors my grandpa who was a firefighter and something I really respect. The wolf is because that is my favorite animal and what they normally represent in myth is fitting I think. I've had it for a few years and I really need to get it touched up.

Something I've been tossing around though is getting a xenomorph sort of crawling/wrapped around my right forearm if I can find an artist who could make it look realistic enough. That will probably never happen, but its the geek in me wanting that.

I'll probably get something pony related down the line, no clue what or where. It will probably be Applejack or Rarity related though. Once I'm finished with navy boot camp, maybe I'll get the navy Rarity as a tattoo, who knows.

I really love that tattoo, it looks amazing. I'm hoping to take mine and add on to it later. Definitely a huge passion in firefighting. Most all firefighters I work with and know all have something fire fighting related tattoo'd on em. It's a tight-knit brotherhood. You ever consider going in yourself?

I want to get this one on my back but firts I want to get a better body condition, right now Im not a fitting canvas for something this amazing

Hakumen_(Emblem,_Crest).png

• 2 weeks later...

Tenor Clef, on 23 Oct 2012 - 23:56, said:

Lost, on 06 Sept 2012 - 18:36, said:

Your threads, 'Tattoos' and 'Tattoo General Thread' have been merged with 'Anypony have any tattoos?' as they are all covering the same topic.

--

No tattoos (yet), but a year or two ago I drew a likeness for what I'd be interested in having. The Cancer (astrology) symbol on one of my sides. I think the symbol is cool, and I fit my astrological sign and its' descriptions so perfectly that I figure, why not. It'd never get old, seeing as how my birth date and personality are what they are, and won't be changing.

>Lousy webcam, darkness is a bit annoying, srrz

post-4006-0-88870900-1359165382.png

I want to get a tattoo when I go to college. I am thinking something neat, that I will love. It will be ponies. I can't decide on which one. It depends. Maybe Rainbow Dash, Applebloom, or Vinyl Scratch. Maybe I will get a rainbow Dash and Vinyl Scratch. Rainbow Dash on the right of my arms, Vinyl Scratch on the left of my arms. 

I only have the one currently, though I plan more.

The one I have is the Metallica ninja star on my back between the shoulder blades, I'm happy with it :) and it means a lot to me. That's the thing about tattoos they're deeply personal. As much as I love mlp I don't think I'll get a tat of it. But if I was it'd be pinkies cutie mark.

image_zpsfcd0b1ee.jpg

Forgive the pose I was asked to model it for a charity calendar by a friend and they needed a guy.

The next few are going on my arm once my artist friend has drawn the designs to my satisfaction. The idea is that they'd all be the depictions of titles of Metallica songs that mean something to me and they'd tell a story.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1

I go in for my extra work to finish my tattoo next month, having it capped off and the lines touching up ^^

Also while i'm there i'm gonna chat to the tattooist about designs for a partial sleeve for my right arm :D

I only have the one currently, though I plan more.

Forgive the pose I was asked to model it for a charity calendar by a friend and they needed a guy.

My brother took photos while i was having mine done and has used them in his portfolio for his University application, his tutor thought that i was a girl because i had to have my hair in a pony tail to keep it outa the way -.-

I go in for my extra work to finish my tattoo next month, having it capped off and the lines touching up ^^

Also while i'm there i'm gonna chat to the tattooist about designs for a partial sleeve for my right arm :D

My brother took photos while i was having mine done and has used them in his portfolio for his University application, his tutor thought that i was a girl because i had to have my hair in a pony tail to keep it outa the way -.-

Lol I remember having a pony tail. I had to split my dreads into pigtails when it was being done lol. I think my gf may have a photo of to somewhere.

I have 4 tattoos (foot, leg, shoulder, neck).  My avatar is the tattoo on my shoulder.

post-6556-0-65451400-1359200508_thumb.jpg

post-6556-0-39751100-1359200509_thumb.jpg

post-6556-0-51151800-1359200525_thumb.jpg

It's been a few years since my last one and I'm wanting to get another one.  I have a nasty scar on my wrist I thought could be, at least partially, covered up by rainbow dash's cutie mark.

Hello!

I do not have any tattoo's and definately will not be having them. I have nothing against the people that have them, but i'm definately against tattoo's.

The ages where people used them to show their status or might, are long gone. Why wreck your skin with pointless ink images? I say. You can wear certain clothes, certain jewelry, if you want to be recognised. Most people that i know, that have tattoo's, regret having them.

Edited by Concord

I don't have any tattoos, but I've been meaning to a small design I made for a while now

The only thing really holding me back is my extremely low pain tolerance. 

Edited by Hansel

hrwpdu.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality but I only had my web cam handy.

?It's Sanguinius from Warhammer 40k in case any one was unsure.

Your threads, 'Tattoos' and 'Tattoo General Thread' have been merged with 'Anypony have any tattoos?' as they are all covering the same topic.

--

No tattoos (yet), but a year or two ago I drew a likeness for what I'd be interested in having. The Cancer (astrology) symbol on one of my sides. I think the symbol is cool, and I fit my astrological sign and its' descriptions so perfectly that I figure, why not. It'd never get old, seeing as how my birth date and personality are what they are, and won't be changing.

>Lousy webcam, darkness is a bit annoying, srrz
attachicon.gifProud Cancer.png

Tattoo's of the rib cage or anywhere near that general area hurt the most, so It's not wise to get your first tattoo there. You will beg for the sweet release of death within minutes.

• Brohoof 1

Tattoo's of the rib cage or anywhere near that general area hurt the most, so It's not wise to get your first tattoo there. You will beg for the sweet release of death within minutes.

Thanks for the input :3 I'm rather freelance and uncaring about where it goes on my torso, honestly. I'll think on it more in detail.

A few friends of mine swear that its getting your foot done that hurts more although my gf would say the top of your hand and along the fingers.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have any and not sure if i will get one. Just about all of my mates have multiple tattoos on them and they all look like crap to me. The only reason i don't think i'll get one is because i change my mind on what i do and don't like pretty regularly and id much rather not get one then have to go get the ink burnt out of my skin later on.

I have 4 actually. I have a Wolf on my lower back, a curved thing of roses on my left shoulder, a fawn on my right ankle in honer of my daughters birth with her name under it, a loin cub on my left nakle in honor of my sons birth with his name also under it, and a vampric ahunk on my inner right thigh. I actually want to get something on my left shoulder to blance it out, but hubby wont let me.

RD

I don't have one yet, but I do plan on getting the sulfur symbol tattooed n the back of my neck a little after the 18th birthday (4 years from now).  I'm really scared of the pain but by then it'll be easier I think.

sulfur.jpg

Okay, while I'm not one for tattoos (although I think some look insanely good), I have seriously considered getting this epic emblem of nostalgia, because it is SUCH AN AWESOME IDEA:

tumblr_lliixvrxtI1qdnaqro1_500.jpg

Wouldn't that be cool?!? As long as there's a blacklight nearby, you hold the power of the Triforce. :D

So I'm still wanting a tattoo and I have one in mind that I want to have, namely this one:

homra_avatar_by_juneamber-d5nnou3.jpg

It stands for HOMRA if anyone wants to know.

However, I don't know where, I was thinking on the palm of my right hand, but then I would have to make the decision wether I should place the tattoo so that it's facing me or facing away from me, which is a real problem for me since I want it to be just right.

I'm also thinking about wether I should tattoo HOMRA's phrase somewhere, the phrase is "NO BLOOD. NO BONE. NO ASH."

Again, I'm really struggling with the place where I should tattoo the phrase. It's all about composition and placement, and it has to be just perfect or else I'll regret it.

So I guess I'm gonna take a temporary tattoo first or apply one myself and check if its something I want to keep or not. Pretty excited for the next few weeks! I'll keep ya'll updated!

Edited by Winterbass