Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I upload photos and GIFs?

otaku4242

tumblr_inline_mpbylrKgCy1qz4rgp.gif

If you want to post a gif then what you got to do is copy the image URL by right clicking on the image and clicking copy image URL. Then going onto the forums and on the sort of toolbar above where you write your text, there should be a image what looks like a photo of a tree. Click on that and paste the URL and your done ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I don't have "copy image url" option.

is that a firefox thing only? I have internet explorer

there is no "copy image url" option when I right click.

I have internet explorer, is that the issue?

• Brohoof 1

Actually for internet explorer, if you right click on the image and go down to the basic copy, you should be given the image url:

TcSTiK6.png 

• Brohoof 1

otaku, have you tried using my method by: right clicking the image you wish to use, going down and clicking copy, then using the insert image feature (the little tree icon 2W9rVoM.png) on the post toolbar to insert your gif?

• Brohoof 3

is that a firefox thing only? I have internet explorer

It shouldn't be, copying the Image URL is a thing every browser should have.

I just tested it out, you can do this action with Internet Explorer.

But this is your problem, Internet Explorer and MLP Forums don't mix very well, I'm afraid to say.

Why not try a different browser? ^^

• Brohoof 1

okay I got the url, and im clicking on the picture of a tree, and I can paste it into the "url" box, but it wont let me click "okay"

Check the url you have obtained. The message I guess you could be receiving is a "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.". This might be because the link you have obtained is not a proper link that can be inserted. As far as I'm aware, only links that are in proper format for an image; ie end in .png, .jpeg, .gif, etc will work for a post. Links like this will not work. 

• Brohoof 2

seriously, MY GIF'S WONT ANIMATE!!!!!!! can someone take a screencap of how they do this??????????????????

Also... Just to make sure. Are you sure that the image is a gif? and isn't just saved under the file type 'Gif'

• Brohoof 2

Hey, @otaku4242.

Just letting you know, there's a FAQ article on how to post images and such located here.

Try out the walk through, and see if you're still having an issue with this.

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.