Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 FIFA World Cup (the Teams and the Groups (of Death))

Jon the VGNerd

(edited)

Congrats to Germany, they were quite simply the most balanced team, they always have this habit of beginning slowly but ending up strong, one of the best units out there. They nearly fell into the same trap the Dutch did, luckily for them Götze made sure penalties were avoided, which are still a lottery... Ask Costa Rica and the Netherlands. Prior successes mean nothing.

As for Messi getting the golden ball... Look, he's a good player when it comes down to it, but when Maradona (the most biased character out there) basically says he doesn't deserve it and that it fits into FIFA's marketing schemes? For crying out loud, he was for the majority of his time on the field put out of business during the whole knockout stage. I've seen players like Robben (questionable penalty aside) put in more effort than him. Like actively helping out defensively while Messi ran around waiting for those little moments to strike.

I for one couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, but then again, he is the lovechild/posterboy of FIFA. And i bet i'll be talking against the droves of people who think otherwise.

Edited by JavaJive
  • Brohoof 1

Congrats to Germany, they were quite simply the most balanced team, they always have this habit of beginning slowly but ending up strong, one of the best units out there. They nearly fell into the same trap the Dutch did, luckily for them Götze made sure penalties were avoided, which are still a lottery... Ask Costa Rica and the Netherlands. Prior successes mean nothing.

As for Messi getting the golden ball... Look, he's a good player when it comes down to it, but when Maradona (the most biased character out there) basically says he doesn't deserve it and that it fits into FIFA's marketing schemes? For crying out loud, he was for the majority of his time on the field put out of business during the whole knockout stage. I've seen players like Robben (questionable penalty aside) put in more effort than him. Like actively helping out defensively while Messi ran around waiting for those little moments to strike.

I for one couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, but then again, he is the lovechild/posterboy of FIFA. And i bet i'll be talking against the droves of people who think otherwise.

There are plenty of fans who would agree with you, IMO. Kinda hard to ignore that players like Robben, Muller, and James Rodgriguez deserved it more.