Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 FIFA World Cup (the Teams and the Groups (of Death))

Jon the VGNerd

I am extremely happy not just by Mexico's result, but by the performance they had against Cameroon. That was some nice representation for CONCACAF!

Also, I LOVE YOU ARJEN ROBBEN!!!!!!

Lastly, while it looks like a large defeat for Australia by Chile, the Socceroos at least put up a decent fight.

• Brohoof 2

Absolutely beautiful football by Holland today. Being an Arsenal fan, I'm not the biggest Van Persie fan anymore, but that trio of Van Persie, Robben and Sneijder is magical. Dutch football at its best

Chile looked good today too, not a team to be underrestimated for sure. Just hope Vidal stays fit, would suck for Chile if they lost him

• Brohoof 1

Wow, the Dutch really beat up Spain this time.

5-1 Go Netherlands.

As I've been calling it, complete destruction. Not that my neighborhood was complaining or anything. Plenty of cheers all around when the Netherlands scored.

Overall, I gotta say the World Cup has gotten off to quite the interesting start. Roller coaster game yesterday, and thrills, spills & destruction today. And with the family hosting a party tomorrow, there will be a fair bit of noise coming out of one corner of New York tomorrow afternoon. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

As I've been calling it, complete destruction. Not that my neighborhood was complaining or anything. Plenty of cheers all around when the Netherlands scored.

Overall, I gotta say the World Cup has gotten off to quite the interesting start. Roller coaster game yesterday, and thrills, spills & destruction today. And with the family hosting a party tomorrow, there will be a fair bit of noise coming out of one corner of New York tomorrow afternoon. :lol:

I like the Spain team, heck I'm part Spanish myself, but I like to cheer for the underdogs, in this case Netherlands. I like the Dutch team and it has some of my favourite players. The 5-1 scoreline was almost a miracle. A bad day for Casillas, I guess.

3.Robben will cut in from the left, many, many times. 

Ever since he got over his injury issues Robben has been an absolute MONSTER! Easily a key factor in Bayern's success, and I'm sure he and the rest of the team can carry the Netherlands far into the tournament.

• Brohoof 2

Easily a key factor in Bayern's success,

Robben just keeps getting better and better. Bayern have practically dismantled every team in the Bungesliga. I'm hoping Ribery does better next season also. Tough blow to France with him out.

Robben just keeps getting better and better. Bayern have practically dismantled every team in the Bungesliga. I'm hoping Ribery does better next season also. Tough blow to France with him out.

As long as Ribery can get over that back injury he has, he should be fine. However, his drop in performance after his but injury has left Bayern fans concerned. As their best, Ribery & Robben can terrorize any opponent.

So sad Ribery couldn't participate. :(

The good ol' Robbery combo. Not much can beat it in pure creation, and scoring ability. 

It'll be a sad day when they retire. I just hope they have plenty more years left in them.

• Brohoof 1

Not too much of a surprise, but Colombia pretty much brushed aside Greece with a 3-0 win today.

My attention to the World Cup today will be a little off as the 24 Hours of Le Mans is also on today, so yeah.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The match between Brazil and Croatia was the first soccer (association football) game I ever watched on television. I'm still trying to get into it more. Brazil won in the end despite losing the lead early in the game. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Edited by LED Dasher

Look at all dem butthurt Ustasha fans loooooooooooooooool

@@PathfinderCS

You were right. GANGBANG HUP HOLLAND HUP

WC is being ruined by refs, 2 disallowed goals for Mexico and 2 cheap penalties, but FC Ustashe really deserved it for their Nazi chants in qualifiers.

@@LED Dasher LOOOOOOOL what about this comeback from 4 goals down - Red Star Belgrade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq-R3CuY6AE

My goodness.

Uruguay is in trouble now. Costa Rica just pulled off a massive equalizer 1-2!

Because I wanna pull for the CONCACAF teams, GO COSTA RICA!!!

COSTA RICA SCORES ANOTHER!!!!!!! 1-3!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

That was a fully deserved red. You do not lose your cool like that.

In other words, THAT IS HOW YOU REPRESENT CONCACAF!!! The USA and Honduras better take note!

• Brohoof 1

Pretty good game so far, England fan here. Shame we're 2-1 down now :( There's still time!

• Brohoof 1