Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Eating alone vs. eating with people

Bojo

So I was about to have a great meal and realized this would be the first time in a while that I'd eat alone. So I was wondering what you guys think, how do you prefer to eat? Alone or with friends/family/strangers? And why do you prefer so?

I personally prefer to eat alone, not that I hate people, but when I eat alone I focus more on my food and enjoy it better :P

Thanks for reading and sharing your comment :)

• Brohoof 7

it depends. talking with company normally makes the meal last longer (unless to eat with your mouth full :P) which isn't a bad thing with a big dinner as it helps pace yourself.

if its a quick dinner or something small i'd prefer eating it alone, just so i can wolf it down. Om Nom Nom! :)

• Brohoof 3

I like eating alone. Once the meal is done, I'm done. You don't have to sit around and wait for everyone else to finish. What's worse is when everyone's finished and you just sit around talking with empty plates.

It's not that I hate my family or friends, it's just that I've already had all meaningful discussions with them already.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

I prefer eating alone. That way I can play my games,while I eat. 

Also,it's not like I have anything interesting to talk about. 

Edited by Sir Godot
  • Brohoof 2

Depends on the location. If I am at home I prefer to eat alone, as I can do things while eating. But if I'm in public like a fast food joint or diner, I'd rather have people with me so I don't look like a pathetic loser with no friends.

• Brohoof 2

Either works for me. Though I tend to eat a lot less when I'm alone. I'll be home alone for 2 weeks of July, since the parents are going on vacation. I probably won't eat much during those two weeks. Not because I don't want to cook,but I just don't feel like eating a lot when I'm home alone.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I agree with Celtore up above. I don't like having to wait awhile for other people to finish eating in order for us to all be done, especially if I have other things to do. If I'm at a public place though like a restaurant, then I'll always go with someone else (either a family member or a friend) since I don't feel as comfortable sitting the all alone where others can watch me.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 2

Alone. xD
When I eat alone, I am able to do things that I can't do in front of people. (Like make food combos and shovel it in my mouth :3)
It's like roaming the streets in your underwear.  :yay:

• Brohoof 4

Prefer to eat with my brothers, so we can discuss stuff. Always more entertaining!

Alone. Except for family dinners, that's how I've always done it, and the rare occasions I've been invited to eat with others were pretty ruttin' awkward. Plus I generally only cook when I am alone, which has the added bonus of leftovers for the next day.

• Brohoof 1

I also prefer to eat alone, eating with people is ok but it can get awkward seeing as a lot of the time people will glance at your food and glance back at you. I always hate that, but I'm sure it's not b/c they think I'm eating a lot, prob just noticing.....

Anyone else struggle with that??

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm eating with strangers, this is me:

(Breaking Bad spoiler ahead)

I also prefer to eat alone, eating with people is ok but it can get awkward seeing as a lot of the time people will glance at your food and glance back at you. I always hate that, but I'm sure it's not b/c they think I'm eating a lot, prob just noticing.....

Anyone else struggle with that??

Sometimes it happens to me, but when I eat with my family I always feel the pressure to eat faster since they eat faster than me and I don't know, I don't like being the last one to finish but I also like enjoying my food. Breaks my head!

Alone. xD
When I eat alone, I am able to do things that I can't do in front of people. (Like make food combos and shovel it in my mouth :3)

Food combos! Oh yeah! I do that most of the time I eat alone too! /) :lol:

Either works for me. Though I tend to eat a lot less when I'm alone. I'll be home alone for 2 weeks of July, since the parents are going on vacation. I probably won't eat much during those two weeks. Not because I don't want to cook,but I just don't feel like eating a lot when I'm home alone.

Now that I think about it, this happens to me as well, but only the days I don't do exercise. May be it's just that one becomes entertained on the computer or TV and doesn't even think about food?

Depends on the location. If I am at home I prefer to eat alone, as I can do things while eating. But if I'm in public like a fast food joint or diner, I'd rather have people with me so I don't look like a pathetic loser with no friends.

You're so right! At highschool, eating alone in the cafeteria, boy I just did that once and you can feel the pressure of everyone eating with company and you just feel bad :(

Edited by Bojo
  • Brohoof 4

I prefer eating alone. Anytime I eat with others it reminds me of when I used to have family dinners with my parents. It was always awkward and uncomfortable for me. They'd ask me tons of questions about all of my least favorite subjects, like school, and friends and things like that. But anytime I tried to talk to them about something I found interesting, they always just sort of ignored it. They'd just nod their head along, but not really listen. I really hated that.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer eating alone. Anytime I eat with others it reminds me of when I used to have family dinners with my parents. It was always awkward and uncomfortable for me. They'd ask me tons of questions about all of my least favorite subjects, like school, and friends and things like that. But anytime I tried to talk to them about something I found interesting, they always just sort of ignored it. They'd just nod their head along, but not really listen. I really hated that.

Aw, this saddens me a lot because it happens to me. When I eat with my parents I have to search for a topic that we all can comment about because if I bring up a topic that I reaaaally like but they don't, they're just like "yeah, yeah, yeah." Love my parents, but they could improve in that aspect. *hugs you*

Either way so long as I am hungry I for the most part don't care so long as I can chow down.

That's the spirit! :)

Prefer to eat with my brothers, so we can discuss stuff. Always more entertaining!

Agree. Eating with my bro is always interesting and I always end up laughing even if the conversation goes bad!

• Brohoof 2

Either is fine. I have a lot more freedom choosing where to eat when I'm alone. At the same time, I always want to go eat with friends if we are together at anytime when we're hanging out since we usually just chat the whole time we're at the place.

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna be the different pony and say "with other people". 

Eating is boring, and having people to chat with motivates me to actually sit still and finish a full meal.

• Brohoof 2

Well food is food and I'll enjoy it more when eating alone and beside I have no 'such' manners at the table when eating with others, but I like to hang out and enjoy my meal with people. :)

• Brohoof 1

Alone. xD

Wow how did I miss the obvious. That is the biggest advantage to eating alone. I dont like it when people judge me and my Love for mayonnaise  ^_^ . When I'm along I can eat my meals with mayonnaise in peace  :squee: 

• Brohoof 2

I prefer to eat with family if they are around. I like eating with friends and acquaintances if I am out at a restaurant or something.

Either as long as it isnt a 1v1 meal :blink:

Boy am I terrible at talking with out some other people. It must be my fluttershy side showing.

Yeah, me too. :blush:

• Brohoof 3