Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Eating alone vs. eating with people

Bojo

I feel more comfortable when I eat alone. I don't have to worry about the people around me passing judgement on my manners.

However, I do enjoy having a good, hot meal with my family every now and then. Especially around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Edited by SomeMaineBrony
  • Brohoof 2

I like time to myself now and then with my food, but I find, mainly at dinner time, that I feel like it just doesn't taste as good without family around.

So I don't mind dining for breakfast, maybe lunch alone, but dinner I need my peeps!

• Brohoof 1

When I eat alone, I eat quite fast and I'm 100% comfortable because I really don't like being looked at when I eat.

If I'm being stared at, I will NOT touch my food.

• Brohoof 2

Sometimes it's nice to eat with other people,but i usually prefer eating by myself or in the same room as my family members.I prefer eating alone because I need less manners and can stuff my face if I want to without being judged.Have the same level of comfort eating with family as eating alone-still would stuff myself without a second thought.

• Brohoof 1

Thank you all for keeping this thread alive!

As you can see in my avatar, Twilight obviously does not care to eat alone or in company. I'd recommend you all to be just like her, you know, unless it's a date dinner or a formal occasion :)

It varies. When i'm hungry, i usually shove whatever i can scramble and be done with it. You don't need the presence of others to help yourself stuff your face full of food.

But i do like eating with friends though. We do lots of meetups and order pizza, getting our fill as we watch a movie or a series. In those situations, you don't need to eat because you're hungry, i suppose it's done for the sake of enjoying the food with your friends. Maybe this has to do with why in ancient times (in richer society anyway) it was customary to hold a feast in honor of an important guest?

• Brohoof 2

I prefer eating with other people. I like to talk about random stuff while I eat and I can't do so alone x)

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually at the point at which I can't enjoy a meal, properly, unless I eat it alone or with friends. With huge family gatherings, it's different, but I almost always have something I would like to do >while< eating. To eat for the purpose of eating, kind of feels like.. like I'm wasting the food, really. It is supposed to magnify the satisfaction I have when watching a show I love, for example, and not just be consumed and disappear forever like some crappy art. Sadly, that is what family used to be all about. Eating time was family time, It was more ritualistic and unrewarding than plucking weeds. And just as fun.

• Brohoof 2

I'm actually at the point at which I can't enjoy a meal, properly, unless I eat it alone or with friends. With huge family gatherings, it's different, but I almost always have something I would like to do >while< eating. To eat for the purpose of eating, kind of feels like.. like I'm wasting the food, really. It is supposed to magnify the satisfaction I have when watching a show I love, for example, and not just be consumed and disappear forever like some crappy art. Sadly, that is what family used to be all about. Eating time was family time, It was more ritualistic and unrewarding than plucking weeds. And just as fun.

I like the way you think, however, I personally like to enjoy food and give it the time it requires to do so. I can relate to what you say since there was a time when I began to always do a thing while eating, and in fact, the more I did so, the less appealing a meal was, for itself I mean. But hey, anypony can enjoy his/her meal however he/she wants to!

@@Bojo,

Aye

You seem to be on the same page as me, but not everyone is, and that is where problems might occur. I never have minded eating with friends, since we would always eat while pursuing something else, too. But family, then, would have meant to eat in the dining room in silence and with boring conversation. I say, thanks, but no thanks. No, Sir!

• Brohoof 2

@@Bojo,

Aye

You seem to be on the same page as me, but not everyone is, and that is where problems might occur. I never have minded eating with friends, since we would always eat while pursuing something else, too. But family, then, would have meant to eat in the dining room in silence and with boring conversation. I say, thanks, but no thanks. No, Sir!

Ohhh! Now I totally understand you! I know how that feels, I think meals with family tend to be boring because you are forced to eat with them in the room and most of the time, or, at least in my case... if I come up with a great topic I want to talk about, they just decide to say: 'oh, interesting...' and keep eating, while changing the topic. It doesn't feel right, but I still try to enjoy meals with family.  :)

I prefer to eat with large groups of friends. Whenever I eat with friends it just seems more fun. one time we had a contest to see who could stuff the most into thier mouth and I won with two pizza crusts, a muffin :muffins:, 3 grapes, a cookie, a chicken wing and some Pepsi to was it down. I also love making people laugh while drinking just to see thier faces go red trying to hold it in until they have finished drinking. I don't see why so many people like eating alone on here

• Brohoof 2

I feel awkward when I'm eating with people, so I tend to prefer to eat by myself. That, and I get to eat my food as if I'm a Type 1 Diabetic on low blood sugar (I'm Type 1, BTW). I just like eating food very quickly, and I never seem to get sick from it somehow.

EDIT: If I'm with friends, I'm okay with eating with others, but with family or strangers, I feel awkward.

Edited by (MARVEL) Blue Blood
  • Brohoof 1

Due to my Cibophobia, my entire diet consists of PB&J sandwiches, and french fries on occasion. Every once in a blue moon I have cheese pizza or some fruit, and I prefer to eat alone.

• Brohoof 1

it depends actually, Either of the two is fine for me, but if you want me to choose i'd say with company.

I mostly eat alone because of the time rush in school but I still prefer eating with friends because you can develop your bond even more, I like laughs and little conversation after eating or during you eat :).  It's like a whole family bonding on the diner table but with your friends flourishing your relationships

Edited by Nihi The Brony
  • Brohoof 2