Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I really want to start drawing ponies. I need help with creating a ponysona.

Are there any tips you can give me for creating a ponysona?  

Also, have any easy tips for drawing ponies?

• Brohoof 1

Well...you can always use this resource: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904

Alt: http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-v3-397808116

You can then work off of that making a personality and a backstory. What do you have in mind?

Well, what I used to do is study existent characters and create characters that have looks similar to maybe five different ponies. That's just to start though. After a while, the different combinations should help you with making your own characteristics, because you've done several unique ones by then. They will truly be unique when they come from your own mind though. Your own hairstyles, color combinations, looks and etc. So, just look at what can be made, and after so many of that, look at what you've made and create something new from it.

• Brohoof 1

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/01/pony-drawing-guides.html

If you are looking for guides on how to draw pone, they have a pretty encompassing list.

As for creating a ponysona, if you are going for a ponysona you want to create a pony variant of yourself. Try to include colors that may be your favorites, and hair styles you either want, or currently use. And for cutie mark go for somthing that you yourself are good at.

But if you are creating a "OC" then the world is your oyster, and you can really create anything.

I can't help with drawing, but as for ponifying yourself my #1 tip is to be honest. Understand your strengths and weaknesses, and use them to create a reflection of yourself. Know thyself, as it were :P

Choose a name, background, and race before drawing the character.  This will give you some direction.  Let's take my OC as an example.

post-3094-0-24381700-1402167661_thumb.png

Although I didn't draw Prince Thunderflare myself, all the choices in the design were my own and I found an artist that had the kind of style I thought fit with the character.  He has long legs because that gives the idea that he's tall and thin.  His cutie mark is a lightning bolt crossed with a sunbeam because that reflects his personality and one of his best talents.  His color scheme reflects his calm nature, but also how harsh and cold he can be.

Cool colors. This makes the ponysona pleasant looking for the eyes. No one wants to see colors that go poorly with one another, like Dark red and lime green (This is a terrible combination. Research combinations that artists agree with, and then you'll have your looks.

My tip for drawing ponies would be to make recolours or outlines to begin with, as that gets ye into the shape and maybe some anatomy too...

Though the best might be to look up some tutorials, grab a screenshot of a pony from the show and try to draw a base/skeleton to work with poses and such...

As for designing a ponysona, I guess you could take your own hairstyle for the mane and tail, pick a colour you prefer for the fur, and then maybe something that blends well with that colour in the hair colour. ..

Also consider what you'd prefer to be/think is more you when it comes to race (just avoid making an alicorn though, as most people seem to not be completely ok with that unless you make a really good backstory for it... Which in this case might resemble your own!)~