Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tag system not working right

Looking Glass
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

ive noticed if i try to look for posts that have a certain tag, i get no results. its strange, cause if i root through the forums manually to find the thread i want, i see several with the tag i was trying to search under, as well as on the thread I'm in. occasionally, it may return one result, and it does it no matter the tag.

any ideas why mlp forums won't search for threads or blog posts with the tag I'm looking for?

any ideas why mlp forums won't search for threads or blog posts with the tag I'm looking for?

I believe the tagging system is currently broken on IP Board, or at least on our forum. The Tech Admins have the issue on their to-do list , however more urgent needs come first. I'll see if I can get you a quote from one of the techies which should confirm what I said.

The tag system here has been broken for a long time, so it's not possible to find posts with specific prefixes or tags by clicking on them. I don't know if or when a solution to this will be devised, so I will go ahead and lock this topic.

That being said, you can use the advanced search to find posts with certain tags. Just enter in tags into the "Find tags" field, and separate them with commas if you have more than one. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I tested it and it seems to work at least somewhat.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Brohoof 1

The prefix system was fixed, but the trade-off was that the on-site search system sucked. It was deemed that overall search is more important than prefix and tag searching. Hopefully at some point IPB can fix their shit, so we can have both x)

• Brohoof 3