Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had the power to shape-shift into any animal, what animal would you pick?

Jennabun

Probably a snake, because it would fit my chinese zodiac. I also think that they're fascinating creatures.

• Brohoof 1

Probably either a wolf or fox since those are my two main favorite animals. I would like to be able to shape shift into either of those two and spend the day either in the woods as a fox or in the mountains as a wolf.

If the change happens instantly, then obviously an elephant. They'll never know what just sent them to kingdom come, because I transformed back instantly.

I'd be virtually unstoppable. It'd be like... that guy from naruto who can just shockwave people (or pull them) at his whim.

It's an antisocial skill to have, but a useful skill no less.

• Brohoof 2

I would love to shape-shift into a wolf. I've always liked those animals since they're very fast and can easily survive in the harsh cold. It would be even cooler if I could partial shape-shift. Then I could grow vicious wolf claws which I could use to defend myself if I had to :D

• 2 months later...

Not including fantasy animals, I'd love to turn into a dog. Would be a great opportunity to be happy and give a lot of happiness to humans.

Surprised at mostly lack of pony in this thread. :P

Everyone said this already, but I'd probably choose a falcon. For the fast flying, and before I transform I could yell out "Personally, I prefer the air!" 

• Brohoof 1

So if I was an Animorph with a busted morphing cube that only allowed one DNA sampling?

Well if only living animals, an elephant. Elephants are incredibly strong and tough. I could fight crime that way! 

"Yeah, go ahead, shoot! That handgun might as well be a nerf toy to me!"

Otherwise, if I was allowed to morph extinct creatures . . . .

Ankylosaurus, Hell yeah!

Ankylosaurus1.jpg

Forget crime, I'd could wage war with such a power! Enlist in the military, get sent right to the front lines, and internally laugh with glee as bad guys flee in terror of my head and tail. Hell, if the Corps. of engineers could figure out some kind of beak trigger, I wouldn't be adverse to having some heavy weapons mounted on my back or slung at my sides.

"Yeah I'm a living weapons platform! Get some!"  :angry:

Dakka-Dakka-Dakka-Dakka-Dakka

Edited by Steel Accord

• 1 year later...

Hmm, well...  certainly don't ever want capability to fly. I got a fear of depths! It's not the height or the falling, its the distance covered in so little time... and that sudden stop. Naaah, I ain't that sorta risk-taker!

Alternatively, I don't wanna be so small that I could get accidentally stepped on or so scary that someone might reflexively toss a rock at me and kill me...

Eh, to heck with it. I'd be a Hognose Snake.

Hognose.jpgDon't he look like a happy feller?

Besides, they're well known for their bag of survival tricks. Puff up, spit blood, waggle their tail instead, heck, even poop themselves in any vain attempt to get you to NOT try to squash them!

...and maybe I'd be a good size for a friend to just carry me around instead of having to walk all the time.

If I were to pick a fantasy creature, I would  pick a dragon, because flying, breathing fiery, and being super powerful would be all kinds of awesome.

If I had to pick a real animal, I would either pick some kind of big cat like a lion or tiger, or I would pick a polar bear.

​I think I would want to turn into a cat, so I can play with and talk to my cat.

​Or maybe an irish cob, they're such beautiful horses.  I think I would use myself as a mode of transportation so I can gallop about(hopefully some animal shelter won't try to pick me up...).

• Brohoof 3