Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would the Mane six ever kill?

Rarity Paige Belle

I don't think so, actually.

Even if somepony or something attacked and killed, say, Spike, I don't think they would kill the perpetrator. I honestly believe that in the end they would come to the conclusion that the criminal needs to be locked up, whether magically or in Tartarus.

I can't say that individual members of the Mane Six wouldn't though. I've noticed that Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity are the ones who are the most eager to blast Discord back to stone all the time, so maybe they'd fly off the deep end of a villain of some sort murdered a close one. They might be willing to do it.

But the Mane Six all together? I don't think that would happen. They have a reputation to uphold for one, and they would find a better way than murder to achieve their goals.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Um...Fluttershy?

Don't you know the quiet ones are always the most dangerous??

But nah, I don't think they'd kill...as in premeditated murder type killing. Or the kind of death scenes you get in anime.

Actually, they already have:

Yeah but OP already specified that it wouldn't be blasting an evildoer with magic. I think what we're going for here is 1st degree murder.

Edited by Space Woona
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)
Yeah but OP already specified that it wouldn't be blasting an evildoer with magic. I think what we're going for here is 1st degree murder.

I mean physically kill, without magic!

I knew someone would bring that up...

They didn't directly blast Sombra.But even if the Mane Six assisted in that, does that necessarily mean that they mean to kill Sombra? They had no idea that would kill Sombra anyway.

Besides, I think that Rarity Paige Belle is actually talking about physically killing someone, no magic involved. Like I guess dropping a rock on a pony or something that would actually kill them the old fashioned way? It's hard to tell.

Edit: Well, looks like you got your answer!

My bad. :)

Well then no, I don't think they can show that on a TV-Y show.

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

Actually, they already have:

I knew someone would bring that up...

They didn't directly blast Sombra.But even if the Mane Six assisted in that, does that necessarily mean that they mean to kill Sombra? They had no idea that would kill Sombra anyway.

Besides, I think that Rarity Paige Belle is actually talking about physically killing someone, no magic involved. Like I guess dropping a rock on a pony or something that would actually kill them the old fashioned way? It's hard to tell.

Edit: Well, looks like you got your answer!

Edited by Rainblow Hash
  • Brohoof 1

But Fluttershy already has a cottage full of bodies....

And if they were in a more realalistic show, I'm sure at some point they would be pushed over the edge and kill. Leading to a whole episode about it, and how bad they feel. But since the show is rated for toddlers and children other than a very vauge "blasting to dust" I don't think we'll ever see a full blown physical death.

But in reality, if the mane 6 were to exist, in some point in fighting the changling army, or whatever villain of the month showed up this time they'd kill. As none have shown to posess a "Batman" esk phycie.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@, But I'm pretty sure they would have had no personal problems having intended to kill Sombra anyhow. I mean, it's not like he was about to enslave the entire crystal pony population anyway lol

But Fluttershy already has a cottage full of bodies....

And again, I say...It's always the quiet ones who are the most dangerous :lol:

Edited by Space Woona

But in reality, if the mane 6 were to exist, in some point in fighting the changling army, or whatever villain of the month showed up this time they'd kill. As none have shown to posess a "Batman" esk phycie.

Interesting point, but for some reason I was thinking of it on a more personal level. Perhaps during a war the Mane Six could rationalize it, but I was thinking of them as a group killing another living thing, and for some reason that's actually hard for me to see. If we're talking about like the six of them ganging up and beating a villain to death with their hooves or something, that seems unnaturally violent for the six of them.

Obvious answer: No, of course not, it's a kid's show.

More realistic answer: I doubt any of them could really be driven to consider murder. I wouldn't say it's impossible that a villain may meet their demise while the Mane 6 were trying to stop them, or even that the Mane 6 might do some damage to said villain if he had injured or killed someone close to them, but I don't think they'd consider killing another creature outright even as a last resort.

@, But I'm pretty sure they would have had no personal problems having intended to kill Sombra anyhow. I mean, it's not like he was about to enslave the entire crystal pony population anyway lol

Perhaps, but like I said, a magical blast is way different than killing somepony or something with their bare hooves. If the Mane Six knew a magic blast would kill Sombra completely and that would stop him, they might do it.

But if Sombra wasn't a giant shadow pony and was just his normal self but still evil? I can't picture the Mane Six pummeling him to death with their hooves. That just seems... unrealistic, even if they are dealing with an evil pony slave master.

Interesting point, but for some reason I was thinking of it on a more personal level. Perhaps during a war the Mane Six could rationalize it, but I was thinking of them as a group killing another living thing, and for some reason that's actually hard for me to see. If we're talking about like the six of them ganging up and beating a villain to death with their hooves or something, that seems unnaturally violent for the six of them.

I like like if they were to exist in a world similar to ours were violence is more commonplace, and history is littered with wars, that they would kill. They would search for ways to rationalize it I'm sure, but if they were to exist outside a peaceful tv-y technicolor world, killing would not seem that unnaturally violent for them.

You say physically with no magic. What's the difference though? :P

You mean killing somepony else with like an axe or something? Well, if Tirek is considered the most dangerous villain they had and he only sucked out their ... power/magic but didn't actually kill anypony, then no. I don't think they could ever kill anyone else (in character).

I like like if they were to exist in a world similar to ours were violence is more commonplace, and history is littered with wars, that they would kill. They would search for ways to rationalize it I'm sure, but if they were to exist outside a peaceful tv-y technicolor world, killing would not seem that unnaturally violent for them.

There are people who live in our current world who would fine it extremely hard for them to beat someone to death with their bare fists and hands. It might happen by accident in some cases where a mob just meant to beat someone and not kill them, but there are plenty of folks who would find physically beating someone to death extremely hard to do.

Even if the Mane Six lived in an Equestria that was similar to our world, the thought of them honestly laying a beat down so severe on someone that they die is hard to actually picture. Heck, even if you tossed them some swords or knives or something, it still doesn't seem to sit well with me.

Now, as I said before, individually perhaps one of them could do it if there was enough rage involved. I could see Applejack wanting revenge if someone harmed her family and perhaps even killed an Apple. But the Mane Six just sentencing a villain to death by beating/stabbing? That doesn't seem right.

Just my opinion, though.

• Brohoof 1

There are people who live in our current world who would fine it extremely hard for them to beat someone to death with their bare fists and hands. It might happen by accident in some cases where a mob just meant to beat someone and not kill them, but there are plenty of folks who would find physically beating someone to death extremely hard to do.

Even if the Mane Six lived in an Equestria that was similar to our world, the thought of them honestly laying a beat down so severe on someone that they die is hard to actually picture. Heck, even if you tossed them some swords or knives or something, it still doesn't seem to sit well with me.

Now, as I said before, individually perhaps one of them could do it if there was enough rage involved. I could see Applejack wanting revenge if someone harmed her family and perhaps even killed an Apple. But the Mane Six just sentencing a villain to death by beating/stabbing? That doesn't seem right.

Just my opinion, though.

Going by how they are willing to throw punches and fire magical beams in a world were physical violence is near unheard of, it is decently safe to suggest that the mane 6 do not show that much of a leaning towards non-violent solutions in certain cases. Not a single one tried negotiating with the changelings, instead they ran out and began a fight montage, with rarity physically hitting them. If they are willing to enact physical violence in a tv-y rated world, then I see no reason why they would not be privy to higher forms of violence in areas were the tv rating does not restrict portrayal of violence.

And I'm sure if a villain were to murder the CMC and desecrate their corpses in full view of the mane 6, they would have no qualms using weapons or heavy objects to end that villain's life.

• Brohoof 3

Going by how they are willing to throw punches and fire magical beams in a world were physical violence is near unheard of, it is decently safe to suggest that the mane 6 do not show that much of a leaning towards non-violent solutions in certain cases. Not a single one tried negotiating with the changelings, instead they ran out and began a fight montage, with rarity physically hitting them. If they are willing to enact physical violence in a tv-y rated world, then I see no reason why they would not be privy to higher forms of violence in areas were the tv rating does not restrict portrayal of violence.

And I'm sure if a villain were to murder the CMC and desecrate their corpses in full view of the mane 6, they would have no qualms using weapons or heavy objects to end that villain's life.

That's true, but that's still in war time and very impersonal. To me that almost doesn't count.

I don't believe we've encountered that caliber of villain in the world of My Little Pony yet, but I find it very hard to disagree with you on that.

(edited)
highly doubt the mane six would come close to physically kill some pony. It would kill the show, IMO. Edited by Thunder-Wing

That's true, but that's still in war time and very impersonal. To me that almost doesn't count.

I don't believe we've encountered that caliber of villain in the world of My Little Pony yet, but I find it very hard to disagree with you on that.

If they made Tirek like his G1 self I could well imagine him killing the CMC! After all he threatened to behead G1 Spike!

If they made Tirek like his G1 self I could well imagine him killing the CMC! After all he threatened to behead G1 Spike!

Oh, no doubt there are villains that would be willing to kill, such as G1 Tirek. I mean, decapitating a baby dragon is pretty serious.

But the corpse desecration part is pretty... extreme, even for Tirek.

• Brohoof 2

But if they existed outside their tv-y world, then in that war scenario they would most likely kill changelings. Maybe even Cyrsalils as she just invaded their homeland. And even while it may be impersonal, the question of the day was would they ever kill. And a kill is still a kill regardless of how personal or how emotionally fueled it is.