Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would the Mane six ever kill?

Rarity Paige Belle

But if they existed outside their tv-y world, then in that war scenario they would most likely kill changelings. Maybe even Cyrsalils as she just invaded their homeland. And even while it may be impersonal, the question of the day was would they ever kill. And a kill is still a kill regardless of how personal or how emotionally fueled it is.

Perhaps, and I suppose the situation does allow for one to say "outside of their TV-Y World", but it seems like you're adding too many factors here. If we're talking about the Mane Six pulled straight from the television show, I would almost say that it's false that they would kill Changelings and Chrysalis. I do believe, even if the Mane Six do seem to resort to violence to solve many problems, that killing is still something they wouldn't take lightly. Outside of TV-Y perhaps, but the Mane Six are part of a TV-Y world and that seems like a silly stipulation.

Now if you threw in circumstances at them like you did with the villain who is also a crazy body desecrator, I could see it, but the Changelings and Chrysalis also didn't kill anypony as far as we know, so perhaps the Mane Six don't see a reason to kill them either.

• Brohoof 2

Oh, no doubt there are villains that would be willing to kill, such as G1 Tirek. I mean, decapitating a baby dragon is pretty serious.

But the corpse desecration part is pretty... extreme, even for Tirek.

Tirek is efficient, he won't waste time on desecration

If they made Tirek like his G1 self I could well imagine him killing the CMC! After all he threatened to behead G1 Spike!

Plenty of people in G1 were like that. The Smooze would just destroy anything in its way and Lavan was doing his best to blast them to ash

OT: Depends. If it is in the heat of battle, definitely. Twilight was going for the kill against Tirek, don't tell me that magic beam was held back, she was trying to kill him. But if their opponent is already beaten? No, then they won't kill them. Even if they do kill, they'd be horribly regretful afterwards. 

People can do weird things when enraged, but they wouldn't kill if their opponent was beaten or begging for their life. 

I don't think it could ever happen. It doesn't fit the MLP appeal and story dynamic. I'd hate to rehash what others have said but it just doesn't work. In their world, there is no need to kill anyone. Not even Tirek or Arizotyl. It doesn't even remotely fit the world of equestria. And its for this reason I think it could never happen. and sorry if someone posted this before me and i appear to be saying the same shit over and over...

Tirek is efficient, he won't waste time on desecration

Plenty of people in G1 were like that. The Smooze would just destroy anything in its way and Lavan was doing his best to blast them to ash

OT: Depends. If it is in the heat of battle, definitely. Twilight was going for the kill against Tirek, don't tell me that magic beam was held back, she was trying to kill him. But if their opponent is already beaten? No, then they won't kill them. Even if they do kill, they'd be horribly regretful afterwards. 

People can do weird things when enraged, but they wouldn't kill if their opponent was beaten or begging for their life.

Although the most ruthless character in the whole of MLP was Megan. Where the Mane six would be oohing and arghing and worrying over killing enemies, Megan just did it!

• Brohoof 1

Although the most ruthless character in the whole of MLP was Megan. Where the Mane six would be oohing and arghing and worrying over killing enemies, Megan just did it!

Humans are cruel beasts who murder and slaughter.

MLP confirms this. Most Evil of all: (WO)MAN!

• Brohoof 1

Perhaps, and I suppose the situation does allow for one to say "outside of their TV-Y World", but it seems like you're adding too many factors here. If we're talking about the Mane Six pulled straight from the television show, I would almost say that it's false that they would kill Changelings and Chrysalis. I do believe, even if the Mane Six do seem to resort to violence to solve many problems, that killing is still something they wouldn't take lightly. Outside of TV-Y perhaps, but the Mane Six are part of a TV-Y world and that seems like a silly stipulation.

Now if you threw in circumstances at them like you did with the villain who is also a crazy body desecrator, I could see it, but the Changelings and Chrysalis also didn't kill anypony as far as we know, so perhaps the Mane Six don't see a reason to kill them either.

I'd go to say that if you pulled them straight from their tv-y world, they would kill, as they are already using physical violence in a tv-y world. And to call it a silly stipulation is rather incorect as we know they cannot kill in their current cartoon, because it is rated for small children. So they will never kill, as they are characters in a childrens tv show, in order to have a debate about weather or not they would kill, you must remove them from the largest limitation they have in that regard. While they may not take it lightly, they have been shown to be physically violent in a world were death has never happened on screen. So while killing may not be easy for them, it is fairly easy to concive of them doing it.

I don't think it could ever happen. It doesn't fit the MLP appeal and story dynamic. I'd hate to rehash what others have said but it just doesn't work. In their world, there is no need to kill anyone. Not even Tirek or Arizotyl. It doesn't even remotely fit the world of equestria. And its for this reason I think it could never happen. and sorry if someone posted this before me and i appear to be saying the same shit over and over...

In G1 plenty of enemies were killed. Not banished to the moon or Tartarus, but properly killed!

I'd go to say that if you pulled them straight from their tv-y world, they would kill, as they are already using physical violence in a tv-y world. And to call it a silly stipulation is rather incorect as we know they cannot kill in their current cartoon, because it is rated for small children. So they will never kill, as they are characters in a childrens tv show, in order to have a debate about weather or not they would kill, you must remove them from the largest limitation they have in that regard. While they may not take it lightly, they have been shown to be physically violent in a world were death has never happened on screen. So while killing may not be easy for them, it is fairly easy to concive of them doing it.

I wouldn't say it's "fairly easy". Of course I can imagine one of the Mane Six ruthlessly killing an enemy, but that doesn't mean that's realistic for them. Yes, they resort to violence on the show, but I think we must all agree that it the circumstances would indeed have to be extreme for the Mane Six to kill something. If there was a big baddie who took over, say, Appleloosa and they had to go stop him or her, I doubt they would just up and kill them. They would likely resort to magic or rainbow power or what have you beforehand.

To sum it up: I do believe that you are right that Mane Six could kill under certain circumstances, but I don't think that would be their first choice as a group.

In G1 plenty of enemies were killed. Not banished to the moon or Tartarus, but properly killed!

Actual cold blooded murder in MLP? what sorcery is this?! Maybe I should watch G1. . . I only became interested in ponies with G4. But damn, it sounds worth watching now. I won't watch G3 though, you can't pay me to. . .

Only Tirek, Lavan, and Grogar.

I thought the only ones who were spared were the three witch sisters. Hydia and the other two whose names escape me.

Actual cold blooded murder in MLP? what sorcery is this?! Maybe I should watch G1. . . I only became interested in ponies with G4. But damn, it sounds worth watching now. I won't watch G3 though, you can't pay me to. . .

You should! G1 was brutal compared to FiM! For instance there's a race of ponies called the twinkle eyed ponies, and the reason why they are twinkle eyed is frankly disturbing!

I thought the only ones who were spared were the three witch sisters. Hydia and the other two whose names escape me.

You should! G1 was brutal compared to FiM! For instance there's a race of ponies called the twinkle eyed ponies, and the reason why they are twinkle eyed is frankly disturbing!

Also, there's Catrina, her lizard servant, the two monkeys, Somnambula, Zeb, or Arabus, to name a few from the series proper

• Brohoof 1

Very interesting. I guess I'll go check out G1 mlp. but how good can it possibly be? It was made for girls and I am a fully grown man. . . maybe my perceptions of girls shows needs adjustment. Damn.

Very interesting. I guess I'll go check out G1 mlp. but how good can it possibly be? It was made for girls and I am a fully grown man. . . maybe my perceptions of girls shows needs adjustment. Damn.

I think you're forgetting that FiM is foremost a girls show! In fact I'd say that G1 was less girly than FiM!

Just skip all the parts with the ponies and get to the villains

I think you're forgetting that FiM is foremost a girls show! In fact I'd say that G1 was less girly than FiM!

Only when they're doing action stuff, otherwise, it's girly as Hell.

Care Bears is where it's at.

DAAARRRRKKKK HEAAARRRRTTTT

care-bears-movie-2-a-new-generation-dark

POOOOOWWEEEERRRR

1175271098_1.jpg

Yea but fim has an artificial nostalgia appeal. at least it does to me. Its innocence and genuinely tremendous heart appeals to me despite all the girly stuff. It makes me feel like a child again as if I was introduced to it as a child. No other western toon has ever done this to me without being actually nostalgic. Fim is REALLY well made and I love it so much. That's good to hear that G1 is less girly than fim, I should have no problems sitting through it. Oh and sorry about derailing your thread. . .

On topic: Fim is set up in an innocent way and crimes like murder aren't fitting for their world. Their world isn't turmoil free but it just doesn't have stuff like murder. The world is surprisingly believable though, or atleast just enough not be nitpicked openly by the majority of people exposed to it.

Just skip all the parts with the ponies and get to the villains

Only when they're doing action stuff, otherwise, it's girly as Hell.

Yea, I am definitely gonna do that. I want to see how they handle things like villains and fights only. Thanks for the heads up.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, but only if they had no other choice in the matter. Rainbow Dash and Applejack are the most likely to use lethal force while Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are the least likely. It would have to be an extreme life threatening situation to drive any of them to do something like that.

If they made Tirek like his G1 self I could well imagine him killing the CMC! After all he threatened to behead G1 Spike!

As awesome as G1 Tirek is while G4 Tirek didn't threaten to behead anyone he is more than bloodthirsty enough to do it if he had a chance.

Going by how they are willing to throw punches and fire magical beams in a world were physical violence is near unheard of, it is decently safe to suggest that the mane 6 do not show that much of a leaning towards non-violent solutions in certain cases. Not a single one tried negotiating with the changelings, instead they ran out and began a fight montage, with rarity physically hitting them. If they are willing to enact physical violence in a tv-y rated world, then I see no reason why they would not be privy to higher forms of violence in areas were the tv rating does not restrict portrayal of violence.

And I'm sure if a villain were to murder the CMC and desecrate their corpses in full view of the mane 6, they would have no qualms using weapons or heavy objects to end that villain's life.

I agree with everything you have said fully. Yea, of course they can't even bruise a villain with the Y rating the show currently has. But if the show was even PG then I could EASILY see one of the mane 6 getting pushed over the edge by a bad guy of sorts and beating said villain to death.

I could see all of them except for Fluttershy killing, depending on the circumstances.  For the Batty one, she'd have to be certifiably insane in order to kill, unless we're talking about worms and fish.

Yes, but only if they had no other choice in the matter. Rainbow Dash and Applejack are the most likely to use lethal force while Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are the least likely. It would have to be an extreme life threatening situation to drive any of them to do something like that.

As awesome as G1 Tirek is while G4 Tirek didn't threaten to behead anyone he is more than bloodthirsty enough to do it if he had a chance.

I still think that G1 Tirek was far more bloodthirsty than his G4 counterpart. For instance G1 Tirek wouldn't have bothered trying to turn Discord, he would've just killed him!

I still think that G1 Tirek was far more bloodthirsty than his G4 counterpart. For instance G1 Tirek wouldn't have bothered trying to turn Discord, he would've just killed him!

Then G1 Tirek would've gotten annihilated by Discord, unless he could hit him with the Rainbow of Darkness.

Remember, the only reason G4 Tirek spent time turning Discord into an ally was because Discord could've easily beaten him since he was so weak. Heck, Discord probably could've taken him on up until he had gotten all that Alicorn power.

I think Discord could've been a suitable match for G1 Tirek in a fight.

The only reason G4 Tirek didn't kill Discord is because he wanted to drain his magic but knew he wasn't strong enough to do that until he absorbed more magic.

Then G1 Tirek would've gotten annihilated by Discord, unless he could hit him with the Rainbow of Darkness.

Remember, the only reason G4 Tirek spent time turning Discord into an ally was because Discord could've easily beaten him since he was so weak. Heck, Discord probably could've taken him on up until he had gotten all that Alicorn power.

I think Discord could've been a suitable match for G1 Tirek in a fight.

The Rainbow of Darkness held the Rainbow of Light at bay briefly, the G1 version of the Elements.

If Tirek can use it the Rainbow of Darkness, Discord is screwed

The Rainbow of Darkness held the Rainbow of Light at bay briefly, the G1 version of the Elements.

If Tirek can use it the Rainbow of Darkness, Discord is screwed

But then again, what if it doesn't work against him? It was never really clear how the Rainbow of Darkness worked. Since Discord is a being of chaos, it might work against him, as chaos isn't inherently good or evil and the Elements worked against him. But it's a toss up either way to me. I guess if the Elements can work against him so can the Rainbow of Darkness, but it would depend on who gets the first shot in.

I still think there would be a fight there and not just Discord getting stomped. Unless of course Tirek whips out that backhand that he used on Scorpan, then Discord really doesn't stand a chance.

And wow did I respond to you fast, you quoted me right when I came back on, ha ha.