Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would the Mane six ever kill?

Rarity Paige Belle

Hmm.

This is a pretty difficult question to answer, honestly.

As far as the show goes, they wouldn't. I don't think Hasbro would try to place death in MLP.

Now for their characters...I would say in dire circumstances. Like, if there was no other way.

A last resort, if you will.

@,

Discord is too cocky to be serious. He'll start blathering like a moron and let Tirek take a shot at him 

Maybe, but Discord was actually pretty serious when he confronted Tirek. You see how no-nonsense his face was when Tirek tried to blast him? If it wasn't for Tirek wanting to talk to him and convince him to join him, Tirek would've been dog food.

G1 Tirek doesn't seem like he would be able to stall Discord through words, he'd just want to fight him. As much of a goofball as Discord is, I think he would've reacted had he been after G1 Tirek.

I think it would've been a more equal fight than you think. I'm not saying Discord is going to stomp him, but I don't think G1 Tirek could just destroy him so easily.

Maybe, but Discord was actually pretty serious when he confronted Tirek. You see how no-nonsense his face was when Tirek tried to blast him? If it wasn't for Tirek wanting to talk to him and convince him to join him, Tirek would've been dog food.

Except for the fact that even so, Discord left himself wide open. Tirek was weak enough for it to work, the Rainbow isn't

G1 Tirek doesn't seem like he would be able to stall Discord through words, he'd just want to fight him. As much of a goofball as Discord is, I think he would've reacted had he been after G1 Tirek.

He won't stall indeed, he'll just outright blast him. Which doesn't bode well for someone who talks a lot

Well, we have seen Applejack buck timberwolves into splinters. 

Thing is there is accidentally (we had to knock out that evil pony sorcerer before he blew that other pony up and I hit something vital), and premeditatedly.  Arguably sending Tirek to Tartarus is worse than killing him. 

It is something the ponies would generally avoid doing.  The time I see it as most possible is with a magically capable opponent who even when significantly damaged is a real threat, where you have to score the KO and it is easy to overdo it.

Except for the fact that even so, Discord left himself wide open. Tirek was weak enough for it to work, the Rainbow isn't

He won't stall indeed, he'll just outright blast him. Which doesn't bode well for someone who talks a lot

Discord didn't leave himself wide open at all. G4 Tirek tried to blast him and Discord dodged it with ease. I don't think Discord left himself open at all...

Well, actually he did. Not physically, but mentally, and that's how Tirek got him. By using emotions to fool him into helping him. As good as Discord is at manipulation, Tirek hit him in his evil pride, and that worked wonders.

Discord talks a lot, but he also knew who Tirek was and what he was dealing with. If it was G1 Tirek instead, he wouldn't give Discord a chance to run his mouth like G4 Tirek did. He would try to blast him, and Discord would dodge just as fast as he did when G4 Tirek tried to blast him. That's just how I see it.

@,

The Rainbow of Darkness isn't really dodgable, it's more like a stream of poisonous gas. If Discord tried to pull the trick he did on Tirek, he'd get hit anyway 

@,

The Rainbow of Darkness isn't really dodgable, it's more like a stream of poisonous gas. If Discord tried to pull the trick he did on Tirek, he'd get hit anyway 

One could argue that the Elemental blast isn't dodgeable from the Elements of Harmony either, as it seems to home right in on whatever the Mane Six are targeting.

Either way, it boils down to the fact that G1 Tirek needs that Rainbow of Darkness to beat him. Without it, all he has is his pimp slap, and while that's cool and all, Discord could beat that. Plus, Discord might be able to use his magic to steal the bag that keeps the Rainbow of Darkness, unless it's protected by some kind of magic that lets only Tirek hold it.

This is actually making me wonder about the origins of the Rainbow of Darkness... but that's a story for another time.

One could argue that the Elemental blast isn't dodgeable from the Elements of Harmony either, as it seems to home right in on whatever the Mane Six are targeting.

That is correct. Snips and Snails tried to dodge it and it just curved in on them. Doesn't help it apparently has a chain effect as well

Either way, it boils down to the fact that G1 Tirek needs that Rainbow of Darkness to beat him. Without it, all he has is his pimp slap, and while that's cool and all, Discord could beat that. Plus, Discord might be able to use his magic to steal the bag that keeps the Rainbow of Darkness, unless it's protected by some kind of magic that lets only Tirek hold it.

Why would Discord think to steal it? This battle depends on prep. If Discord knows about Tirek and goes in there prepared, he wins via stealing the the bag.

If not, he'll gloat and Tirek blasts him into a toad or something

This is actually making me wonder about the origins of the Rainbow of Darkness... but that's a story for another time

I guess Tirek made it 

That is correct. Snips and Snails tried to dodge it and it just curved in on them. Doesn't help it apparently has a chain effect as well

Why would Discord think to steal it? This battle depends on prep. If Discord knows about Tirek and goes in there prepared, he wins via stealing the the bag.

If not, he'll gloat and Tirek blasts him into a toad or something

I guess Tirek made it 

Yeah, it seems like the "ultimate magic" artifacts in My Little Pony mostly have some kind of homing effect, so you'd either have to be very fast to outrun it or be able to block/counter it.

I was just pointing out that Discord could steal it, not that he would think so. Honestly, the bag that has the Rainbow of Darkness is so inconspicuous, Discord might think it's Tirek's lunch or something.

That would be one weird looking toad.

I think Tirek could have whipped the ponies' collective flank with the Rainbow of Darkness instead of sitting in his castle and making Scorpan capture them for him, but I guess he just really wanted that dang chariot before whipping out its full power.

Yeah, it seems like the "ultimate magic" artifacts in My Little Pony mostly have some kind of homing effect, so you'd either have to be very fast to outrun it or be able to block/counter it.

Yeah, outrunning them is an effort in futility, you have to take it head on and hope you tank it

I was just pointing out that Discord could steal it, not that he would think so. Honestly, the bag that has the Rainbow of Darkness is so inconspicuous, Discord might think it's Tirek's lunch or something.

Exactly

That would be one weird looking toad

Not really, he turned butterflies into dragons

I think Tirek could have whipped the ponies' collective flank with the Rainbow of Darkness instead of sitting in his castle and making Scorpan capture them for him, but I guess he just really wanted that dang chariot before whipping out its full power.

Since the Rainbow can be swiped, it was actually being cautious to stay in the castle. His goal is to make an everlasting night and he needs the chariot to do that(to spread the magic worldwide). If he himself went out, eventually, someone would realize that the freaking thing around his neck is dangerous and steal it, thus screwing him over 

Yeah, outrunning them is an effort in futility, you have to take it head on and hope you tank it

Exactly

Not really, he turned butterflies into dragons

Since the Rainbow can be swiped, it was actually being cautious to stay in the castle. His goal is to make an everlasting night and he needs the chariot to do that(to spread the magic worldwide). If he himself went out, eventually, someone would realize that the freaking thing around his neck is dangerous and steal it, thus screwing him over 

Though it looked like nothing could tank the Elements of Harmony, same with the Rainbow Power Blast, so it looks like the Power of Friendship trumps all!

By the toad comment I just meant that Discord is a freaking spirit of chaos, if you turn him into a toad, he might be like a half toad half dragon half pony or something. And who knows, maybe if you turn Discord into something he could just change right back, he can very easily shape shift after all.

True, perhaps Tirek was practicing strategy, but couldn't he just blast anypony that tried to swipe it from him? He is a huge menacing centaur after all, it's not like most of the ponies could take him on. Then again, I guess a Unicorn could steal it then wink out, or a Pegasus like Firefly could just fly up and snatch it, so I guess you could be right and it really was for the best that he stayed in his castle until he was ready.

Though it looked like nothing could tank the Elements of Harmony, same with the Rainbow Power Blast, so it looks like the Power of Friendship trumps all!

No, the fact that they didn't even consider the Elements to fight Tirek suggests they weren't enough. Tirek might have been able to eat them or simply tank them

By the toad comment I just meant that Discord is a freaking spirit of chaos, if you turn him into a toad, he might be like a half toad half dragon half pony or something. And who knows, maybe if you turn Discord into something he could just change right back, he can very easily shape shift after all.

Discord can also easily teleport, he was helpless in Tirek's grip. His magic can be overpowered

True, perhaps Tirek was practicing strategy, but couldn't he just blast anypony that tried to swipe it from him? He is a huge menacing centaur after all, it's not like most of the ponies could take him on. Then again, I guess a Unicorn could steal it then wink out, or a Pegasus like Firefly could just fly up and snatch it, so I guess you could be right and it really was for the best that he stayed in his castle until he was ready.

They already did snatch it in the climax, it's only a matter of time before someone gets lucky enough. Besides, he needs to sleep too, there's going to be someone who can grab it then

No, the fact that they didn't even consider the Elements to fight Tirek suggests they weren't enough. Tirek might have been able to eat them or simply tank them

Discord can also easily teleport, he was helpless in Tirek's grip. His magic can be overpowered

They already did snatch it in the climax, it's only a matter of time before someone gets lucky enough. Besides, he needs to sleep too, there's going to be someone who can grab it then

The Elements were stuck inside of the Tree of Harmony, they couldn't consider the Elements at all. I think they could've defeated Tirek with them, at least before he turned into that giant magic version of himself.

Tirek had just absorbed the magical power of three Alicorn Princesses and hundreds of other ponies, it makes sense that Discord was helpless in his grip. Turning Discord into a toad probably wouldn't work in my book because he can change forms, but draining his magic would make it so that he can no longer shape shift.

Well I know that, I watched movie about a month ago. But to me it boils down to Tirek should've just started blasting all his enemies with the Rainbow instead of just keeping it in the bag and saving it to turn ponies into those beasts to pull his chariot. I think the real reason he wanted the chariot was for the Eternal Night part and not so the bag couldn't be snatched. I don't remember the dialogue exactly but I think he needed the chariot to bring about the Night and without it he couldn't.

• Brohoof 1

Tirek had just absorbed the magical power of three Alicorn Princesses and hundreds of other ponies, it makes sense that Discord was helpless in his grip. Turning Discord into a toad probably wouldn't work in my book because he can change forms, but draining his magic would make it so that he can no longer shape shift.

No, he hadn't gotten alicorn magic at that point. And I mean that Discord couldn't teleport out of Tirek's telekinesis

Well I know that, I watched movie about a month ago. But to me it boils down to Tirek should've just started blasting all his enemies with the Rainbow instead of just keeping it in the bag and saving it to turn ponies into those beasts to pull his chariot. I think the real reason he wanted the chariot was for the Eternal Night part and not so the bag couldn't be snatched. I don't remember the dialogue exactly but I think he needed the chariot to bring about the Night and without it he couldn't.

Yes, he said "without ponies, I can't pull my chariot of midnight"

I guess when combined with the chariot the Rainbow is stronger? 

No, he hadn't gotten alicorn magic at that point. And I mean that Discord couldn't teleport out of Tirek's telekinesis

Yes, he said "without ponies, I can't pull my chariot of midnight"

I guess when combined with the chariot the Rainbow is stronger? 

Wait, are you sure about that? I don't remember Tirek ever being able to capture Discord without the Alicorn magic. I watched both parts twice and I don't recall that at all. Do you remember the specific part that that happened?

Ah, I thought so. Guess my memory isn't as bad as I thought!

Yeah, maybe that's what it is. Maybe the Rainbow can only be used to transform captured ponies into those beasts, and once the chariot has enough beasts its rider can make the Rainbow of Darkness much stronger. That actually makes sense in a way, especially if the Rainbow's main use is to bring about Eternal Night!

I'm betting Nightmare Moon is wishing she had that baby for herself, would've made her job a lot easier, huh?

• Brohoof 1

Wait, are you sure about that? I don't remember Tirek ever being able to capture Discord without the Alicorn magic. I watched both parts twice and I don't recall that at all. Do you remember the specific part that that happened?

This is before he ate Twilight's magic

Yeah, maybe that's what it is. Maybe the Rainbow can only be used to transform captured ponies into those beasts, and once the chariot has enough beasts its rider can make the Rainbow of Darkness much stronger. That actually makes sense in a way, especially if the Rainbow's main use is to bring about Eternal Night!

Indeed, it does make a lot of sense as to why he was so damn persistent about the chariot and its pullers being perfect. With that said, I think that Tirek can only win if he has the Chariot and the Rainbow with him, considering how he didn't even try to fight before hand. 

I'm betting Nightmare Moon is wishing she had that baby for herself, would've made her job a lot easier, huh?

Definitely, Tirek G1 is like NMM Version 1.0, though unlike NMM, he doesn't waste time cutting off the mustaches of sea dragons.

There are parallels, oddly enough, but different than expected

Tirek=Nightmare Moon=Eternal night, first villain, dark color scheme, have magic that turns people evil

Smooze=Discord=Massively powerful entity, capable of resisting most attacks, more like a force of nature

Katrina=Chrysalis=Gain their power though dishonest means, have to continously use this "drug" to power up

Grogar=Sombra=Slaves, banished kingdom, emperor

Lavan=Tirek=Stealing magic, transforming, being defeated when the ponies who he stole magic from regain magic

• Brohoof 1

This is before he ate Twilight's magic

Indeed, it does make a lot of sense as to why he was so damn persistent about the chariot and its pullers being perfect. With that said, I think that Tirek can only win if he has the Chariot and the Rainbow with him, considering how he didn't even try to fight before hand. 

Definitely, Tirek G1 is like NMM Version 1.0, though unlike NMM, he doesn't waste time cutting off the mustaches of sea dragons.

There are parallels, oddly enough, but different than expected

Tirek=Nightmare Moon=Eternal night, first villain, dark color scheme, have magic that turns people evil

Smooze=Discord=Massively powerful entity, capable of resisting most attacks, more like a force of nature

Katrina=Chrysalis=Gain their power though dishonest means, have to continously use this "drug" to power up

Grogar=Sombra=Slaves, banished kingdom, emperor

Lavan=Tirek=Stealing magic, transforming, being defeated when the ponies who he stole magic from regain magic

*Smacks self*

Dude how did I forget that Twilight had all of their magic?

Regardless, Tirek had sucked out all the magic of Earth Ponies, Pegasi, and Unicorns, it still makes sense that he was able to hold Discord. That's a lot of magic, and I can understand Discord not being able to counter it.

Maybe Tirek is kind of useless without them, but I bring up that backhand because it looks deadly. Maybe Tirek could just go around backhanding all the ponies. Maybe he could even backhand the sun and tell it to go away to bring about that Eternal Night.

And dude... maybe the villains really are parallels to the older villains! Discord and the Smooze are kind of shaky, but you're right about them being more of a force of nature, so I guess it still counts.

Admittedly, I'm partial to Grogar myself and was hoping he'd come back at some point, but I know some Bronies aren't huge fans of bringing back a bunch of G1 villains, but hey, a lot of the characters and inspiration are from previous generations, so I want me some Grogar, darn it!

Regardless, Tirek had sucked out all the magic of Earth Ponies, Pegasi, and Unicorns, it still makes sense that he was able to hold Discord. That's a lot of magic, and I can understand Discord not being able to counter it.

Oh, I know, I'm just saying that your hax can be overpowered, teleporters can't teleport out, shapeshifters can't shift, etc.

Maybe Tirek is kind of useless without them, but I bring up that backhand because it looks deadly. Maybe Tirek could just go around backhanding all the ponies. Maybe he could even backhand the sun and tell it to go away to bring about that Eternal Night.  

Don't forget when his whip

And dude... maybe the villains really are parallels to the older villains! Discord and the Smooze are kind of shaky, but you're right about them being more of a force of nature, so I guess it still counts.

I guess it's just because they are silly villains that look innocent, but are actually deadly, also, they sing

Admittedly, I'm partial to Grogar myself and was hoping he'd come back at some point, but I know some Bronies aren't huge fans of bringing back a bunch of G1 villains, but hey, a lot of the characters and inspiration are from previous generations, so I want me some Grogar, darn it!

I already got Lavan's plot in the form of Tirek, I do want to see Catrina. Her drug addiction would make for a great plot as it shows what happens when you get too addicted to power and could make a villain redemption without blasting them with the Friendship Cannon first 

Oh, I know, I'm just saying that your hax can be overpowered, teleporters can't teleport out, shapeshifters can't shift, etc.

Don't forget when his whip

I guess it's just because they are silly villains that look innocent, but are actually deadly, also, they sing

I already got Lavan's plot in the form of Tirek, I do want to see Catrina. Her drug addiction would make for a great plot as it shows what happens when you get too addicted to power and could make a villain redemption without blasting them with the Friendship Cannon first 

True true, but I'd like to think that you need to counter Discord's shape shifting another way, maybe by taking away all of his different animal parts and making him into just one animal.

Backhand and whip... Tirek's back in business, baby! He don't need not stinking Rainbow of Darkness.

I actually like villainous singing, even if it's goofy. They could always upgrade the villains for Friendship is Magic like they did with Tirek though and it would be all good. People were wary before the episode premiered, but now everyone's accepting of G4 Tirek!

That would actually be cool, they haven't covered any kind of "addiction" before as far as I know, so that would be a perfect plot to have Catrina show up. But instead of redemption how about the Mane Six just...

KILL HER.

You know, keeping in the spirit of the topic and everything.

I actually like villainous singing, even if it's goofy. They could always upgrade the villains for Friendship is Magic like they did with Tirek though and it would be all good. People were wary before the episode premiered, but now everyone's accepting of G4 Tirek!

The Smooze would be terrifying if they go serious with it. This thing literally ate the Rainbow of Light, it's strong as Hell

That would actually be cool, they haven't covered any kind of "addiction" before as far as I know, so that would be a perfect plot to have Catrina show up. But instead of redemption how about the Mane Six just...   KILL HER.   You know, keeping in the spirit of the topic and everything.

That would be OOC. It would be even more interesting if say for example, she was old friends with one of the Mane 6, and one of the Mane 6 betrays the others to help Catrina's addiction

(edited)

The Smooze would be terrifying if they go serious with it. This thing literally ate the Rainbow of Light, it's strong as Hell

That would be OOC. It would be even more interesting if say for example, she was old friends with one of the Mane 6, and one of the Mane 6 betrays the others to help Catrina's addiction

I know, I have been patiently waiting for them to finally bring the Smooze back. I want to see them make that thing terrifying. It looked goofy back then, but I bet if they "G4'd" it, it would look crazy scary.

I was joking of course, but I'm trying to keep this on topic somehow buddy! Oh, I know... the Mane Six that tries to help Catrina kills her addiction!

Bam, on topic.

Edited by Rainblow Hash
  • Brohoof 1

I know, I have been patiently waiting for them to finally bring the Smooze back. I want to see them make that thing terrifying. It looked goofy back then, but I bet if they "G4'd" it, it would look crazy scary.

I was joking of course, but I'm trying to keep this on topic somehow buddy! Oh, I know... the Mane Six that tries to help Katrina kills her addiction!

Bam, on topic.

mlp_oc_villain__smooze_by_chchcartoons-d

Look up "smooze mlp" on Google and you'll see just how fucking disturbing this bastard can be. Even in G1, the fact that he's so...cheerful, makes him scarier. You can't reason with him or talk to him, he's just a wave of destruction who doesn't know any better. His innocence makes him creepier

That's why I think that while the design above is cool, it would be a step backwards. Keep him innocent and stupid, it makes him like a demonic child

Look up "smooze mlp" on Google and you'll see just how fucking disturbing this bastard can be. Even in G1, the fact that he's so...cheerful, makes him scarier. You can't reason with him or talk to him, he's just a wave of destruction who doesn't know any better. His innocence makes him creepier

That's why I think that while the design above is cool, it would be a step backwards. Keep him innocent and stupid, it makes him like a demonic child

Ah, you know looking at pictures of the Smooze from G1 again, he is actually pretty scary the way he is. If they just upgraded him and made him look nice and crisp, he would still hold up in my book. Heck, maybe the Mane Six and the rest of Equestria underestimate the Smooze due to how he looks, and they end up getting their butts kicked.

He's like The Omen, but better!

• Brohoof 1

Ah, you know looking at pictures of the Smooze from G1 again, he is actually pretty scary the way he is. If they just upgraded him and made him look nice and crisp, he would still hold up in my book. Heck, maybe the Mane Six and the rest of Equestria underestimate the Smooze due to how he looks, and they end up getting their butts kicked.

He's like The Omen, but better!

It'd be a Majin Boo moment if you watch DBZ

The Mane 6 are Dabura, The Smooze is Boo

It's so innocent and looks so...harmless...and then it reveals itself as a force of mass destruction that will kick your ass without a second's thought

• Brohoof 1