Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Illusion Fox

I haven't watched much of anything for E3 yet. I don't particularly care to watch all the conferences and whatnot and I'd rather just find a list of what was announced and watch videos of the stuff I'm actually interested in.

Of the things I have seen though the Wii-U has officially become my next console to get. I had been planning to get it anyway but the PS4 could have dragged me away from it given the right games. After the announcements for Xenoblade Chronicles X, an open-world Zelda, that Toad treasure hunting game and seeing gameplay of Super Smash Bros it's the absolutely must-have console of the generation so far.

On the note of Smash Bros: Greninja's final smash kicked so much ass. I can't wait to play this game for myself.

---

Oh yeah and that's not even to mention how badass Sonic Boom looks. I'll get both the 3DS and Wii-U games and the show & movie are must-watch from me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nintendo it is shit like this!!!!! :okiedokielokie: 

That makes me love you!!!! :wub:

I've always kind of disliked Reggie, but...  I appreciate that he's become his own running gag that keeps on giving lol.  And he's apparently okay with it.

Edited by PegaMister

Did you all forget just one thing?

Yes.  That's right.  Pac-Man is in Smash Bros 4.

Edit: And just for fun, here's a clip from the 1984 Pac-Man cartoon from Hanna Barbera.

Smash Bros. Waht ar yu dooing. Smash Bros. STAHP

Needs to be more crossover games in general. Smash Bros, Sega All Stars, series x series...so much untapped potential.

Did Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem get confirmed for US release or anything? Cuz that's another one I'm REALLY looking forward to.

Smash Bros. Waht ar yu dooing. Smash Bros. STAHP

I'm accepting of Pac-Man.  Partly because he has several Namco-related moves that exist outside of his own games.  I thought the Galaga vortex move, in particular, was awesome.  I would just spam that so I could listen to the sound effect. xD

• Brohoof 1

I'm accepting of Pac-Man.  Partly because he has several Namco-related moves that exist outside of his own games.  I thought the Galaga vortex move, in particular, was awesome.  I would just spam that so I could listen to the sound effect. xD

Yeah, true. I guess I was a little hard on them for that. What bugs me is just that they have so many great characters to choose from, yet they choose Pac-Man. I'm sure it'll still be a great game, it just seems like they're grasping at straws here when they really don't need to be.

Yeah, true. I guess I was a little hard on them for that. What bugs me is just that they have so many great characters to choose from, yet they choose Pac-Man. I'm sure it'll still be a great game, it just seems like they're grasping at straws here when they really don't need to be.

I would've preferres Lloyd simply because I'm a fan of Tales of Symphonia, but even then Pac Man makes the most sense, and should probably be the only Namco character to be even put into consideration. I mean, he's Namco's freaking mascot and a gaming icon(and appearing in Mario Kart helps)

I get your point.  I'm personally kind of glad that I'm not the one building the official roster lol; it's nigh impossible to satisfy everyone no matter who they do or don't use in the game.  Really though, the only character inclusion I'd be bowled over by would be Shrek.  I've still got my fingers crossed for downloadable characters beyond the initial release.  I thought Nintendo approached dlc for NSMB and Pikmin 3 very well, and I just want to remain hopeful. xD

I had to run to the Smash Bros. site just to confirm that Pac-Man was actually in the new game, and my jaw dropped to the floor when it was true :P

Rainbow Six Siege doesn't look too bad, watching it made me want to play Counter Strike: Global Offensive :P.

After seeing some gameplay for Mortal Kombat X, it's interesting that it's set twenty five years after MK9. Johny Cage and Sonya have a daughter and there's a weird bug lady. I'm happy they're adding new characters, it keeps it fresh. X-Rays look even more intense than MK9.

If Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is done right, it'll be a really fun game. Also, yay for Ratchet and Clank on PS4.

Lastly, I really wonder how Ubisoft will integrate four player co-op into Assassin's Creed Unity so it works really well.

(edited)

I went to the smash bros. Best Buy E3 event with a few friends today. We tested out some of the new and some of the old characters.

Villager - Didn't personally play as him/her, but the interesting move set makes it hard to pin point what they're doing next. Watch out for the slingshot when in sudden death... it hurts...

Wii Fit Trainer - My main character, OP as hell, good recovery, strong smashes, but kind of heavy on when falling. Fast and powerful makes this player my favorite to use.

Little Mac - The no flinching is probably the best thing about him. His 1 hit K.O. actually is tricky to use and not OP at all. His jumping is truelly horrendous, You literally can't jump higher than even the heaviest characters.

Samus - She seems heavier and slightly weaker, her up B still is a face wrecker and can demolish the competition in a pinch.

Zero Suit - Plays almost exactly the same as in Brawl, slight power boost, and still focuses on agility rather than strength.

Pit - My friend played him a lot. His recovery is soooooo much better, it is smooth, quick, and doesn't leave him as open like before. His new shield orbitars really make a good defense as well as offense. They push people away, but don't damage (hit a person falling from recovery off an edge and they're dead)

Greninja - Tricky at first, but once you get in a groove it is pretty easy to control. Focuses on a lot of little weak attacks.

I got to play both 3DS and Wii U versions. The Wii U did crash once, but hey that's why they're debugging the crap out of it. Smash run is huge fun, Personally the whole get better stats in the maze is fun and playing the same character will usually have different results. (Hint: Try and speed up Little Mac as much as possible the results are crazy scary)

Edited by Biznis Kitty
  • Brohoof 1

I went to the smash bros. Best Buy E3 event with a few friends today. We tested out some of the new and some of the old characters.

Villager - Didn't personally play as him/her, but the interesting move set makes it hard to pin point what they're doing next. Watch out for the slingshot when in sudden death... it hurts...

Wii Fit Trainer - My main character, OP as hell, good recovery, strong smashes, but kind of heavy on when falling. Fast and powerful makes this player my favorite to use.

Little Mac - The no flinching is probably the best thing about him. His 1 hit K.O. actually is tricky to use and not OP at all. His jumping is truelly horrendous, You literally can't jump higher than even the heaviest characters.

Samus - She seems heavier and slightly weaker, her up B still is a face wrecker and can demolish the competition in a pinch.

Zero Suit - Plays almost exactly the same as in Brawl, slight power boost, and still focuses on agility rather than strength.

Pit - My friend played him a lot. His recovery is soooooo much better, it is smooth, quick, and doesn't leave him as open like before. His new shield orbitars really make a good defense as well as offense. They push people away, but don't damage (hit a person falling from recovery off an edge and they're dead)

Greninja - Tricky at first, but once you get in a groove it is pretty easy to control. Focuses on a lot of little weak attacks.

I got to play both 3DS and Wii U versions. The Wii U did crash once, but hey that's why they're debugging the crap out of it. Smash run is huge fun, Personally the whole get better stats in the maze is fun and playing the same character will usually have different results. (Hint: Try and speed up Little Mac as much as possible the results are crazy scary)

Jealousness.  I feel it lol.  Did you get a chance to play Mega Man / was he available?  I so want him to be awesome to play as; he's the only non-Nintendo character I can see myself sub-maining (Mario's always my main).

...I was planning to get the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. Now i'm GOING to get it.

You guys checked out the flame wars between sony and MS fans? Personally i think Nintendo's event was the most interesting because it showed the most content.

• Brohoof 2

I swear I feel so lost after this years event. One thing or another has kept me from really following E3 this year, so I guess I have some work ahead of me to catch up.

Jealousness.  I feel it lol.  Did you get a chance to play Mega Man / was he available?  I so want him to be awesome to play as; he's the only non-Nintendo character I can see myself sub-maining (Mario's always my main).

They're being held again on Saturday at Noon to 5 at select Best Buys. Check this site and you might be surprised about where they are. My state never gets any Nintendo related events, but this actually got 3 in my area. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/nintendo-smash-fest/pcmcat332400050002.c?id=pcmcat332400050002  This is all assuming you live in the U.S. though...

As for Megaman I never got to play him. I fought him and he felt fairly balanced, for that being the first time he was controled that is. I'm sure people once they really figure out his move set they'll be dominanting.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My internet got cut yesterday. so what did I miss...

Did you all forget just one thing?    

Yes.  That's right.  Pac-Man is in Smash Bros 4.  

I kinda saw that coming (Because, Bandai Namco Games is working on it)... but still... Wut!?!  :o

Edited by Illusion Fox

Anyone else keeping their eye on Lords of the Fallen? This game looks pretty awesome. A lot of people are comparing it to the Souls series. I dunno how close that comparison actually is but whatevs, it looks awesome.

The part that really drew me in after the original announcement was the concept they described: Evil must defeat evil. The main character is actually one who is evil himself, or used to be at least, so now he's the one with the power to fight back.

Another game I've kept my eye on:

I'm not usually one to like online-required games but this game looks so amazeballs. The ideas behind it could be very groundbreaking.

• Brohoof 1

Urgh. Sony bought the rights out for No Man's Sky. It is a timed exclusive. How long does a timed exclusive last for? And when does the Xbox One version come out? I Can't wait for Farming Simulator 15. With new forestry functions. GTA V. Homefront the Revolution. Hyrule Warriors, Below, Battlefield Hardline and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. 

This game you are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M

I'm not usually one to like online-required games but this game looks so amazeballs. The ideas behind it could be very groundbreaking.

And is below not procedural because it is persistent? I heard that if it is persistent than it cannot be procedural.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M

Mon dieu, that game looks amazing!

I hope it doesn't turn out like Spore, though. (I still haven't gotten over that. ;~; )

Does anyone have more information about it? o:

My God, my wallet is gonna be empty with all these great games coming out  :o 

Oh i don't blame you...........so looking forward to Halo MCC, COD: AW, and AC Unity.........not to mention $399.99 for the ONE.

• Brohoof 1

Mon dieu, that game looks amazing!

I hope it doesn't turn out like Spore, though. (I still haven't gotten over that. ;~; )

Does anyone have more information about it? o:

This is what I know:

• There was a flood that destroyed a lot of the work on this game a few months ago but they specifically said it wouldn't stop the game's development.
  • The game will be procedurally generated, meaning every planet will be generated as it's discovered with basic skeletons for things such as trees, creatures and geography so something like a horse-shaped tree.
  • The galaxy will supposedly be vast enough that it's unlikely you'll run into a lot of players.
  • The way the game will work is that when you get far enough away from something it basically ceases to exist so as to not overload the game engine but I imagine it keeps the data of what it's supposed to be and look like after it's officially been discovered.
I don't do multiplayer or online very often, almost never actually, but I will pick this game up in a heartbeat as soon as I have a PS4.
  • Brohoof 1

This is what I know:

• There was a flood that destroyed a lot of the work on this game a few months ago but they specifically said it wouldn't stop the game's development.
  • The game will be procedurally generated, meaning every planet will be generated as it's discovered with basic skeletons for things such as trees, creatures and geography so something like a horse-shaped tree.
  • The galaxy will supposedly be vast enough that it's unlikely you'll run into a lot of players.
  • The way the game will work is that when you get far enough away from something it basically ceases to exist so as to not overload the game engine but I imagine it keeps the data of what it's supposed to be and look like after it's officially been discovered.
I don't do multiplayer or online very often, almost never actually, but I will pick this game up in a heartbeat as soon as I have a PS4.

That's something that might make me get a PS4.

I've always been more of a PC pony myself, but that game just looks astonishing. It'd be a shame if I passed. 

When is it supposed to be released? Mid-2015?