Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Video Embed Limit

Frith is Magick
Go to solution Solved by King,

I've noticed a few times when embedding videos in posts, only two will embed, but for any concurrent videos, only a link will show up. Granted, this is not severely limiting, but it can be inconvenient at times. I am curious as to the cause for this, as well as if there are any bypasses that don't involve having to add junk posts for the sake of a couple videos.

Apologies if this was mislabeled, thank you in advance for reading this and for (hopefully) providing an answer.

It's because there's a video limit of 2 per post, then after that they get turned into a link. Similar for images, except 10 are allowed to a post, or your profile, before they're turned into a link as well.

As for bypasses, I don't think there are any.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hi there @@Frith is Magick, this is intentional rather then a bug since its an option in the ACP (Admin control panel). As for "why" we only allow 2 videos to embed, I'll try and find out from Felds or Adam for you.

Edit: Feld0 confirmed that it is indeed for performance reasons why we only allow 2 videos to actually embed in a post. 20 posts per page, 2 video's per post is 40 on a page which is alot more then most browsers can handle. Hopefully this answers your question well Frith.

Edit: Locking this thread now as OP has confirmed they've understood the answer to their question and hasn't displayed a want to ask another question.

Edited by Dawn
  • Brohoof 3