Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Choose any non-legendary Pokemon for a starter

Carbon Maestro

If you could choose any non legendary pokemon for a starter, what would you pick? I recommend keeping your pick to ones that evolve and could realistically be starters (Ralts, Eevee), so that you can start with a weaker one and have it grow with you while you travel. However, that isn't necessary if you really like Mawile and Basculin.

For me, I'd pick Tynamo. Yes, it looks freaking tiny but Eelektross has an amazing movepool with no weaknesses with Levitate.

250px-602Tynamo.png

(edited)

Well, outside of the normal starters anyone could chose, I'd pick shinx. He's adorable and cuddly and if you train him right he becomes a great Luxray and an awesome electric type. But inside of the normal starters I'd pick tepig. He's adorable too and becomes my number one fighter when he gets to Emboar.

Edited by Star Ruby

I'd pick either Pancham or Eevee. Pancham is a strong fighting and dark type when it evolves, and can be amazing if you raise it right. Eevee can evolve into a variety of types and can learn many different move types if you use TMs.

(edited)

Ghastly. Don't laugh. I only picked it because Gengar is my favorite pokemon.

I ain't laughing. Gengar in Gen VI is absolutely terrifying with the Mega evolution and in competitive battling.

I like Gastly as a starter.

Edited by Carbon Maestro

Ralts for me. Why? Because then I could evolve it into Gardevoir, who's arguably my favourite Pokemon, and not to mention, is both a Psychic type, and a Fairy type (both of which I like, personally). :wub:

I ain't laughing. Gengar in Gen VI is absolutely terrifying with the Mega evolution and in competitive battling.

I like Gastly as a starter.

It appears that I can't spell.

(edited)

While I adore politoed, I'd have to trade a poliwhirl for them to evolve into that so.. a spoink. Spoinks are both adorable and the one I had in the games was dang powerful when I leveled it up a bit.

Edited by SaffronSunset

My favorite Pokemon are Mawile, Milotic, and Mudkip (triple M) none of whom really fit the scenario as it's been set up. I'd probably go for Eevee. Cute and versatile thanks to the bazillion odd evolution paths.

(edited)

Don't you have to trade a haunter for it to become a gengar? Wouldn't you have to trade your starter to some unknown trainer's greasy pokeball and has the occasional urges to eat ice cream at random?

Edited by Star Ruby

I could think of a good number of Gen 3 Pokemon I could pick, but ultimately I'm going with Tyrogue so I could evolve it into either a Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee or Hitmontop depending on the situation. I was going to say Beldum but training it as a starter would be even more of a pain considering all it knows is tackle at first.

(edited)

I'd have to go with horsea. It starts out pretty weak, but all hell breaks loose once it becomes a kingdra. It can either have swift swim to improve its speed or sniper to increase critical damage. It's also one of the few dragons that isn't weak to ice attacks and the dragon typing removes all of its water weaknesses.

Edited by Celtore

(edited)

I'd have to pick cubone.  Marowak has always been one of my strongest, and ground is pretty good against most things.  Not to mention the lovely lightening rod for double/triple battles paired with my water and flying types.

Edited by ScumCandy

Oh this is easy. Zorua. I hacked in a Zorua starter in my Pokemon Black gameplay, beat the entire game with my precious little Zorro. I can't find the game anymore, but it is to this day the thing I go to when people ask what my biggest gaming accomplishment is. Oh, & it was a Nuzlocke challenge with only Zorua into Zoroark, no other Pokemon in the party. I restarted that game so many times... *moment of silence for Zorro's 1-Through-Celestia-Knows-How-Many*

Buizel. He's always been my favorite water type. I'd totally keep him as a starter. He's pretty much my favorite Pokemon. No particular reason, he's just awesome. ;)

Ditto is in the Uber tier because of his ability: Impostor https://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/ditto/uber

I'm not talking about competetive, it's about the adventure. As you start with weak trainers along with weak pokemon, Ditto transformations gradually become stronger, I can see why it's considered an Uber in competetive but considering the normal adventure I wouldn't see why it's a problem really.