Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What songs do you think your favorite pony would like?

ghostfacekiller39

(edited)

Pretty self explanatory topic :D What songs from our world do you think your favorite pony would like?

Personally, I've always had this fascination with Rares being a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan if she were to enter our universe. I think this would be her favorite song :D

However, this would definitely be a close second :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY342ZN3stU

I just really think she'd like their style of rock - not really too heavy and sort of melodic and beautiful, but still independent and artistic :D It'd fit both of her tastes perfectly - soft and melodic for her elegant side, yet artsy for her more artistic side :D I really think she'd love the Smashing Pumpkins, and these would be her two favorite songs by them.

So, what two songs from our world do you think your best pony would enjoy? Do share! :D

rarity_in_the_dark_by_baumkuchenpony-d6x

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

Gosh, you know, as much as I'd like to imagine that Rainbow Dash would like Rap as much as I do, she probably would actually be more into Thrash metal or any type of metal really. I could imagine her liking some Metallica pretty easily:

Maybe a bit of Alice in Chains with "Would?":

Pretty self explanatory topic :D What songs from our world do you think your favorite pony would like?

Obviously you know Rarity far better than I could claim to, and forgive me if I'm overstepping my boundaries...  But I've somehow gotten it into my head that she might appreciate something classical.  Perhaps a Badinerie, from Bach:

*Hides.*

• Brohoof 1

Obviously you know Rarity far better than I could claim to, and forgive me if I'm overstepping my boundaries...  But I've somehow gotten it into my head that she might appreciate something classical.  Perhaps a Badinerie, from Bach:

*Hides.*

I can see her enjoying classical, to be honest, but I can't help but feel that people usually write her off as a classical fan due to her formal and elegant mannerisms  -_-

I, personally, can see her having a wide variety of tastes in music. Can't see her enjoying metal, country or rap, but everything from classical to techno to house to alternative rock to classic rock I can see her enjoying :D She wouldn't be afraid to try new things when it comes to music, so she'd have a lot of different genres she'd enjoy :D

• Brohoof 2

Well we all know Dashie would love metal.  
So maybe

I've lost most of my songs, so I don't actually remember any she would like  -_- 

I, personally, can see her having a wide variety of tastes in music. Can't see her enjoying metal, country or rap, but everything from classical to techno to house to alternative rock to classic rock I can see her enjoying :D She wouldn't be afraid to try new things when it comes to music, so she'd have a lot of different genres she'd enjoy :D

Absolutely!  Almost nopony listens solely to one type of music, I'm sure.  And now I'm trying really hard to imagine her appreciating a country song...  Hmmm...  Nope, I can't see it either. xD

Well since we know the mane 6 are in a rock band (rainbow rocks) I would think they would all like rock. I am a big fan of  metal core music as well and I think they would all like this. Of course to varying degrees but I even think Rarity and Fluttershy would like some heavy metal.

Here are a few examples that i think they would like. Heck i can even see Celestia, Luna, Cadance and even Vinyl enjoying this music.

AJ might like this, it has a nice message about effort and perseverance with a country twang voice :

As I like all 6 equally, I have no choice but to pick a song for each of them!

Twi's favorite:

Rare's favorite (hilarious video with this one.  Why Neo?  Why?!  Lol.):

RD (because, you know, she is.)

AJ

Pinkie (I just couldn't see anything else.  This is so perfect)

Flutters (REALLY tough one.  I spent about an hour rooting through my music library.  I think I'm gonna have to go with this):

(edited)

If there's one band I see as a perfect fit for Rarity, It's Queen. The attitude, the glam rock, the sappy love ballads, swooning at Freddie Mercury, I think she'd be all about that 

Applejack I picture as the pony who likes everything because she have so musical taste whatsoever  :P

Celestia is totally a Pink Floyd fan though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NavVfpp-1L4

Edited by Jaref
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know yet. Usually a song with deeper meaning or hidden messages would be bad for the innocent ponies in Equestria. And love songs are kinda out of the question as well because there is very little love in Equestria (three weddings, and they are pretty censored relationships as well).