Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Are Crotch Shots Funny?

Hive King

(edited)

HAHHAHAHahaaahaa he got hit in the ballsies.

It's because we're sadistic creatures who like to watch people in serious pain. It's hilarious.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 3

I personally don't find them funny.

But I think that they're very effective at disabling your opponent. Android 13 knows this and exploited that.

Either way, if other people find them funny fine, but I hope people don't think it's fine to actually do that unless a dude's attacking you or something. It can seriously mess up a man.

I'd be more interested in going for a kidney shot, because at least then they would know I mean business, rather than walking away with a Joker laugh. That could mean absolutely anything.

I've been asking that same question for a long time now. I don't think it's funny; it's serious. The worst part is that they're mostly in children's movies now. Not a good influence.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Because people think its hilarious to watch someone in pain. Damn Humanity!

I've been "Crotch Shotted" a few times, and damn does it hurt! God, it hurts to even think about it.

Edited by Bradley-MysteryLord

Well we laugh at others pain as a coping and defense mechanism, and since ball shots often result in a sever form of pain, many people find it funny. People also often find the groin as a "forbidden" area, so a punch to the " no no square can be found funny.

When last I watched it, "America's Funniest Home Videos" was roughly, I'll say...  65% unexpected crotch shots.  Or fairly well-staged crotch shots.  I do not find them overly funny in general - the real ones, anyhow.  And pretend ones have been done to death.  The appeal, I assume, would lie in its sometimes slapstick quality (often accompanied by a funny sound effect).  D'ooooOOoooh, that happened!  *Pie to the crotch.*  I mean face.  Did the Three Stooges ever resort to a crotch shot?  I don't think so.  They respected each other enough AS MEN to only perform face slaps, eye pokes, and to bludgeon each other with objects that would - at the very least - result in a concussion.

I don't really know why people find it funny I myself usually find it funny, I guess a lot people love watching others be in pain and trust me it does hurt like hell but like I said before I find it funny usually as long 1. I'm not the one being hit and 2. It's not something that's being overdone like for example if it happens in every episode of a tv show its not funny also I only find it funny on tv since I know how much it hurts irl.

Nut shots are in the same group as fart jokes. Body humor appeals to a certain demographic, I guess. I thought they were the height of comedy when I was a kid, and now I think they're dumb. 

• 2 weeks later...