Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Are Crotch Shots Funny?

Hive King

Foe me it's not even the fact that someone got hit in the nuts, it's the fact that people can be SO dumb sometime. People like that tend to make people like me feel at least somewhat smart! :P

It's not a serious injury, the victim's reaction is priceless and the circumstances around the incident are probably highly unlikely. In cartoons and movies, they're funny to me if they aren't overplayed (which is VERY easy to do.) In a real life accidental occurance, that probably is pretty funny...

Crotch shots funny? Are you nuts?

They're sometimes considered funny because of a beautiful German word: Schadenfreude, which means people get a kick (no pun intended) out of other people's pain. While a poor execution may ruin the humour, in general it works for a cheap chuckle. Personally, I find them cringe worthy, but I can see how some people may find it funny.

Probably the reason why crotch shots were so funny is because the people viewing them were immature. Me? It usually turns me on depending on whose crotch belongs to. 

post-27780-0-03906500-1404012163_thumb.gif

I don't think crotch shots are very funny. Never have really. I have a weird sense of humor, and can find even the most dark, disturbing things funny. But I just don't think crotch shots are funny at all.

I remember getting hit there once as a kid and everyone crowded around me and laughed. I remember that almost every time I see it. That's probably why. Just brings up bad memories.

• 4 years later...

I dunno but every guy I know has told me that getting hit in the nuts ain't fun at all...but yet, so many people (guys included) find this funny. :mlp_wat:

Eh. I guess it just depends on what kind of sense of humor you have. :-P

Spoiler

I find it hilarious 

I only find it funny when they deserve it, otherwise it depends on the guy. If he's attractive-looking it makes me a little sad (Makes me think we've all suffered a loss) but otherwise I could care less. Honestly if it isn't somehow made funny I just find the attempt to use it as a source of humor cringe-worthy. 

So usually, ehhh... :dry:

• Brohoof 1

How to dig up an old topic . :mlp_wat:

These days, a lot of people (myself included) like cringy humor; I mean, HE GOT PUNCHED IN THE BALLS FOR GOD'S SAKE

• Brohoof 1

There’s crude humor that works and crude humor that doesn’t. It’s all in the timing, context and delivery. I’m gonna be honest, I think crotch shots are funny. Unlike fart jokes, which are extremely overdone these days, seeing someone get in the wedding tackle gets funnier the more it’s done because the fact of it is so stupidly amusing, especially when you see some poor guy rolling on the floor with his hands tucked between his legs, begging for the sweet release of a merciful death. I dunno, maybe I’m just easy to please. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, AveryGamerDude said:

Wait... but I thought that people thought that people getting hit in the groin WASN'T funny! :confused:

Well it depends really; it's not funny when it's me, of course :LunaMCM: but otherwise it's really funny

Edited by Xelto.r
  • Brohoof 1

I love slapstick humour and comedic violence in general, along with a good dose of toilet humour. So crotch shots are comedy gold for me. As to why this is the case, I never try to think too much about it. Here's an old favourite of mine. If you like people getting smacked in the happy sack, then Bottom is the show for you. :P

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

I'm generally neutral towards these things when they happen, though I do tend to feel sorry for the individual on the receiving end.

But I thought people thought that groin attacks were NEVER funny

Nah dude; where did you get that idea from

• Brohoof 1

It's incredibly painful. If you aren't a guy, or you've somehow avoided having your nuts slapped around, you have no way of knowing how painful something like that is. I get it, it's funny to see people in pain, but you wouldn't laugh and make fun of a person who was having a migraine, would you?

I only really see it funny in retrospect. It's not lasting, and usually isn't a serious injury, but in the moment it's not funny at all.

Because people think that every joke in the Cat in the Hat starring Mike Myers is annoying and unfunny

I dunno man never watched it

• Brohoof 1

I've still got my factory equipment and, while it's not funny to get hit, watching someone else get a tap is usually funny for reasons unknown. At least, I can't help but laugh. My brother, a friend of ours and myself spent damn near an entire night just watching youtube videos of those. Laughing the whole time, while cringing just as much cause we all knew what it was like.

Because human finds it funny to laugh at one's pain and misery. I used to think it's funny back in my younger years now it's just stupid.

It’s funny because we all know that area hurts to be hit in and the reactions given to getting hit there by males are usually over the top and it’s pretty hilarious to see people screaming and wallowing in pain for a bit. 

They're not. I tend to recoil and cringe when I see it. I never laugh.

Oh, you reminded me, a week or two ago a girl at work almost hit me in the crotch with a metal pole. I gently pushed it away before she could connect.