Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do if there's a huge spider/bug in your room?

Carbon Maestro

Dealing with giant spiders.  

213 users have voted

1. 1. A huge spider is in your room. Do you...

• Get a cup, trap it, then release it outside?
    • Swat it, then use a napkin to throw it away?
    • Throw water at it, then swat it?
    • Burn everything within a 4 meter radius.
    • Get someone else to get rid of it.
    • Catch it in a cup, and keep it as a pet.
    • Don't bother with it (Leave it alone).

I never hurt spiders unless I know that they are dangerous. Moths and beetles are fine as well, but I'll throw them outside if I can. Flies, centipedes, and mosquitoes are destroyed immediately.

Have you seen those spiders when they're fully grown?  

I used to keep tons of those as pets, they come in so many colors.   :)

I love moths, I would keep them all in the house, but my granny hates them and makes me take them outside XD and I take crickets outside.  

I've only had a bee in the house once, and I think it ended up dying in the window or it found a way out, because it disappeared.

I'd probably lock everyone in one room while I hunted down a wasp if it got in the house though.  Those things have it in for me because i was a wasp bully when i was little.

I've never seen a fully-grown one! :o How large are they?

I like keeping them too. I wish I didn't simply place them in the backyard after half an hour, though! They sound fun to have around and you can feed them bugs/insects that happen to travel their way into your room! :lol::P That way, both sides win: The spider gets to live and eat, and you get to have a really neat pet! :yay:

I will destroy the arachnid that had taken refuge within the walls of my home, crushing it's body, making it regret the choice of crawling into my room.

I was visiting my friend a couple years ago at his house and he had a spider on his wall, he punched it, resulting in completely decimating the spider.

I laughed for a good five minutes. :P

(edited)

I've never seen a fully-grown one! :o How large are they?

I like keeping them too. I wish I didn't simply place them in the backyard after half an hour, though! They sound fun to have around and you can feed them bugs/insects that happen to travel their way into your room! :lol::P That way, both sides win: The spider gets to live and eat, and you get to have a really neat pet! :yay:

They get pretty big.   

Probably big like, a quarter maybe?  I can't really think of how big they get, I haven't had them in a while.  

These are the kind I would keep.  The one in your picture is a different species, so i'm not sure how big those ones get.  I've only seen those pretty small.

SQ3RIQJRYKK070YQ503QX0TQG000E0R0N0FRW0L0SQ3RIQJRYKK070FQM0DQG0OQI0VRI0URI0OQYKVR

Edited by ScumCandy

If it is a Spider I leave it, they kill other insects that could get in. If it is a large insect I usually capture it with a cup and piece of paper and throw it out the window.

It depends on what it is. I will swat/kill mosquitoes, and for anything else that flies I will open a window and let it find its way out. Most insects I'll pick up on paper or trap and release outside, but not spiders, spiders are cute. I'll either let them crawl onto my hand and carry them outside (or just watch them for a minute before carrying on with my day) or just leave them alone. If I encountered a black widow I would kill it, but only because they pose an actual threat, but fortunately they don't live around here.

If its really small i will get someone else to kill it..

If im alone and no one can help,then im left with only one option :(

kill-it-with-fire-before-the-spider-lay-

kill-it-with-fire-demotivational-poster-

They get pretty big.   

Probably big like, a quarter maybe?  I can't really think of how big they get, I haven't had them in a while.  

These are the kind I would keep.  The one in your picture is a different species, so i'm not sure how big those ones get.  I've only seen those pretty small.

img-2731160-1-SQ3RIQJRYKK070YQ503QX0TQG0img-2731160-2-SQ3RIQJRYKK070FQM0DQG0OQI0

OW GAWD id flip if anything like that ended up in my room,or anywhere else in my home...

*pants hysterically*

keep-calm-and-kill-it-with-fire-5.png

• Brohoof 1

Spiders are fine but moths.. You don't want to be a moth in my room. Flying insects are the worst.

LOL! I hate when small moths get in my room. Those are the only things I kill because they piss me off and that's all you can do to get rid of them. If they are bigger moths I catch and throw them outside.

My cat takes care of insects in other parts of the house, except ants- she hates them so I vacuum them up. She even tries to get wasps- So i have to hurry up and get rid of one of those if it gets in.

I kill bugs. Dead.

My wife only married me so she could have someone kill icky bugs for her.

Its death for a bug to enter our home. There is no mercy. Just a shoe, a swat, a sickening crunch, and the swipe of a Kleenex removing the evidence.

When it comes to bugs, I'm a serial killer. Die invertebrates, DIE!

How my Debbie sees a spider...

post-1029-0-88390500-1402616704.jpg

OW GAWD id flip if anything like that ended up in my room,or anywhere else in my home...

*pants hysterically*

img-2732591-5-keep-calm-and-kill-it-with

but they're so fuzzy! and they have happy faces on their backs!!!

It depends on the type of bug...

Moths: My house is infested with these little bastards, so I show no mercy killing them.

Flies: Meh. I just shoo it away.

Small Spiders: I lean down and make a deal with it: I'll let it live if it eats the moths and doesn't crawl on me. If it touches me, it dies.

Big Spiders: DIE.

Mosquitoes: DIE.

Roaches: DIE DIE DIE! I DESPISE roaches!

Ant: Dies, but only because I don't want it bringing its friends along.

How big are we talking about? 3-inch... wolf spider (lol), or a goliath birdeater :comeatus:?

Don't click if you are afraiiid.

Theraphosa_blondi_1.jpg

I'd probably swat anything below the size...@#$%ING LIGHTNING!!...below the size of my palm. If I smashed anything bigger, it would leave a mess. Not to mention I smashed a spider once and out came swarming hundreds of......:eww: =X!!!! If I found something that big ^^, I'd think about getting a bucket, and not a cup, and probably call an expert about why there's a Brazilian spider in my house xD.

Well, if it's something that can bite or sting me, I'd probably take it out as quickly as possible. Otherwise, just ignore it. Earlier, I flushed a tick down the toilet- found him on my back, working his way in.

I don't deal with insects or Arachnids very well. If I see one crawling on my wall, I become a big scardey-cat and call for my dad or brother to take care of it.

If I ever come across any spiders or bees/wasps in my house, I'll try to trap these and then let them go outside. Other than that, I don't really care if I see the occassional fly or moth in my house- as long as they aren't getting into any food or clothing, I'll usually just let them be.