Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do if there's a huge spider/bug in your room?

Carbon Maestro

Dealing with giant spiders.  

213 users have voted

1. 1. A huge spider is in your room. Do you...

• Get a cup, trap it, then release it outside?
    • Swat it, then use a napkin to throw it away?
    • Throw water at it, then swat it?
    • Burn everything within a 4 meter radius.
    • Get someone else to get rid of it.
    • Catch it in a cup, and keep it as a pet.
    • Don't bother with it (Leave it alone).

Guns, lasers, bombs, portal guns, grenades, AK 47s, tanks, missiles, rocket launchers, and absolutely anything I could possibly do to kill it and blow up the entire area around it. I hate spiders...so much...so much...

The flat where I'm living is a pretty shitty place (not too bad for a student letting mind you) and it gets spiders with tiny bodies and extremely long legs which my girlfriend HATES. They're really fast too so they are impossible to catch. I usually just squash them with a shoe or something. One day I found a nest of them behind the toilet and didn't know what to do. I couldn't get round to squash them and didn't want to disturb the nest in case I just ended up scattering spiders around the flat so I sprayed the thing with bleach. It was pretty nasty but effective. We also have a damp problem. The flat is full of dehumidifiers but still every now and again we'll find a silverfish which I either squash or spray with bleach depending on their location.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd crush it with a shoe or any other reasonable object within my close proximity and then dispose of its remains. I dislike killing, even spiders and insects, but I have a right to defend myself and my family, so anything like that I catch in my house is dead.

• 4 years later...

I'd usually smack it with a shoe if it was small enough to not spread it's juice all over the place. If it wasn't small enough, then I'd catch it with a cup and release it far outside my house like I did with a large millipede once.

Capture it, kill it,

9C2D6C0A-BDF7-4932-85A6-E28F03B6AAD2.gif.6da201589fb1b3a000689b6ae7a6c7bd.gif
(last part not really 

it’s strange though I like big spider and won’t kill it, but if it’s small I kill it..

Assuming there isn't anyone else handy that I can press into service as my personal exterminator, I'll usually give the crawly little monstrosity an up-close intro to the sports section of the newspaper. If it's in a hard to reach place, I spray it with hairspray until it slows down and then a send it into it's next life by whatever utensil I can reach it with.  

• Brohoof 2

When there is a spider or an insect in my room, I take some sort of box, catch it, go to the balcony and let it free. When it is to cold outside (like in winter were spiders often are in the house), I also go to the cellar or the attic and let it free there.

• 4 months later...

These days I try to not kill them unless I freak out too much. I get a big fight or flight response when dealing with say, a spider larger than a house spider. I tense up and usually I ddn't know what to do. Other bugs I try to catch them and then release them outside. If I can. I feel quite bad these days if I do anything else..

I generally let spiders do what it wants. Gush over it maybe? I like having them around. But I sometimes have to put it outside since my mother don't really like them in the house.

Bugs though, it depends on which. Cockroaches, I kill them and throw them. Beetles, I either ignore them or put them outside. Moths (are they bugs?), I kill them since their caterpillar keeps on eating the garlic.

I dont kill any bugs in my house, except ants and mosquitoes without hesitation. Otherwise, the only reason i would kill a bug would be at my mother’s request. Whenever we do gardening, i love peering into the little ecosystems of arthropods in our backyard and front yard. Bugs are fascinating. 

Bugs have as much of a right to live in "my" room as i do and they leave me alone so why would i bother them, especially in a violent way? If they need help getting out I'll guide them out. Otherwise i leave them alone. It pisses me off when people kill bugs who are just minding their own business.

Edited by BlankFlank777
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...