Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Text Disappears while Typing In Status

Carbon Maestro

So here I am trying to make a status update when typing more than 45 characters, the text after disappears. This doesn't affect the post, but here's how it goes:
I type an example status update.

Here's what I typed: "Something strange is going on with the status report."

Here's what's happening: "Something strange is going on with the statu"

When I try to type the "s report," this gets cut off. It doesn't get cut off when I click "update", but it does so when I'm typing. Any ideas?

When I try to type the "s report," this gets cut off. It doesn't get cut off when I click "update", but it does so when I'm typing. Any ideas?

The text box for status update should scroll to the side as you type, is it not doing that?
If not, what browser are you using and when did you first notice this issue occurring?

Hopefully we can figure this out without a tech admin.

The text box for status update should scroll to the side as you type, is it not doing that? If not, what browser are you using and when did you first notice this issue occurring?

I know it should scroll to the side, but it's not scrolling.

I've only been on Firefox on this site, and it's been occurring for the past 24 hours. Weird.

(edited)
I've only been on Firefox on this site, and it's been occurring for the past 24 hours. Weird.

If other people are experiencing this then it could be due to the recent maintenance period. We're aware of some notification issues possibly being caused by it, so its entirely possible. I'll try and get onto Adam or Felds as soon as I can and get some input from them.

@@Carbon Maestro, Would you happen to know what version of Firefox you're on, and if text boxes scroll correctly on other sites?

Edited by Dawn
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm still getting it on Firefox. Same issue.

Why not try using Google Chrome? It's usually the best browser to use on MLP Forums. ^^

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.