Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else not like alcohol?

SolidTwilight

238 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like to drink alcohol

• I like to drink all the time!
    • I like to drink some times.
    • I only drink when every one else is also.
    • I don't really but do sometimes.
    • I don't like to at all
    • Don't know, never tried it.

i am sad when people swear off all alcohol forever just because they had the misfortune of having a beer for their first drink.  

Exactly.

Beers, in my opinion, are purely a social drink. You can't have a good appreciation of good alcoholic drinks based off of those. I think the only beer I enjoyed was a hard cider called Angry Orchard I had a few times. Which is funny, considering Daring's post.

I find drinking morally wrong and I am disgusted by anyone who does it regularly.

Exactly.

Beers, in my opinion, are purely a social drink. You can't have a good appreciation of good alcoholic drinks based off of those. I think the only beer I enjoyed was a hard cider called Angry Orchard I had a few times. Which is funny, considering Daring's post.

The only people that I personally see that actually like beer is older people with dying taste buds.  XD

I find drinking morally wrong and I am disgusted by anyone who does it regularly.

I am disgusted by people who are disgusted and think it's morally wrong for other people to drink. :)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Interesting perspective. I find that my stance on the issue is "Alcohol vs marijuana - Which is safer vs which is more legal?" But this isn't the time nor place for a debate.

Generally, I feel that if you're able to drink responsibly, and it doesn't hurt anyone (except maybe yourself...?) go right ahead. Heck, replace the part in blue with anything, and I'm fine with it.

It just happens that alcohol only hurts myself, and nobody else around me is hurting themselves with it, so it's a non-issue for me. I'd be pretty naive if I said the problem stops there just because it goes beyond my own personal borders, though.

Edited by SkyDream
  • Brohoof 1

The only people that I personally see that actually like beer is older people with dying taste buds.  XD

I am disgusted by people who are disgusted and think it's morally wrong for other people to drink. :)

That's nice?

Sweetheart, I wasn't trying to insult anyone. Relax.

That's nice?

not your sweetheart.  ;)

just saying how i feel of people judging others on what they choose to drink.

not your sweetheart.  ;)

^_^ This is too funny. It really is.

Your the best scumcandy, you almost always post what I am thinking so I don't have to,

That's nice?

you may not have been trying to, but you did. and I don't even drink!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Your the best scumcandy, you almost always post what I am thinking so I don't have to,

you may not have been trying to, but you did. and I don't even drink!

I just gave my opinion on it. If someone disagrees, that's fine, but the way certain people approach it is immature. Such as ScumCandy Edited by Royal Samurott

The only time I really drink is during the occasional game of beer pong. Otherwise, I hate the stuff, it tastes like bigfoot's unwashed anus.(granted, I haven't tried a large variety of beers). Things like cider is fine, but I don't see the point of drinking alcoholic cider when I could just drink it without the alcohol.

I've never had a moral problem with it though, as long as people don't get addicted to it.

not your sweetheart.  ;)

Instead of belittling my opinion, why don't you make a constructive argument against it?

Gee, I guess I must be a morally abhorrent and disgusting person then. Nice to know that my fondness for a glass of wine with dinner makes me a terrible human being.

If that sounds ridiculous to you, perhaps you shouldn't make broad sweeping judgements about people based on what liquids they may or may not like to imbibe.

• Brohoof 6

Gee, I guess I must be a morally abhorrent and disgusting person then. Nice to know that my fondness for a glass of wine with dinner makes me a terrible human being.

If that sounds ridiculous to you, perhaps you shouldn't make broad sweeping judgements about people based on what liquids they may or may not like to imbibe.

That's how I see things. Is it a little close-minded? If you think so, fine. But my "broad statement" is my response to anyone who asks my stance on alcohol. It really isn't that vague, either. It gets my opinion across.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry, but I pity everyone who thinks drinking is a good idea. The fact that people who drink need a liver damaging chemical substance to make themselves happy makes me think that there is something wrong with them. it makes me sad that people can't be more independent. It's just impossible to be responsible with a substance that hinders your judgement. 

I can never get behind loosing control, cause that typically leads to decisions made that you'll regret later, that could have been prevented. 

I tasted beer once. It was gawd awful. I thought it was root beer. I was 8 or 9 years old back then, what else was I supposed to think? I suppose the reason I managed to stay away form it all was being asocial during my childhood, staying indoors during childhood (I lived on a tundra for 2 years, then a forest for another 2). Moving around a few times didn't help. Avoiding joining sports teams and getting out of school ASAP once the final bell rung kept me from feeling the effects of peer pressure. 

But one thing that kept me and still keeps me from drinking or any form of drugs actually came from me being a pro wrestling fan. Back in 06, a wrestler by the name of CM Punk debuted in the WWE, and his gimmick was straight edge (SxE), where he didn't do drugs, smoking or alcohol. It's from him that I learned that Straight edge wasn't just a gimmick, but a real subculture, started in the early 80s as an offshoot and reaction to the hardcore punk movement, where hedonism was commonplace. Drinking, drugs and promiscuous sex were the norm, and musicians were dying left and right. Groups of bands rebelled against the new norm and wrote songs about setting an example, fighting against addiction, and having a free & clear mind, a movement that still persists to this day. It was an underground movement that, like the MLP fandom, had a positive message I could not only support, but live by. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

That's how I see things. Is it a little close-minded? If you think so, fine. But my "broad statement" is my response to anyone who asks my stance on alcohol. It really isn't that vague, either. It gets my opinion across.

I'm rather interested to know why you think drinking a glass of red wine is morally repugnant. I can understand thinking that people who go out and get wasted every Saturday night are irresponsible and immature, but you're tarring me with the same brush and I'm curious as to your reasoning.

Especially considering that

a) Red wine is known to provide health benefits when consumed in moderation.

b ) I'm not hurting anyone around me by drinking it.

c) I wear off driving when I feel the least bit tipsy.

Edited by Kay Dreamer
  • Brohoof 2

I'm sorry, but I pity everyone who thinks drinking is a good idea. The fact that people who drink need a liver damaging chemical substance to make themselves happy makes me think that there is something wrong with them. it makes me sad that people can't be more independent. It's just impossible to be responsible with a substance that hinders your judgement. 

It's not impossible.  It's very easy, actually.  You just have to find your limit.  

I've never lost control of my judgement, and I've been through every stage.  Just lost balance and stuff if I had too much.  It's pretty easy to know when you've had enough to still function though.  

(edited)

1, anytime some one uses the term "morally wrong"  they give the imprison that they disprove of something with out any thought behind it. a lot of people find masturbating, non sexual nudity or loving someone of the same sex to be "morally wrong" and want to force every one to not be able do any of these things just "because". I think of the phrase "morally wrong" as a type of blind hate word like a racial slurs. I think some one who is a pedophile is bad because they destroy kids lives, not because its "morally wrong".

2, you say your "disgusted by anyone who does it regularly". so anyone anywhere who drinks on the regularly is disgusting to you. no matter how much of a non problem they may be, you put them in the same group as some one that kills some one in a DWI. your talking like a hate group by lumping every one into just one big bunch and calling them all disusing. 

Edited by SolidTwilight
  • Brohoof 1

I'm rather interested to know why you think drinking a glass of red wine is morally repugnant. I can understand thinking that people who go out and get wasted every Saturday night are irresponsible and immature, but you're tarring me with the same brush and I'm curious as to your reasoning.

Especially considering that

a) Red wine is known to provide health benefits when consumed in moderation.

B) I'm not hurting anyone around me by drinking it.

c) I wear off driving when I feel the least bit tipsy.

My uncle and my brother have had bad experiences with alcohol. My uncle got his drivers license expelled for too many DUIs and my brother almost passed away because of severe alcohol poisoning. Since I was young, I have always found alcohol to be a scary thing. I've seen what it can do to people.

Since then, I see anyone who drinks alcohol, consumed in moderation or regularly, as someone... who I do not want to associate myself with in any sense. I feel very strongly about this and I don't see my views changing anytime soon.

I don't drink alcohol and I never will. I have no problem with people who do, though I admit I feel very uncomfortable around people who are drunk. Even if they're just a bit tipsy. I've seen exactly what that stuff can do to you. I've seen the way it makes certain people act. I don't want to go anywhere near it.

You can drink whatever you want, I'll just stick to coffee and smoothies.

1, anytime some one uses the term "morally wrong"  they give the imprison that they disprove of something with out any thought behind it. a lot of people find masturbating, non sexual nudity or loving someone of the same sex to be "morally wrong" and want to force every one to not be able do any of these things just "because". I think of the phrase "morally wrong" as a type of blind hate word like a racial slurs. I think some one who is a pedophile is bad because they destroy kids lives, not because its "morally wrong".

2, you say your "disgusted by anyone who does it regularly". so anyone anywhere who drinks on the regularly is disgusting to you. no matter how much of a non problem they may be, you put them in the same grope as some one that kills some one in a DWI. your talking like a hate group by lumping every one into just one big bunch and calling them all disusing.

Yes. I see anyone who drinks as someone whom I do not want to associate myself with and I have a negative opinion on them.

My uncle and my brother have had bad experiences with alcohol. My uncle got his drivers license expelled for too many DUIs and my brother almost passed away because of severe alcohol poisoning. Since I was young, I have always found alcohol to be a scary thing. I've seen what it can do to people.

Since then, I see anyone who drinks alcohol, consumed in moderation or regularly, as someone... who I do not want to associate myself with in any sense. I feel very strongly about this and I don't see my views changing anytime soon.

that's pretty unfair to judge the entire rest of the world on just 2 people's own actions.

that's pretty unfair to judge the entire rest of the world on just 2 people's own actions.

That's not the only reason why I have this opinion. That's a big part of it, though.

It's not impossible.  It's very easy, actually.  You just have to find your limit.  

I've never lost control of my judgement, and I've been through every stage.  Just lost balance and stuff if I had too much.  It's pretty easy to know when you've had enough to still function though.  

But my problem is why do you need it at all? Why can't you or others find happiness or a good time outside of the bottle? I'd like to think it isn't impossible for you. It just boggles my mind that people need help having a good time.