Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else not like alcohol?

SolidTwilight

238 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like to drink alcohol

• I like to drink all the time!
    • I like to drink some times.
    • I only drink when every one else is also.
    • I don't really but do sometimes.
    • I don't like to at all
    • Don't know, never tried it.

But my problem is why do you need it at all? Why can't you or others find happiness or a good time outside of the bottle? I'd like to think it isn't impossible for you. It just boggles my mind that people need help having a good time. 

I can find happiness in other things.  But it is also something I enjoy.  I enjoy the taste and I enjoy the feeling it gives me.  It's like a warm tingle with a lifted mood.  

I could ask people why would they ever need to find happiness in roller coasters just because I'm scared of heights, but I know that different strokes for different folks. :)

It's not for everyone, but it is something that I like.

• Brohoof 2

My uncle and my brother have had bad experiences with alcohol. My uncle got his drivers license expelled for too many DUIs and my brother almost passed away because of severe alcohol poisoning. Since I was young, I have always found alcohol to be a scary thing. I've seen what it can do to people.

Since then, I see anyone who drinks alcohol, consumed in moderation or regularly, as someone... who I do not want to associate myself with in any sense. I feel very strongly about this and I don't see my views changing anytime soon.

I'm sorry to hear that. People in my family have (or have recovered from) alcohol problems as well, so I get where you're coming from. I take their experiences as a warning of 'what not to do', but I know my own limits and I trust myself and my common sense.

I still think your view of the subject is very narrow, especially as moderate wine consumption does have health benefits, as I explained before. (And I'm not harming anyone else by drinking.) But if it's a very emotional topic for you, I can understand why that is.

It's a little sad that you're willing to completely disassociate from any person who enjoys a few drinks, though. I can't imagine ever being told by someone I met that they want nothing to do with me because I ordered a cider instead of a lemonade.

But my problem is why do you need it at all? Why can't you or others find happiness or a good time outside of the bottle? I'd like to think it isn't impossible for you. It just boggles my mind that people need help having a good time. 

'Cause it's fun. Why do people go on roller coasters, or go parachuting, or ski? All those things have inherent danger to them as well, but they're fun. Tipsiness is a pleasant sensation, just like a roller coaster is. (Being flat-on-the-floor drunk is not pleasant, and I've long since learned how NOT to drink myself into that state.)

Personally, I can't stand the taste of alcohol.  I've just got some really, really strong natural aversion to it.  I can't even eat deserts like tiramisu that contain rum.  It's just... bleh.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see how saying "drinking is bad" is a bad thing. Nothing good has ever actually come out of drinking, like,  You never hear about a drunk driver SAVING kids or anything. And frankly the people who are supporting alcohol are being immature. Our opinions do not affect your life style so why should you even care?  

• Brohoof 3

I'm sorry to hear that. People in my family have (or have recovered from) alcohol problems as well, so I get where you're coming from. I take their experiences as a warning of 'what not to do', but I know my own limits and I trust myself and my common sense.

I still think your view of the subject is very narrow, especially as moderate wine consumption does have health benefits, as I explained before. (And I'm not harming anyone else by drinking.) But if it's a very emotional topic for you, I can understand why that is.

It's a little sad that you're willing to completely disassociate from any person who enjoys a few drinks, though. I can't imagine ever being told by someone I met that they want nothing to do with me because I ordered a cider instead of a lemonade.

'Cause it's fun. Why do people go on roller coasters, or go parachuting, or ski? All those things have inherent danger to them as well, but they're fun. Tipsiness is a pleasant sensation, just like a roller coaster is. (Being flat-on-the-floor drunk is not pleasant, and I've long since learned how NOT to drink myself into that state.)

Wether my opinion is narrow or not, I strongly stand by it.

I agree with you on that. I don't understand why some people turn to alcohol or other destructive behaviors for fun.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see how saying "drinking is bad" is a bad thing. Nothing good has ever actually come out of drinking, like,  You never hear about a drunk driver SAVING kids or anything. And frankly the people who are supporting alcohol are being immature. Our opinions do not affect your life style so why should you even care?  

Because it's not nice to call people morally wrong and disgusting for choosing to drink something that they don't like to drink.

How would you feel if people were calling you wrong and disgusting for enjoying something that you like?

Because it's not nice to call people morally wrong and disgusting for choosing to drink something that they don't like to drink.

How would you feel if people were calling you wrong and disgusting for enjoying something that you like?

I don't honestly care. If I like something I'm going to do it and I'm not going to be immature. 

But if you want, I know some pretty talented surgeons that could remove that stick from your arse :)  

I would still listen to their stand on it and I wouldn't be offended. That's their opinion and I have no problem that that.

I don't honestly care. If I like something I'm going to do it and I'm not going to be immature. 

But if you want, I know some pretty talented surgeons that could remove that stick from your arse :)  

That was extremely impolite.  I have not said a single mean thing in here. I don't know why you're needing to be so mean.

• Brohoof 4

You make it sounds like that's all we ever do. Barring alcoholic, people enjoy other things in life. The fact that you are viewing us in such a bad manner boggles my mind.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@

Fair enough. I hope you never have to choose between keeping a friend or standing by those beliefs, though. I can almost guarantee there are people you will meet in the world who will challenge that, by virtue of being wonderful people who nevertheless enjoy a few drinks now and then.

That's not mature at all. Practice what you preach, please, or do not preach it. Most of us in here have been enjoying a very civilised debate, without resorting to immature insults.

Edited by Kay Dreamer
  • Brohoof 1

@

Fair enough. I hope you never have to choose between keeping a friend or standing by those beliefs, though. I can almost guarantee there are people you will meet in the world who will challenge that, by virtue of being wonderful people who nevertheless enjoy a few drinks not and then.

That's not mature at all. Practice what you preach, please, or do not preach it. Most of us in here have been enjoying a very civilised debate, without resorting to immature insults.

If I ever have to choose I have no issue with standing by what I believe.

(edited)

Well I'm 17, and I must say the large majority of all the types,brands and categories of Alcohol are unappealing. 

When I was in Germany (Bavaria Specifically) I was able to (legally) sample German Beer, yes it does live up to its nickname of liquid gold.

I also had  Russian Vodka while I was there, actually rather enjoyable. I still don't understand why people mix vodka with stuff like Red Bull, that crap is just disgusting. 

Edited by Sergei

If I ever have to choose I have no issue with standing by what I believe.

Well then, that's a bit of a shame for me. You seem like an otherwise lovely person.

It was nice talking with you.

• Brohoof 3

Well then, that's a bit of a shame for me. You seem like an otherwise lovely person.

It was nice talking with you.

Same here. Have a nice day :)

• Brohoof 1

22, I've never touched the stuff and never will. I'll never crave it because I've never tried it and thus, my wallet and brain are safe. I also don't like the stigma that drinking is an adult thing to do while conversing. Theres nothing wrong with talking over tea or even water instead.

22, I've never touched the stuff and never will. I'll never crave it because I've never tried it and thus, my wallet and brain are safe. I also don't like the stigma that drinking is an adult thing to do while conversing. Theres nothing wrong with talking over tea or even water instead.

Conversation over a good mug of tea is one of my favourite things to do... Tea is just the best thing ever, full stop. (The occasional cafe latte is also lovely.)

I guess the biggest reason why alcohol is considered an 'adult' drink to have during conversation is because it's only legal for adults. Also, it's often an acquired taste. Top that with the fact that the good stuff is rather expensive, and it's poor form to serve cheap, nasty alcohol to a guest.

Whatever suits the individual is fine by me. I'll usually ask a guest what they'd like to drink. Wine, tea, coffee, fruit juice, I'm hardly going to judge a friend based on what they'd prefer. 

Conversation over a good mug of tea is one of my favourite things to do... Tea is just the best thing ever, full stop. (The occasional cafe latte is also lovely.)

I guess the biggest reason why alcohol is considered an 'adult' drink to have during conversation is because it's only legal for adults. Also, it's often an acquired taste. Top that with the fact that the good stuff is rather expensive, and it's poor form to serve cheap, nasty alcohol to a guest.

Whatever suits the individual is fine by me. I'll usually ask a guest what they'd like to drink. Wine, tea, coffee, fruit juice, I'm hardly going to judge a friend based on what they'd prefer. 

I'm pretty bad about that.  X3  I always offer tea.  But some people don't like it, and I don't buy soda, so I guess I should offer tea and water.

I'm pretty bad about that.  X3  I always offer tea.  But some people don't like it, and I don't buy soda, so I guess I should offer tea and water.

Keep a few of those long-life juice boxes around. Those have absurdly long used-by dates. If a friend doesn't like tea but doesn't mind juice, squeeze the juice into a glass. ;P

When I finally move out of home I'll always need to keep a small amount of coffee around for when my parents visit anyway. So coffee, tea, wine and juice will be things I pretty much always have on hand.

Keep a few of those long-life juice boxes around. Those have absurdly long used-by dates. If a friend doesn't like tea but doesn't mind juice, squeeze the juice into a glass. ;P

When I finally move out of home I'll always need to keep a small amount of coffee around for when my parents visit anyway. So coffee, tea, wine and juice will be things I pretty much always have on hand.

Yeah, when I move out I'll probably have half the kitchen full of tea stuff.  

It's just so elegant, you know?

Yeah, when I move out I'll probably have half the kitchen full of tea stuff.  

It's just so elegant, you know?

Coming from someone with 5 teapots already, I know exactly what you mean.

Having nice glasses, tea sets and tableware is one of my little vices. When I first move out of home my house may not have much actual furniture, but at least my dishes and cookware will look divine. (Never mind the fact we will be sitting on the floor.)

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a drinker period. I'm not even a big fan of wine either! Which is lighter than beer or liquor. I guess its one the 'morals' I was taught if you will. To me alcohol is poison, and nasty. (I tasted beer one time, it was HORRIBLE!) I mean I won't judge people who do drink, its just not in my Preference. I do know people whom i'm friends with who drink though! Its also all the stories I hear about drunk Men\Women who get into pretty nasty situations because of the hard drink. All in all, not a drinker. STAY FANTASMIC!!!!