Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Room for Rent OOC - (Closed)

Wolfe

@@Scribblegroove

If we decided to do something like that with them, it'd be interesting to see it play out. I know all the areas where she'd stumble, of course. What you described would probably work for a while, maybe a month or two... but it wouldn't be long before she needed to continue forging her own path. She feels constrained when she's following others; she marches to the beat of her own drum.

In addition, there's one problem she has which I don't. That being is the loss of so many family and friends from Sombra's rule... including stallions she's had feelings for. She does a pretty good job of hiding it, but that stuff is still very raw. (It hasn't come up in A Shrinking Feeling because she's got other things to worry about, and I briefly touched on it here, but I've hinted at a fair bit of well-hidden sorrow in some of my EQE roleplays with her.)

If it came up any time soon, she'd probably have a really hard time deciding what to do. Depends on circumstance, really. You're right though, if anything happened it'd be something of a summer romance before settling back into an easy friendship.

(We should stop taking up the entire OOC thread with this, haha.)

@,

I think all three of us plus @Wolfe should wait for , and @Gloomfury to post before we do. (Though Rascal may be waiting for something to actually happen for Times Scribe to report on.)

(edited)

i would like to join with my 2nd name *not sega-dreamcast, before that*

You're just giving me a name with no character sheet, nor are you giving me any details regarding borough of residence, job, etc.

Denied

--------------------

ALSO

@@Scribblegroove

@@Kay Dreamer

@

WHO SAID YOU COULD SPECULATE SHIPS WITHOUT ME!

Please.....continue....

*noms popcorn*

Edited by Wolfe

(Though Rascal may be waiting for something to actually happen for Times Scribe to report on.)

*Keeps nodding head*
Yeah, just waiting for something to report in and then interact with other ponies.  

*Keeps nodding head*

Yeah, just waiting for something to report in and then interact with other ponies.

After scribble has played he might have an excuse to interview him, and through him interact with the others?

(edited)

@@Wolfe,

Are you going to wait until one of the other three post before you do?

I might wait a bit. Depends what I'm thinking later in the afternoon. (It's 3:30 AM as I'm writing this.)

*Keeps nodding head*

If you want, you can report on some other ponies that have come in. Some may be regulars that have experience in The Brew and can offer it, others are workers who can share some good times that has happened in the last 5 years, (*points to *), and a few more could just be some musicians, comedians, writers/poets, etc., that might be hanging around before their time on stage. Note, I'll have @Scribblegroove start at 9 and from them on, other ponies will be performing on stage, so you can interview some, but I understand the stance you're in right now. I'll try to make a post with some NPC Pony for you to interact with. I kinda feel dumb that I didn't think of it before. =/

I've noticed you've still got an empty 8th slot. If you have got room for one more, would you consider my OC...

Isle Cast

Some examples of roleplays that i'm in are..

The Four

Game of Pones

Darkness from Within

If what you've got in the Other Section is true, I am liking where this might turn. I honestly was hoping for more odd-ball circumstances in ponies, but makes sense that everyone wants a job and such. I really like what you've got, as well as what your prior RP experience has shown.

Accepted!

Really interested to see how you play her out in this RP. For some reason, I'm expecting to get a feel storm. XD. I'm not trying to pressure or anything. Just some thoughts I'm blurting out. Go ahead and do what you will!

-------------------------------

Room for Rent is CLOSED (6/30/13 - 4:05AM)

Slots may be added depending on demand

So now that this is full, I would like to talk about some other thoughts I've had about the RP. Nothing that will make an immediate change, but something that I've had a curiosity about that hopefully would keep the Slice of Life going strong, instead of getting stale after a while.

I was thinking that after some time, I'd do a video recap (in the best Brooklyn accent I can muster) and recall the bigger moments within Room for Rent for each character. A way to get current players happy for what they've done and newer characters situated on what had happened in the last X pages.

What I'd also like to do at the end of those videos is have a dice roll that would create a random happening. It can be good, bad, for one, for all, it might even be a roll where nothing happens. It would be something like rolling a D8 to see who it happens to, and then a D10, D20, D100 (however many occurrences I can think of) to see what happens, something like Kay Dreamer gets confronted by a mugger(s). I'd modify it as needed to fit wherever and whenever. So it might end up that Kay gets mugged while crossing Central Park on her way back to her hotel. I'd leave the details open, so that Kay would be able to RP her post with however she feels it to be. She could defeat the mugger(s), she could give him/her/them whatever bits she has on her, she could try to flee, etc.

So what do you think? Video recaps and dice roll happenings? I'd like to know how you feel about it and any sort of ideas you all may have for the RP, not just for this idea that I have here.

(NOTE TO SELF: Add Character Profiles to main OOC post for each character. Add "Known Locations" to main OOC post.)

Edited by Wolfe
  • Brohoof 1

@@Wolfe 

Yep, that stuff in the other section was part of it, like you thought. I might take a while to make a solid first post, once i've finishing catching up on the OOC, and the Roleplay itself. I'll try getting one up later to tonight though. 

Thanks for accepting me :squee: 

@@Wolfe

If you have time to do video recaps, I don't see why not! This'll certainly be the only roleplay around with that kind of feature, that's for sure.

I really like the dice rolling idea to spice things up now and then. (Though any mugger coming after Kay Dreamer best be prepared. She may not look like much, but she travelled the roads of Equestria in a time of wilder paths than now. Anything short of giant snakes is something she'll give a piece of her mind to.)

I'm still here - sorry about the delays. I'll have a post up today at some point.

I second the whole dice-rolling thing. I'd love to see Scarlet in a situation like that: she's nothing particularly special, but I'd you look up the profile for her brother Redwave... she's not quite defenceless either.

Well i've caught up with the OOC now, and can safely conclude that there has been a lot of conversation about shipping. I also think that a dice roll determining certain events would be an interesting dynamic, and will put my vote forward for that.

@,

I'm trying to contrive a reason for Kay to invite Scarlet along to the fairground trip. (Which, given Kay's current level of enthusiasm, is likely enough.) Mostly because Scarlet seems like she'd be hilariously unenthusiastic about the whole ordeal.

@

Hahahaha, okay, this is definitely going to be a thing that happens! I'll find some way... It's got way too much potential for hilarity.

Poor Scribble, I don't know what went on between the two of them but I get the feeling he won't be a happy camper if she comes along.

(edited)

@,

Hahahaha, okay, this is definitely going to be a thing that happens! I'll find some way... It's got way too much potential for hilarity.

Poor Scribble, I don't know what went on between the two of them but I get the feeling he won't be a happy camper if she comes along.

She pretty much just acted herself - tearing into him because he annoyed her by... just kind of being there I guess. Short temper - sharp tongue. :)

I don't imagine that suggesting that they come any closer than 50 meters from each other at any time would go down well with either of them.

Edited by Cinderscribe