Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Room for Rent OOC - (Closed)

Wolfe

In terms of Manehattan's place, The Brew is probably in central Manehattan, east side, near the riverside. That'd be a few blocks away from the center east side of Central Park. There's a park nearby in Manhattan named Carl Schurz Park, but for story purposes, I'll have that listed as a cemetery; the cemetery where Java Blend's father is buried. So The Brew will be a few blocks from the cemetery.

EDIT: Also, would you guys prefer to start the RP with our 6 people or would you like to wait a bit more?

So for a pony who's used to walking everywhere, it would be within walking distance from the west side of Central Park? That's extremely convenient for Kay. She won't have to worry much about travel from her hotel to The Brew. Having it become her favourite late-night haunt will make heaps more sense in that case! (It's nice that Kay has to walk through Central Park to get there, too. I can imagine her hotel to be located overlooking central park from the west side, going off Google maps.)

Doesn't look like the west side of central part is too far from broadway/bridleway either.

Magic based technology is awesome. My own original universe has it in spades. It's so much fun to think about what cities, transport and architecture would look like if everything was built upon or powered by a magical foundation. (Though I somehow doubt Kay will be using Metrocards. She understands coin money. She does not understand strange swipey metal card things.)  The way you've kept everything feasible to canon is something I have the utmost respect for in a roleplay. I'm an enormous nut for canon.

I'm happy to start if everyone else is, extra people can always jump in once it's off the ground.

@@Wolfe,

Can I join with Anala? I have some information.

Job: Archery instructor

Residence: Manehattan

Previous RP: http://mlpforums.com/topic/96471-that-shrinking-feeling/

She'll be pleased to see Kay and Scribble again.

Accepted

Expect the RP to start up shortly!

Is there still room for one more to join in on the fun?

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/cross-and-christopher-r5949

Denied

Your character's personality counters itself (i.e. sweet/kind most times and mean most times. (Being mean and kind at the same time doesn't work. You're one or the other.)) and from what I had searched up on the forums, your posts are filled with a lot of grammatical and spelling errors. So it's not at a level that I can accept. I apologize.

Is it ok for me to assume that scribble and java already made a deal about him performing at the anniversary night? Or will he just show up as a surprise?

Yeah. Just assume both have met and discussed his performance time and whatnot. I'm thinking like 9-10PM-ish is when I'd have you perform on stage.

@

Yipee, Kay's found a friend! (Though I should point out that she's green, not ivory, haha. Just so nobody else in the roleplay gets confused.)

@@Kay Dreamer,

@@Scribblegroove,

So, when do you guys plan to post? I'm so pumped for this!

Also, Kay, may I put an idea forth?

Your OC accidentally drops her instrument bag off a balcony. Anala, being on the ground at the time, shoots an arrow at the wall, through the bag's gap between the main bag and the strap. Fragile instruments saved!

Of course, your discretion.

@

I'm waiting for a few more posts to come happen first. Java or scribble should post before we do, and we should give Cinderscribe a chance to get another in as well. Since we're all currently in the same location, I wouldn't want to steamroller too far ahead just yet without everyone having a chance to post.

As for the bag, I guess that's something that could happen. Kay's saddlebag is usually quite firmly buckled around her middle, however. (I think you'll have more chance to use the bow in 'A Shrinking Feeling', unless there's an archery range in Central Park somewhere. I think Kay would enjoy learning how to shoot a bow.)

@@Wolfe

I just had a thought; how will we be tracking the passage of time in this RP? I noticed you explicitly state that it's 7pm in your opening post. When everypony starts going about their day to day business alone or in smaller groups, will the timeline be a free-for-all, or would it be a good idea for you to occasionally give us a date and time which the rest of us need to abide by? (Even just vague things, like morning, midday, afternoon, evening, small hours.)

It's very possible that we could end up with a RP where every micro group has a different idea of what time of day it is. One person's post may reference it being sunset, while the very next one is claiming it's midday. It would present problems if you wanted to corral everyone into a group event, or even back into The Brew.

I kinda like the idea that when you say it's afternoon, it's now afternoon and the rest of us need to time-skip accordingly. (Of course, a single day could last pages and pages of posts, it just depends on what everyone's plotlines are doing.)

@

I'm waiting for a few more posts to come happen first. Java or scribble should post before we do, and we should give Cinderscribe a chance to get another in as well. Since we're all currently in the same location, I wouldn't want to steamroller too far ahead just yet without everyone having a chance to post.

As for the bag, I guess that's something that could happen. Kay's saddlebag is usually quite firmly buckled around her middle, however. (I think you'll have more chance to use the bow in 'A Shrinking Feeling', unless there's an archery range in Central Park somewhere. I think Kay would enjoy learning how to shoot a bow.)

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I and another user ended up filling a RP with:

"We jus met but I luv u"

"ehmahgerd me 2"

And yeah, Anala will be happy to teach Kay about shooting. The former can tell all about how she and Riley would hang out in the archery field during their childhood.

• Brohoof 1

From what I see, myself, Gloom Fury, and possibly Cinders don't have exactly partners or small parties to join. 
While I believe Scarlet Rose is a worker under Java, and those two can be partners, Rag Stitch is practically stuck in work all day, and Time Scribe is all on his own. 

He's a reporter pony, meant to be getting the scope of the Cafe. I would like him to have a good old chat with some musicians after they've played on the stage, for his article, but other than that I don't see some interactions between him and anyone else until this Anniversary is over and he spends more time there. 
And I would think that Java would get a Tad angry at Time if he asked for some Tea in a coffee place, which would be hilarious. 

@

Time Scribe hasn't got the chance to chat with anyone yet. It's still early days! If he doesn't get to talk to anyone at the club we can always conspire to have him meet up with other ponies at some later point.

I'll try to get Kay over there to say hi, though. Could be that Time Scribe's table has spare seats and she takes one. Cinders should have an easy time getting Scarlet Rose (grudgingly) talking to the others.

Dunno what Gloom Fury plans to do with Rag Stitch, but he was warned that having his OC in work over half of every day would limit his interactions with other ponies. It's up to him to make that work somehow, or just get Rag Stitch involved in things outside of his work.

@@Wolfe

I just had a thought; how will we be tracking the passage of time in this RP? I noticed you explicitly state that it's 7pm in your opening post. When everypony starts going about their day to day business alone or in smaller groups, will the timeline be a free-for-all, or would it be a good idea for you to occasionally give us a date and time which the rest of us need to abide by? (Even just vague things, like morning, midday, afternoon, evening, small hours.)

It's very possible that we could end up with a RP where every micro group has a different idea of what time of day it is. One person's post may reference it being sunset, while the very next one is claiming it's midday. It would present problems if you wanted to corral everyone into a group event, or even back into The Brew.

I kinda like the idea that when you say it's afternoon, it's now afternoon and the rest of us need to time-skip accordingly. (Of course, a single day could last pages and pages of posts, it just depends on what everyone's plotlines are doing.)

I put 7PM to just have a point of reference in terms of time. It was also a way to signify to other players that despite The Brew's hours being 8PM-4AM, it was a special event, but I believe my initial post made that point already.

As for assigning time frames, I kinda thought it would be free form and let everyone roll out how they wanted to, minding themselves as to when everyone is, so as to speed themselves up to another character's point or delaying themselves to allow some others to catch up. However, I do like the idea of setting vague time points to let others know when is when, but I'd like everyone's opinion on it first. I don't want to institute something if the majority may not like the idea.

So what do you guys feel like acting on? Free-form time where you play out as you like, or setting a time when it's morning/midday/afternoon/evening/night/late-night/early-morning?

I'm afraid I might not be able to post tonight. I think it would be preferable for Wolfe to post first anyway. I'll try to get something up but I cannot guarantee anything :c

@@Wolfe

I like the idea of having some flexibility, but eventually when everyone is caught up having a fixed time set. I don't mind what it will be though. I'll just roll with it :3

@@Wolfe

I've actually had the pleasure of tasting genuine Arabic coffee before, when I was on holiday in Malaysia. (It's a common tourist destination for people from the Emirates.) It was beautiful, almost tea-like in flavour. Kay Dreamer (like myself) is usually a tea drinker, so it makes a fair amount of sense she'd really enjoy that kind of coffee.