Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Room for Rent OOC - (Closed)

Wolfe

There! My first post done and dusted. I hope you don't mind I did one of those time and place summaries, as you guys might not known exactly where Isle Cast is otherwise.

On a side note, do any of you guys travel through the Bronx or anything? 

(edited)

@,

@@Kay Dreamer,

@,

@@Scribblegroove,

@@Gloomfury,

@,

@@Dovashy,

Okie Dokes everyone! I managed to finish up adding Character Profiles and Known Locations onto the main OOC post as a way to get clarity on known information and as a one-stop place to see what's been added or what can be added onto a place and such. Go ahead and check it out! Some locations also link to the RP post that it originates from, such as The Brew leading to the first post in the RP. Though I want to make sure I have everything clear so no information is incorrect. Just gonna ask a few things right now just for clarity's sake.

@Rascal/Timescribe: Just want to make sure on this. You live in Bucklyn, but work in Manehattan, correct?

@Kay Dreamer, Scribblegroove, & BlueEclipse/Anala: For Business/Company/Group, I have you three listed as self-employed. Would you feel this is correct for you or would there be some change needed? I'm sure Kay's would have to involve something with the Crystal Empire, but I don't want to make names for something that belongs to your character, and I'm not sure if Scribble is a part of some musicians group or whatever back in Canterlot, but again, just want to give you guys creative freedom over your characters and the locations you place into this world. I also don't know if Anala might be with some archer group or anything, but yeah, just checking with you guys!

@Gloomfury/Ragstitch: Does the Thrift Shop that Ragstitch work at have some name? Or would you prefer it not having a name?

@Kay Dreamer: I know you mentioned Poney Island and a fairground named after Luna. You're referring to Coney Island and Luna Park, correct? And if so, the locations in real New York are in Brooklyn. Did you want them both in Bucklyn or Stallion Island, since Java referred to it in the previous post. Lemme know if there are any changes you'd like me to do on them

@Everyone:

Got a location you'd like to put more detail on? Lemme know! Message me with details of your place as they come up and I'll update the OOC accordingly! I'd like this world to be a lot more lively with places everypony will know with lore that YOU all create. Although I'm the DM, I'd like to let you guys expand on what is available here in New Mane City and, overall, in Room for Rent. Places here can create a sense of direction, a sense of comfort and familiarity, and I'd like you guys to take pride in broadening what's out there with places that have meaning. I would love to see a point where a place is set and someone would go, "Yeah. I made this place a thing. * :lol: *" It's sorta like Minecraft: You start out with nothing, but you slowly build and build until you have something that you're proud of and would gladly call a home, a farm, a mine, a Nether base, a giant structure that took you 10+ work hours to create. I would like to see the places you give lore to. I'll use The Brew as an example. It's a place containing 5 years of jazz history, a place where coffee is king, and a place where you simply relax. Pictures float around the walls of The Brew detailing some amazing ponies that have visited and/or performed at The Brew. It's become a staple to many Manehattanites' evenings. I'm sure I can expand on it from what little I have (and what little I've thought for it) so maybe it's a poor example. Nonetheless, let's see your minds work on expanding the empty canvas laid before ye!

-------

EDIT: Just read your post, really feel sad about Isle Cast. Like, 'I wanna give her a hug' sad. And I don't mind the time summary at all! I'll be sure to add Foal Flats onto the Known Locations. Also, remember it's "Bronc" and not "Bronx".

Edited by Wolfe

(edited)

Well West Bronc, including Foal Flats is a sort of rundown, lower class area of Manehattan. It's where Isle can live (on the street) without getting harassed by authorities, such as shop security and such.  

Oops, consider Bronx wiped from my roleplay vocabulary. 

Edited by Dovashy

Oh my. That is slightly, creepy.

On a sidenote, I've also just realised how appropriate that "Bronc" is the area of poverty, and troublemakers. 

(edited)

So close... Just four more days and I'll have my long wanted vacation. My well deserved intermission that will release me of all responsibilities :D

Ugh. I have to do three presentations and a chemistry project, but after that I'm going to be far more active on the forums :3

@Kay Dreamer

Just a piece of advice. If you bring Scarlet along, Scribble will go away. It's just a fact. You'll have to choose between the two of them.

@Wolfe

By the way, I'm going to write a part for the manehatten conservatoire. I hope that's ok :)

@Dovashy

I have the best idea for your character! Trust me, we're going to be the best of friends :3

Edited by Scribblegroove

@@Wolfe

It was definitely Coney Island that I was thinking of, since I know that's one of the biggest parks there. I sort of imagined it'd be quite new, made (or re-named) to celebrate Princess Luna's recent return. So yeah, if you want to keep it New York-accurate, may as well make them off Bucklyn. =)

@@Scribblegroove,

Aw, things are that bad between them? (I need to read this RP!) Well, if Java and Scarlet showed up together, Kay could always hop-skip between those two and Scribble + Anala. I'm not really one for forward planning where RP is concerned though, I'll just run with whatever happens.

@@Wolfe,

I'm going to slightly alter where Kay Dreamer is staying. I had her profile edited slightly to expand a little on the wagon/caravan she pulls. There's just enough room in it for her to curl up and sleep, so she's going to put it by a quiet lake Central Park and just stay there. (I can't think of what she'd do with her caravan if she were staying somewhere else.) I'll edit my opening posts to reflect that.

@,

I would imagine this video recap happening after the first night and everypony's left the club (except for Isle Cast <3 ) and gone to sleep. I'm still in the works for happenings I can think of for the dice rolls. If anyone's got any ideas, send em over!

(edited)

@@Dovashy

At the moment, this is what I've got:

1. Getting mugged {Negative}
  2. Finding a few bits on the ground {Positive}
  3. Finding a half used MetroCard (10 bits – 5 rides) {Positive}
  4. Finding a half used weekly MetroCard (3.5 days) {Positive}
  5. Finding a half used monthly MetroCard (14 days) {Positive}
  6. Encounter with a lost filly/foal {Neutral}
  7. LUCKY CHANCE (Varies) [Roll D20 to lock in à 19 or 20 needed. Positive effect chosen from list if under 19.]
  8. Congested traffic / Delayed train or rail car / Forced detour {Negative}
  9. Free ticket to a show/performance {Positive}
  10. Misplaced bits {Negative}
  11. Interaction with a tourist {Neutral}
  12. Bad news from work {Negative}
  13. UNLUCKY CHANCE (Varies) [Roll D20 to lock in à 19 or 20 needed. Negative effect chosen from list if under 19.]

Just know it's general enough so I can adjust it to any situations, moments, or places you may all find yourselves in at whatever point in the RP.

Edited by Wolfe

@

The negatives will happen and depending on the negative, it's possible to avoid if your character can act upon it, such as a mugging. I'm debating how much freedom I'm allowing on descriptions because anyone can say the mugger/thief is weak or poorly equipped. And no, I'm not saying you all will Mary-Sue that sort of thing. Just wondering if I should have some bare-bones requirement that must be fulfilled.

Also, the mugging, if it were rolled for example, would happen to whomever it got rolled to.

Same thing can happen for the positives as well. Somepony might be given a free ticket to a movie, but give it to somepony else or decline the ticket altogether.

Since there's 8 characters, at the current moment, I'm only going to roll 3 D8s (8 sided dice) to see which 3 characters will have an effect happen to them. Of course, if any doubles/repeats come out, I'll reroll as necessary.

@@Dovashy

Honestly, that's a possibility that they steal her blanket. Depends if you'd like the mugger to do that. However, I do understand your character's situation. Something like losing some bits wouldn't happen to your character since she doesn't have any. For now, rerolling effects is up to discretion.

@,

That varies, I'd think. Outside of dice rolls, I don't think people would try and hurt her because she's got archery equipment and her cutie mark shows a bow and arrow, but it doesn't mean nopony would try. Like, archery wouldn't be very effective if the mugger is up close, and since Anala is an earth pony, I would believe she would have more trouble maneuvering on her hind legs than a unicorn would with all four legs and magic to support his/her bow and arrows. So yes, it varies and I'd say either scenario could happen.