Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you women go through during your periods? (content warning)

Twilight Circuits

Many times terrible sometimes I throw up because I can't breathe, I have been sent home, stuck in a toilet for 1 hour or a shower, lying on the floor or in a bath or shower desperately trying to cool down because I get so hot from the heat. It's so painful and it can get to the point I can't move let alone do anything taxing. I feel like dying it's that bad and not exaggerating. 

Maybe because the body swells up inside so much and stomach pains.

And idk if that is normal or not for others but I seem to get it bad. I'm quite skinny to so idk.

When it's not bad I just feel super drained and knocked out. I think not eating much or avoiding things like meat and dairy helps.

I do take pain killers and sometimes they really help other times they help but not enough. Idk if I should do something to stop them completely but I don't want to constantly take drugs or whatever. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I hated getting my periods, they REALLY sucked, especially being a trans man.  I'm glad I don't really have to worry about them now that I'm on HRT.  Anyways, I'd get a LOT of clots and it was so gross feeling them come out.  I never really had any issues with cramps besides a few times.  I haven't had a period in 3 years so I don't exactly remember the intricacies of my period.  I remember having a lot of issues with gender dysphoria though, to the point I'd refuse even leaving the house because I felt so bad, like, I didn't want people to even look at me but I knew my mom would get mad at me being "dramatic" so she forced me out a lot, which just made my dysphoria even worse, thanks mom.

Edited by Thuja
Used the wrong colour for my post

I don't have any periods, but I do know how it is to have to deal with hormone changes, and it can make me feel stressed and sick.

I also try to avoid painkillers, when I get headaches.

I have mad respect for you women out there!

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

Sorry but I can’t bring myself to use the pink font lol

That being said I get bad pains and cramps that pain pills don’t seem to relieve. Also a week before my period I have breast pain that gets worse up until I finally start. It goes away after I start. I get pretty ill (nausea) and if it happens to start on the weekend I’ll typically stay in bed all day. After the first two days I’m typically fine. I’m not too emotional or moody. It’s more pain and feeling sick than anything.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I get my “symptoms” (usually acne, mood swings, etc.) a week before my period starts, leaving me in a constant state of confusion. It’s good when the symptoms and period aren’t intertwining, but at the same time, I’m led to believe my period is coming earlier than it actually is. Thankfully this pattern is rare for me.

• Brohoof 1