Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you women go through during your periods? (content warning)

Twilight Circuits

I can never tell when a female is having her period - I'm pretty oblivious, despite my eyes and ears being sensitive. Guess that's something I would never be able to do (on another note, I do have female friends). :derp:

(edited)

Well, here goes nothing.

I generally don't have that much of a problem with my periods. The 'problem days' for me are generally the second and the third.

The first day is just the start of it, rather regular flow. I've had a few issues on the second day however.

For those guys who don't know, there are generally three sizes of tampon: light, regular, and super. I use super from the first to the third or fourth day.

There was one time though, on the second day, where I kept putting in supers and literally NOT TEN MINUTES LATER, I was bleeding through. It was ridiculous. I've never had anything like that since. :blink:

Sometimes on the second day, I'll have the tiniest bit of cramps. To attempt to describe them... well, it's like your stomach is cramping up, not unlike what it feels like when you are running and your side cramps. However, the pain is a bit lower than your stomach and more towards the middle.

The third starts to slack off a bit, and the rest of the seven days are usually extremely light. I'm sure it's different for every girl, but that's what it's like for me.

I don't notice many mood changes in myself during my time of the month, but I guess I could say I get a little more tired, and have a slightly shorter temper.

I hope this is, uh, imformative? I don't know what else to say! :P

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Alright, I'll bite. My periods range from alright to leave-me-to-die. I usually feel some sort of cramping before the bleeding starts, sometimes painful, sometimes just odd enough to let me know that I should prepare myself for incoming bleeding. I tend to not change much emotionally, but for one of the earlier days I usually have bad cramps, sometimes painful enough to incapacitate me for an hour or two. I become very lethargic, and either don't want to eat or want to eat everything.

Also there's loads of blood. So much. All of the blood.

And why are LGBT people supposed to talk in purple? What does my sexuality have to do with my bloody-time?

Edited by Eloquence
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

all i want to know is if they fell the blood running out of them

Most of the time yes. 

And if you're stuck in a classroom or car or something, various profanities are generally running through your head and you're praying your clothes don't end up wrecked. 

Edited by wolfheartmoon
  • Brohoof 2

@@Eloquence,

Trans people and what not

@@Eloquence,

Well then that should probably be changed to genderqueer or something. LGBT includes non-straight peoples, and I don't think that affects periods much. Doesn't seem to have much bearing on mine at least :P

Obviously it varies for different woman, but I assume you want personal accounts from different girls. So how it effects me:

1. Feel sad/lonely. Even if not for a real reason. Just a sinking feeling in your stomach.

2. Cry/overreact to things that normally wouldn't bother you.

3. CRAMPS.

4. Prone to breaking out (just a few zits though)

5. Tiredness

Commonly, women become irritable. I rarely do. Just get sad, not angry.

Well. . . my ex. She was 21 when we were together, she had three children (her youngest were twins). She and I had a very active sex life, aside from when she was on her period. During that time she was no different mood wise, but she claimed that it was uncomfortable. She also told me that she was horny as hell, but her lady parts hurt to much.

Anything the lassies want to ask us?

I'm a girl, but I do not have periods so I guess I do not really have anything to say :P

I guess this is positive, but there are certainly downsides.

I'd post this in pink but I don't know the code:

Like Keylise said, I'm a girl but I don't have periods either. I take a pill so I don't have to have them. I've only had a few periods in my life; let me just say that I don't like blood. :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

I'd post this in pink but I don't know the code:

Like Keylise said, I'm a girl but I don't have periods either. I take a pill so I don't have to have them. I've only had a few periods in my life; let me just say that I don't like blood. :unsure:

I do not take pills myself (would be unnecessary), but I don't understand why everyone else doesn't take 'em xD

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually for me, going through the Monthly Disaster is a living hell. How I was able to tell I was going through my period. First thing. I check to see whether or not I was ovulating. If I'm ovulating, it'll be a couple of weeks left before I start my period. Of course, the day before my period, I tend to have more of the sad/depressing pms. What annoys me as my pet peeve is that my sheets and pillows would be stained with blood first thing in the morning before it hits me. Plus, I don't cramp on my first day of period. I only cramp a couple of days after. But after the week of ordeal is over, I just tend to go about my business until I start ovulating again. But I would have to say. It's living hell, and it would always continue to be living hell for us woman. The only thing we could do is pray for this natural curse to be passed onto male politicians. 

post-27780-0-60380100-1404057739.gif

• Brohoof 3

In another thread in response to Evil Dragon Master, here it is.

Alright listen up every pony. Since the dawn of woman kind, they have always bled for us. That is no secret. But what IS kinda secret about this whole monthly period thing? The truth would be the general male population actually doesn't know much about it. As a matter fact, I'm perfectly confident in saying this is how generalizations get made about it simply because men with their wife or girlfriend go through this thing, called an "experience". What experience? The experience that let's you call up or meet up with so called other male best friend and go "oh man... she's on the rag again..." 

So enough of this horse hockey. I want the straight damn goods girls, and you should be prepared for a couple hard questions from male readers if they dare ask them. But what do I want?

I want you to tell the male population what you actually do go through during this time period. Symptoms, emotions, functions. There's no holding back. Don't care care or think about what might seem unpleasent to read for us. The world needs to know.

So your a guy and you've had experience with this? See below.

So your LBGTQ and don't want to feel left out? *brohoof* See below.

What am I am doing is this:

I invite all types to share their experience or wonder about a stereotype they might have heard or a rumor they have always wondered.

If you are a girl sharing your information or story I want your post to be in pink.

If you are a guy sharing your information or story I want your post to be in blue.

If you LGBT and sharing your information or story I want your post to be in purple.

If you simply have something to say about the matter as a reader/commenter then i'd like your post in red.

@@Eloquence,

@@Eloquence,

You both do realise that Transgender women(Post-op) do not get periods as they dont have ovaries as science has not gone that far as for now all they have is a Vagina.

You both do realise that Transgender women(Post-op) do not get periods as they dont have ovaries as science has not gone that far as for now all they have is a Vagina.

We're referring to transgendered men, as those of whom who are pre-op/no-op at least do have periods, as well as period-havers who are some other sort of gender variant :3

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

We're referring to transgendered men, as those of whom who are pre-op/no-op at least do have periods, as well as period-havers who are some other sort of gender variant :3

You do realise that the topic is hitting some Transgender people where it hurts as the reference between the title and your statement could make some perceive that you are devalidating their gender and wishes as some do not like to be reminded of their birth sex

You do realise that the topic is hitting some Transgender people where it hurts as the reference between the title and your statement could make some perceive that you are devalidating their gender and wishes as some do not like to be reminded of their birth sex

You do realize that not all trans people think like that either and there is literally no other way to put it

I'm a girl, but I do not have periods so I guess I do not really have anything to say :P

I guess this is positive, but there are certainly downsides.

how come you don't?

isnt that something that all girls have to go through?

sorry if this is a stupid question :S

It took me a few reads, but I think I understand what you are saying. Do correct me if I'm wrong. Your issue is that the title specifically says "women", yet I am talking about trans men, yes?

Well, I would agree that there is some issue with the title. I would have much preferred "period-havers" or "vagina-havers" in lieu of "women". However, my statement was certainly not meant to suggest that I do not consider trans men to be real men or anything so cruel and revolting. 

To clarify my previous statement, this post is (or at least it should be) open to all period-havers, regardless of gender, and the purple text is (presumably) so that the statements of gender-variant individuals can be easily found by those seeking those particular responses. If I could change the title of the thread to properly reflect that I would, however it is not my thread so I cannot do so. I apologize for the confusion.

• 4 years later...

I'm not gonna go into full detail here, but what I can say....I typically get a little moody, snap at people for no real reason and then hate myself for it later, I get abdominal cramps, so bad sometimes it feels like I'm having birth contractions, I crave sweets like CRAZY, anything with sugar I desperately need it :laugh:, I tend to just eat more food in general too. 

I get tired easier, but then can't sleep at night because for some weird reason my period gives me temporary insomnia...always has. I don't know if other girls experience the same thing or if it's just me. :huh:

And last but not least, messy. It's really messy. Just...yeah. I'll end it there. 

So yeah, periods suck. :dry:

• Brohoof 1