Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever call somebody by their Last name?

Invincible

All the time. I call my girlfriend by her last name and sometimes my roommate too, even though (the latter) corrects me all the time when I do that, so I abbreviate her first name instead.   

I sometimes call a friend of mine by her last name but that's the exception to the rule. Otherwise it seems too impersonal. I often add Mr. or Mrs. to peoples' first names though. 

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

It depends, I call most of people I know from army by their last names, also one or two of my friends who happens to have same first name than my other friends... Other than that, not really. Of course I use last names from my professors and teachers, but my friends I usually call by their first or nicknames

Edited by Divine plywood

Tis a very British thing imo to call someone by their last name. Thats normally how nicknames are formed. I gues sit comes from school since you could have like 3/4 James' in the class or year group, you just know them from their surnames.

Its certainly more of a boys thing at school to be called surnames. As a girl, at my school, we were called our full freaking names unles syou said otherwise. I despise being called Jessica. I'm a Jess.

• 1 month later...

Yep, there were a few people in school we called by their last names because multiple people had the same name, or because their last name was shorter.

Few times. Usually when it's an infrequent last name. Very few times people have called me by my last name (but that happened)

Edited by Acons

• 2 months later...