Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Twilight Sparkle

RainbowDashCool

Applejack VS Twilight Sparkle  

43 users have voted

1. 1. Who would win in the fight

• Applejack
    • Twilight Sparkle

Are you talking about Maud Pie?

But magic is not uncounterable or unbeatable.

Well I disagree, I believe Applejack is smart enough to trick Twilight.

twilight is very smart but she can be tricked.

I'm just going to ignore this topic. It's absurdly pointless.

Why, because Twilight would beat AJ's ass?

twilight is very smart but she can be tricked.

The day AJ does anything subversively is the day she stops acting idiotic

Are you talking about Maud Pie?

But magic is not uncounterable or unbeatable.

Well I disagree, I believe Applejack is smart enough to trick Twilight.

Not Maud.  It was an earlier episode, I can't remember who.  One of the mane 6.

No, because there are still different degrees of earth pony strength. While Twilight would be stronger than must pegasi or unicorns, excepting some like Bulk Biceps, she would still be weaker than AJ. Like how Twilight has stronger unicorn magic than Rarity. Although that relatively small edge on strength AJ has on Twilight isn't nearly strong enough to make up for flight and magic.

Why would she be less strong than AJ?  We've never seen her actually show her strength before, and we haven't seen Rarity put her own magic to the test.

I feel this is a bit related to why people make their OCs adept magic users or flyers, just so they can beat the shit out of measly enemies. Also why earth ponies aren't as popular (I admit they do have a disadvantage, though there are many factors in combat).

Twilight would beat Applejack in a landslide just because of her god-like magical power. In an open field, it's basically a curb-stomp battle.

(edited)

That's a laugh. Twilight is a genius, if somewhat neurotic. AJ is a brute

Twilight is smart, but she has made mistakes and miscalculated. She has been suprised an out smarted.

If Applejack had no other choice, if she felt the need was great was great enough, if it was to win or lose verything... she could perform what the detemination and intelligence needed to win.

Keep in mind Twilight is my favorite of the Man Six while Apejack is lower on th list. I simple believe in having a more balanced perspective.

If any of Twilight's friends needed to take her down, to defeat her, I believe they would each have he chance and ability to do so.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Twilight is smart, but she has made mistakes and miscalculated. She has been suprised an out smarted.

If Applejack had no other choice, if she felt the need was great was great enough, if it was to win or lose verything... she could perform what the detemination and intelligence needed to win.

Keep in mind Twilight is my favorite of the Man Six while Apejack is lower on th list. I simple believe in having a more balanced perspective.

If any of Twilight's friends needed to take her down, to defeat her, I belive the would each have he chance and ability to do so.

The only ones who can are RD(very lucky) and Fluttershy. 

AJ never thinks outside the box, she just charges in and hopes for the best

Rarity is too weak magic wise despite her skill in combat

Pinkie sucks in all departments of battle

(edited)

Why, because Twilight would beat AJ's ass?

Now you're just offensive and mean. And why? Did I do anything to you?

Or you just have a problem with me expressing my opinion?

But if you really want to know the answer, then okay - because this topic IS pointless. Twilight is an alicorn, one of the most powerful ponies in this cartoon, she'd probably win with ANYBODY, if she really wanted (though, if she didn't want or was weak or couldn't concentrate properly, then there IS a possibility that AJ would win). Two, Twilight is the Princess of Friendship. Her power comes from her relationships with her friends, so why would she fight with AJ? Three, I see no logical reason to start or continue this topic, because the answer is plainly obvious (look at my two previous points). 

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Applejack MIGHT stand a chance if it wasn't a fight outside the plains in broad daylight. Say, if it was a dimly lit building, stealth could be an option. Twilight has a lot of magical power, but it's not flawless and inexhaustible. Also, some of her spells require some amount of focus, so it's not like she can insta-cast a spell.

And I'm not saying this because I dislike Applejack. She's my favorite pony - Twiloght is my third.

Edited by Original Suri
  • Brohoof 1

Now you're just offensive and mean. And why? Did I do anything to you? Or you just have a problem with me expressing my opinion?

I don't know why you're mad. I am pointing out something even you agree with.

But if you really want to know the answe, then okay - because this topic IS pointless. Twilight is an alicorn, one of the most powerful ponies in this cartoon, she'd probably win with ANYBODY, if she really wanted. Two, Twilight is the Princess of Friendship. Her power comes from her relationships with her friends, so why would she fight with AJ? Three, I see no logical reason to start or continue this topic, because the answer is plainly obvious (look at my two previous points). 

1. Discord, Celestia, debatably Luna, Tirek, Sombra, Demon Shimmer, and Alicorn Amulet Trixie would own her 

2. She was doing just fine without them when she brawled Tirek, despite having extra magic

Twilight sparkle I would say physically is probably the weakest of the ponies a its now cannon that earth ponies have enhanced strength b. Pegasus fly even with magic that builds strength c. Twilight herself was in school most of her life so she focus much more on her mind and magic than her strength.

her magic is her trump card. I do believe that given time if twilight ever turned evil she could be a bigger threat than even Terick. mainly because she would study more kind of and nastier magic

The only ones who can are RD(very lucky) and Fluttershy. 

AJ never thinks outside the box, she just charges in and hopes for the best

Rarity is too weak magic wise despite her skill in combat

Pinkie sucks in all departments of battle

Rainbow Dash is the fastest flyer in Equestria and by far the more skilled flyer. She I believe could use her ability and understanding in flying to put Twilight at a disadvantage.

Rarity has shown to have amazingly precise and delicate manipulation when using her telekinetic. I could even say Rarity may be more skilled at telekinetic ability then Twilight, evn if she has more power.

I believe you're not giving Applejack enough credit, and that if she had too she would do whatever it tkes to defeat Twilight. She is stubborn like that.

Pinkie Pie, heck I eould say she has th best chance in defeating Twilight. With abilities barely explored, her Pinkie Sense, her ability to keep up with ecen the likes of Rainbow Dash, and a geniuse hidden behind silliness.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash is the fastest flyer in Equestria and by far the more skilled flyer. She I believe could use her ability and understanding in flying to put Twilight at a disadvantage.

Until Twilight force chokes her into the ground

Rarity has shown to have amazingly precise and delicate manipulation when using her telekinetic. I could even say Rarity may be more skilled at telekinetic ability then Twilight, evn if she has more power.

Twilight's feat with the Ursa puts her to shame in that regard

I believe you're not giving Applejack enough credit, and that if she had too she would do whatever it tkes to defeat Twilight. She is stubborn like that.

Being stubborn won't help when your legs are broken and she's bashing your head in with a rock

Pinkie Pie, heck I eould say she has th best chance in defeating Twilight. With abilities barely explored, her Pinkie Sense, her ability to keep up with ecen the likes of Rainbow Dash, and a geniuse hidden behind silliness.

Pinkie sense doesn't help much at all, her speed was just a gag, and what genius? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1. Discord, Celestia, debatably Luna, Tirek, Sombra, Demon Shimmer, and Alicorn Amulet Trixie would own her 

2. She was doing just fine without them when she brawled Tirek, despite having extra magic

The point of this cartoon is that Twilight is ALWAYS going to win. No matter who is her opponent. No matter how powerful he or she is. And her strenght comes from the friendships. Yeah, she is (was?) a powerful unicorn, but she became a princess/alicorn thanks to her friends. They make her stronger and they helped her become a better pony. And I mean friendship not exactly as their literal help (as standing next to her and fighting when she fightes), but as all the lessons she learned thanks to them. As awareness that they'll be always next to her. This subconscious certainty that there're ponies who love her, who protect her and make her happy. THIS is what makes Twilight so strong. Not her magic. Well, not the normal magic at least. But the magic of friendship.

Edited by Anilewe

Not Maud.  It was an earlier episode, I can't remember who.  One of the mane 6.

Why would she be less strong than AJ?  We've never seen her actually show her strength before, and we haven't seen Rarity put her own magic to the test.

Well, say the average pony(ignoring earth pony magic) can lift a hundred pounds on their back(the actual number doesn't matter, just an example.) This can be increased to up to 400 pounds if the pony exercises a lot(like how humans can lift more if they exercise), e.i Bulk Biceps in this example would be able to lift 400 pounds. Earth pony magic then multiplies the amount you can lift by two. So, let's say Twilight, spending most of her time in a library, has a base strength of being able to lift 80 pounds, below average. Her earth pony magic then makes it so she can lift 160, above average. Applejack, working on a farm for all her life, would have a base strength of 150. Add in earth pony magic and it increases to 300.

But then this is all headcanon really, so if you can retain the right to feel this is all wrong.

Now you're just offensive and mean. And why? Did I do anything to you?

Or you just have a problem with me expressing my opinion?

But if you really want to know the answer, then okay - because this topic IS pointless. Twilight is an alicorn, one of the most powerful ponies in this cartoon, she'd probably win with ANYBODY, if she really wanted (though, if she didn't want or was weak or couldn't concentrate properly, then there IS a possibility that AJ would win). Two, Twilight is the Princess of Friendship. Her power comes from her relationships with her friends, so why would she fight with AJ? Three, I see no logical reason to start or continue this topic, because the answer is plainly obvious (look at my two previous points). 

the point is just a fun what if. anyone knows  they would not fight and if they did the winner would be witch ever one was in the right or he her right mind. and if its that pointless to you why even post here?

Until Twilight force chokes her into the ground

Twilight's feat with the Ursa puts her to shame in that regard

Being stubborn won't help when your legs are broken and she's bashing your head in with a rock

Pinkie sense doesn't help much at all, her speed was just a gag, and what genius?

If Twilight started doing anything of that all of her friends would turn against her as would the princesses. Choking, breaking legs and bashing heads in? Ha, it would be these very acts that guarantee she would lose.

If Twilight started doing anything of that all of her friends would turn against her as would the princesses. Choking, breaking legs and bashing heads in? Ha, it would be these very acts that guarantee she would lose.

Even in a team battle, unless RD or Fluttershy is present, Twilight will trash them.

And no one mentioned the princesses

the point is just a fun what if. anyone knows  they would not fight and if they did the winner would be witch ever one was in the right or he her right mind. and if its that pointless to you why even post here?

1. What's the point of asking the questions with obvious answers?

2. The author of the topic wanted to know our opinion about the idea stated in the topic. And this is my opinion. As good as any other. 

er se could fight Tirek because of her extra magic and she was fighting for her friends.

discord group effort. sombra and demon Shimmer definite group effort.

Well, say the average pony(ignoring earth pony magic) can lift a hundred pounds on their back(the actual number doesn't matter, just an example.) This can be increased to up to 400 pounds if the pony exercises a lot(like how humans can lift more if they exercise), e.i Bulk Biceps in this example would be able to lift 400 pounds. Earth pony magic then multiplies the amount you can lift by two. So, let's say Twilight, spending most of her time in a library, has a base strength of being able to lift 80 pounds, below average. Her earth pony magic then makes it so she can lift 160, above average. Applejack, working on a farm for all her life, would have a base strength of 150. Add in earth pony magic and it increases to 300.

But then this is all headcanon really, so if you can retain the right to feel this is all wrong.

for aj being stronger than twi see winter wrap up.

Also what Pinkie Pie has done should not be treat as a gag or joke, she has done that which would send most ponies reeling in confusion and uncertainty. He speed, ability to appear anywhere without reason, and her Pinkie Sense that can seemingly allow her to predict the future would give her a huge edge in battle.

Even in a team battle, unless RD or Fluttershy is present, Twilight will trash them.

Well I disagree, completely.

• Brohoof 1

er se could fight Tirek because of her extra magic and she was fighting for her friends. discord group effort. sombra and demon Shimmer definite group effort.

Umm, they can own Twilight at base

Also what Pinkie Pie has done should not be treat as a gag or joke, she has done that which would send most ponies reeling in confusion and uncertainty. He speed, ability to appear anywhere without reason, and her Pinkie Sense that can seemingly allow her to predict the future would give her a huge edge in battle.

Really? You want to pull that card? If that's the case, then Twilight is vastly stronger than AJ as she tanked a piano and anvil falling on her head with barely any ill effects while AJ was scared of glorified sticks

1. What's the point of asking the questions with obvious answers?

2. The author of the topic wanted to know our opinion about the idea stated in the topic. And this is my opinion. As good as any other. 

If you are the one who said this is all pointless  I need to call you on that one. inherently it assumes they for what ever reason did fight so saying its pointless is kind of out of the scope of the topic.

if you said AJ would win that is a valid option. saying they would not fight in the first place is clearly not a valid answer do to the fact that that is one of the author of the topic.