Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Twilight Sparkle

RainbowDashCool

Applejack VS Twilight Sparkle  

43 users have voted

1. 1. Who would win in the fight

• Applejack
    • Twilight Sparkle

(edited)

Twilight because she can just easily use magic. In fact, I say she'd be able to defeat the rest of the Mane 6 as well.

Edited by LatinoChurro

It's a cartoon. Nothing is meant to be realistic, and Twilight occasionally screams out "Mary Sue" with her actions.

Applejack is smart in her own way; she's pretty practical and industrious and is more street smart than book smart. Twilight isn't necessarily a physical fighter and might be flawed in some places.

• Brohoof 1

It's a cartoon. Nothing is meant to be realistic, and Twilight occasionally screams out "Mary Sue" with her actions.

Applejack is smart in her own way; she's pretty practical and industrious and is more street smart than book smart. Twilight isn't necessarily a physical fighter and might be flawed in some places.

You don't know the meaning of Mary Sue. The fact that Twilight can't win a single battle on her own means she's not a Sue. Sues have more to do with the story than their power

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If you are the one who said this is all pointless  I need to call you on that one. inherently it assumes they for what ever reason did fight so saying its pointless is kind of out of the scope of the topic.

if you said AJ would win that is a valid option. saying they would not fight in the first place is clearly not a valid answer do to the fact that that is one of the author of the topic.

I'd understand this topic if someone need an answer to write a fan-fic and had a scene like that (for example, because Main 6 minus Twi are now evil and if Twilight wants to save the world she has to fight with her friends or sth like that) - I'd understand and even help. Besides, why Applejack? In my opinion Twilight would beat up any of them, no matter if it's Rainbow, or Flutters or anypony else... Her race and her magic is her adventage, she's the main character of the show. It makes her a winner. Always. At least in the show. This battle is uneven since the beginning. It would be a great discussion if you asked what would happen if somehow Twi was turned into an earth pony and had to battle with Applejack/Pinkie/somepony else. It'd be a great discussion if you asked if the rest of the Main 6 would have a chance to win with Twi, if they all were turned into alicorns. Or if you asked if Twi could become stronger than Celestia. But like that? Why ask the questions, if everyone knows the answer. Twilight has the powers of all the races (not only pegasi and unicorns, something about everyone always seem to forget...). That makes her more powerful, no matter how you look at it. Applejack has strenght, intelligence and stubborness and she definitely can fight, but she is weaker than Twi. And so are Rainbow, Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy. And almost everypony in Equestria. If Twilight REALLY wanted to win, she would win.

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Really? You want to pull that card? If that's the case, then Twilight is vastly stronger than AJ as she tanked a piano and anvil falling on her head with barely any ill effects while AJ was scared of glorified sticks

The difference is for Twilight that was one episode, Pinkie Pie has made a habit of doing impossible things and you cannot brush them of as mere gags or jokes.

Pinkie Pie has knowledge of parasprites when no one else did, not Twilight and not Zecora, and was able to take them out when Twilight could not.

Pinkie Pie was able to catch up eith and out maneuver Rainbow Dash when she was trying out get away from her. RD could not outrun her, she could not hide from Pinkie, she could do nothing but give in.

Later, in the same episode, Pinkie Pie was intellegently and creatively coming up with ways to reach RD while she was with Gilda. Even building a flying machine.

In two episode Pinkie Pie is shown to effectly use her Pinkie Sense to avoid danger and more effectly avoid it then Rainbow Dash. I doubt Twilight could even touch Pinkie Pie.

There is her battle with the changlings,, her Pinkie Cannon, and even using Twilight as a gattling gun.

Then there was the Goof Off in Pinkie Pride were Pinkie was able too pull off stuff that would leave Twilight reeling and unable to process events if used in battle.

In a serious battle I would confidantly call Pinkie Pie a Lethal Joke Character. This being how dangerous she would be in a fight to th death.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Umm, they can own Twilight at base

base yes I did say because she had her powered up magic.

Also what Pinkie Pie has done should not be treat as a gag or joke, she has done that which would send most ponies reeling in confusion and uncertainty. He speed, ability to appear anywhere without reason, and her Pinkie Sense that can seemingly allow her to predict the future would give her a huge edge in battle.

you clealy mean besides her minor reality bending ability and strange eclectic knowledge? O and the proven ability to alter other ponies talents

for reference  Minor reality bending two many pinkie pies rainbow dash noticed and commented on how she showed down in mid air before hitting the pond.

dam the episode with the parasprites she know what they where and how do deal with them

as for altering another pony's talents see the wedding episode part 2.  just because some writers don't now what to do with a character you cant dismiss her know abbilites.

You don't know the meaning of Mary Sue. The fact that Twilight can't win a single battle on her own means she's not a Sue. Sues have more to do with the story than their power

At times she seems a bit perfect to be true. If you claim that Twilight can defeat her friends, then she doesn't need them if not for their friendship. It could be justified, since she does need to go "overpowered" mode at times to defeat the villain.

@@Noodles,

It's for the sake of a joke! By that logic, Twilight can survive anvils to the head

At times she seems a bit perfect to be true. If you claim that Twilight can defeat her friends, then she doesn't need them if not for their friendship. It could be justified, since she does need to go "overpowered" mode at times to defeat the villain.

No, she needs them for the Elements/Friendship powers

I'd understand this topic if someone need an answer to write a fan-fic and had a scene like that (for example, because Main 6 minus Twi are now evil and if Twilight wants to save the world she has to fight with her friends or sth like that) - I'd understand and even help. Besides, why Applejack? In my opinion Twilight would beat up any of them, no matter if it's Rainbow, or Flutters or anypony else... Her race and her magic is her adventage, she's the main character of the show. It makes her a winner. Always. At least in the show. This battle is uneven since the beginning. It would be a great discussion if you asked what would happen if somehow Twi was turned into an earth pony and had to battle with Applejack/Pinkie/somepony else. It'd be a great discussion if you asked if the rest of the Main 6 would have a chance to win with Twi, if they all were turned into alicorns. Or if you asked if Twi could become stronger than Celestia. But like that? Why ask the questions, if everyone knows the answer. Twilight has the powers of all the races (not only pegasi and unicorns, something about everyone always seem to forget...). That makes her more powerful, no matter how you look at it. Applejack has strenght, intelligence and stubborness and she definitely can fight, but she is weaker than Twi. And so are Rainbow, Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy. And almost everypony in Equestria. If Twilight REALLY wanted to win, she would win.

the point o am trying to make is plainly some folks are having fun with this topic and that is the point.  please stop trying to be a wet blanket and just go away if you are convinced this topic has zero merit.

the point o am trying to make is plainly some folks are having fun with this topic and that is the point.  please stop trying to be a wet blanket and just go away if you are convinced this topic has zero merit.

I was asked for an explanation, I explained. If it was not for it, my first post would be also my last one. Have fun.

@@Noodles,

It's for the sake of a joke! By that logic, Twilight can survive anvils to the head

No, she needs them for the Elements/Friendship powers

I am talking about the times when her "just joking" had a real impact on the show or was actively noticed and commented on!

I actively disregard 90% of what pinky do to the joke factor. but you cant disregard things like odd knowledge  her using Twilight as a crimson magic machine gun. or other things that is seen and commented on by the rest of the ponies. I ignored the episode where she keep finding rainbow dash for example.

Twilight if she can see Applejack coming. Applejack if Twilight doesn't see her coming.

But they'd never fight. They're friends.

I am talking about the times when her "just joking" had a real impact on the show or was actively noticed and commented on!

I actively disregard 90% of what pinky do to the joke factor. but you cant disregard things like odd knowledge  her using Twilight as a crimson magic machine gun. or other things that is seen and commented on by the rest of the ponies. I ignored the episode where she keep finding rainbow dash for example.

Rarity being able to carry a giant boulder also had an effect, yet a boulder of that size would weigh what, 8 tons at least? Yet later on he can't overpower Diamond Dogs?

(edited)

I actively disregard 90% of what pinky do to the joke factor. but you cant disregard things like odd knowledge her using Twilight as a crimson magic machine gun. or other things that is seen and commented on by the rest of the ponies. I ignored the episode where she keep finding rainbow dash for example.

Yet trying to ignore it wont change the fact it happened or that Pinkie can do such things. You cannot ignore 90% of what Pinkie does because your cheapening her use and potental. Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

Yet trying to ignore it wont change the fact it happened or that Pinkie can do such things. You cannot ignore 90% of what Pinkie does because your cheapening her use and potental.

Her feats are mostly gags, if she were really that good, she could just fly whenever she wanted to. She is inconsistent in that a rock slide of all things scared her

Step 1: Fly up out of AJ's reach.

Step 2: Telekinesis.

Orrrr don't bother with the easiest way to do it, and attack second. Block AJ's buck, then lay on the blastings/TK/any magic, really.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity being able to carry a giant boulder also had an effect, yet a boulder of that size would weigh what, 8 tons at least? Yet later on he can't overpower Diamond Dogs?

behold the awesome power of GREED!!!! LOL

By your logic pinky pie has no talent at all and should not have a cutie mark. Pinkie pie is the one with the most undefinable power out there. and if you want to carry things to far as well how do we know their rocks are not has hard as earth rocks. in dragon shy they shattered a rock by being blown into it. and one rock shattered by the effects of the sonic boom!(that one can not be ignored as a joke as it was key to rarity getting her cutie mark) .

behold the awesome power of GREED!!!! LOL

By your logic pinky pie has no talent at all and should not have a cutie mark. Pinkie pie is the one with the most undefinable power out there. and if you want to carry things to far as well how do we know their rocks are not has hard as earth rocks. in dragon shy they shattered a rock by being blown into it. and one rock shattered by the effects of the sonic boom!(that one can not be ignored as a joke as it was key to rarity getting her cutie mark) .

Pinkie Pie can make parties, that's her talent. She's not a fighter

And the rock that got smashed was a geode, therefore, really fragile. As for getting smashed into a rock, it could have been another really fragile type of rock like talc

Her feats are mostly gags, if she were really that good, she could just fly whenever she wanted to. She is inconsistent in that a rock slide of all things scared her

I agree. Pinkie's powers are not consistent. I don't believe she can consciously activate her Pinkie powers, or else all of existence in MLP would quickly end up being one massive, continuous party fueled by her abilities.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie can make parties, that's her talent. She's not a fighter And the rock that got smashed was a geode, therefore, really fragile. As for getting smashed into a rock, it could have been another really fragile type of rock like talc

you sir want to ignore everything about pinkie aside from throwing parties because you wish to.

altering her falling path has happened on more than one occasion establishing it as a know pinkie pie power. and that's not even taking about the pinkie sense that's been in at least 2 episodes one of witch centered on it. and would be handy in a fight.

How is this even a fair match-up?! XD
Twilight takes this one easily! XD

I don't think it would be as easy as everyone thinks but twi would win.

I agree. Pinkie's powers are not consistent. I don't believe she can consciously activate her Pinkie powers, or else all of existence in MLP would quickly end up being one massive, continuous party fueled by her abilities.

but its been show a few I do mean a FEW she can.  I issue is ignoring all her abilities is the wrong thing to do.

How is this even a fair match-up?! XD

Twilight takes this one easily! XD

It's a fair match up because in some people's headcanons, Applejack is stronger/smart/luckier/etc. than in yours and Twilight is weaker/dumber/unluckier/etc. than in yours.